Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Beginning Weight - 231.6 - 7/1/16 - Joined MFP again

225.6 - 8/3/16 - Began IF (Loss 6 pounds)

223.2 - 8/18/16 - Began OMAD (Loss to this point 8.40 pounds)

210.0 - 9/16/16 - (Today total loss is 21.6 pounds)

I have lost 13.2 pounds since beginning OMAD on 8/18/16 = 4 weeks - Average loss 3.30 pounds per week and a total loss of 21.6 pounds.

I'm excited about my results so far and the hunger pains are getting less each day. Four weeks down and a lifetime to go. I enjoy eating this way and will begin adding Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. I like incorporating new things into my life slowly so I'm starting with one teaspoon on organic spinach tonight and go from there.

My stomach has shrunk a lot and my arms. I'm one size smaller in clothes and they are getting baggy. It's almost time to start getting boxes of smaller clothes out of my garage! I sleep well...about 7 hours a night (which is great for me) and other than having to go to the bathroom a couple of times from all the water I drink, I sleep like a baby.

I haven't exercised since beginning OMAD but will wait and begin in a couple weeks. I'll begin by using exercise bands because the skin on my arms is getting saggy. I'm wearing longer sleeves now to cover it up. Oh, vanity, oh, vanity...

Thanks for all the support here and thank you Joe for your direction. B)

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Beginning Weight - 231.6 - 7/1/16 - Joined MFP again

225.6 - 8/3/16 - Began IF (Loss 6 pounds)

223.2 - 8/18/16 - Began OMAD (Loss to this point 8.40 pounds)

210.0 - 9/16/16 - (Today total loss is 21.6 pounds)

I have lost 13.2 pounds since beginning OMAD on 8/18/16 = 4 weeks - Average loss 3.30 pounds per week and a total loss of 21.6 pounds.

I'm excited about my results so far and the hunger pains are getting less each day. Four weeks down and a lifetime to go. I enjoy eating this way and will begin adding Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. I like incorporating new things into my life slowly so I'm starting with one teaspoon on organic spinach tonight and go from there.

My stomach has shrunk a lot and my arms. I'm one size smaller in clothes and they are getting baggy. It's almost time to start getting boxes of smaller clothes out of my garage! I sleep well...about 7 hours a night (which is great for me) and other than having to go to the bathroom a couple of times from all the water I drink, I sleep like a baby.

I haven't exercised since beginning OMAD but will wait and begin in a couple weeks. I'll begin by using exercise bands because the skin on my arms is getting saggy. I'm wearing longer sleeves now to cover it up. Oh, vanity, oh, vanity...

Thanks for all the support here and thank you Joe for your direction. B)

Mere words can't express how thrilled I am for you and at the same time, how GRATEFUL I am that you are here!!!!
    What you've posted here is encouraging, inspirational and just tremendous. You go girl, let's DO THIS!

Also, I really appreciate you mentioning using exercise bands, I have some and NEVER thought of using them. I waited until my 40th day OMADing to begin exercising. Even though I "tried" to keep it moderate to a teeny bit tough when I first started exercising doing OMAD, just a teeny tiny bit tough (doing stretching, push-ups and brisk walking), the amazing thing is...my scale weight losses slowed tremendously, almost to a halt--it was shocking to me. Now that my eating habits have changed completely eating OMAD, OMAD almost destroyed a lazy/couch potato spirit in me too. So, I can't stand just sitting around all day any more. I walk daily, but purposely keeping my heart-rate DOWN (by walking at a super leisurely snail's pace) and "purposely" not exerting myself during my walks (no matter how much I REALLY want to). Also, I use cleaning up and ironing and gardening and things like that too, for my exercising as well. Anyway, girl...you're rocking this thing and keep up the GREAT job!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, Linda! Yeah, don't worry about exercise if you can at all help it. You can always add that in as you approach your goal weight--and it won't be as long as you think! Exercise will slow losses. Make sure to keep it mild.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me of exercise slowing weight loss. I do remember that in one of your videos. I watched so many of them all at once (all day last Saturday!!) that I should go back and watch them at a slower pace. Okay no exercise other than cleaning as OMADING stated. I'll keep my arms covered.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OMADING:

Thank you so much for your input on exercise as well. I will do what the 'doctor' ordered and not exercise. I certainly don't want to stall my weight loss. There is certainly a learning curve involved in this program and we have to stick together to get the weight off and then learn how to stay at our goal weight. We WILL do this...We CAN do this!! I want to feel what Joe felt when he lost all of his weight. It must have been indescribable. This site and the people who have shared their story are such a blessing to me. Thank you...
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, my flowers are still blooming, and it's my 'free' day. Not my 'free-for-all' day but my controlled 'free' day.

I gain weight easily so I am a little nervous about this. I will not weigh tomorrow to see if I gained but will wait until my weigh in day on Thursday. I'll be interested to see what the scale says then.

Other than getting up to go to the bathroom a couple times, I slept 11 hours last night! I wasn't tired when I fell asleep about 9:30 and was shocked to see it was 8:30 when I got up. Wow!! I usually am up by 5:30 am on Saturdays and have watered my outdoor plants and started on house cleaning and laundry by now.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does this have anything to do with OMAD? This has never happened to me before. I usually sleep 7 hours a night eating this way and feel good when I wake but today I feel different. I feel like I have a lot more energy. Maybe it's because I slept so long. Very powerful.

Meals for today:
    Breakfast:
    Two scrambled eggs with green/red peppers and onions
    Cooked Spinach with 1 teaspoon ACV
    1/2 Cinnamon bagel with a little organic butter
    Hot black tea

Lunch:
    Mexican Fiesta meal at my City's Anniversary Party at the outdoor Sports Center with entertainment. Fun, Fun!

Dinner:
    My mother's homemade Chicken and Dumplings
    Mashed potatoes
    Fresh organic green beans baked with onion, garlic, and parmesan cheese
    Small slice of Coconut Cream Pie
    Iced Tea with lemon

Lots of Ice Water

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I will be purchasing a new scale this week. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best one to buy?
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, my flowers are still blooming, and it's my 'free' day. Not my 'free-for-all' day but my controlled 'free' day.

I gain weight easily so I am a little nervous about this. I will not weigh tomorrow to see if I gained but will wait until my weigh in day on Thursday. I'll be interested to see what the scale says then.

Other than getting up to go to the bathroom a couple times, I slept 11 hours last night! I wasn't tired when I fell asleep about 9:30 and was shocked to see it was 8:30 when I got up. Wow!! I usually am up by 5:30 am on Saturdays and have watered my outdoor plants and started on house cleaning and laundry by now.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does this have anything to do with OMAD? This has never happened to me before. I usually sleep 7 hours a night eating this way and feel good when I wake but today I feel different. I feel like I have a lot more energy. Maybe it's because I slept so long. Very powerful.

Meals for today:
    Breakfast:
    Two scrambled eggs with green/red peppers and onions
    Cooked Spinach with 1 teaspoon ACV
    1/2 Cinnamon bagel with a little organic butter
    Hot black tea

Lunch:
    Mexican Fiesta meal at my City's Anniversary Party at the outdoor Sports Center with entertainment. Fun, Fun!

Dinner:
    My mother's homemade Chicken and Dumplings
    Mashed potatoes
    Fresh organic green beans baked with onion, garlic, and parmesan cheese
    Small slice of Coconut Cream Pie
    Iced Tea with lemon

Lots of Ice Water

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!!

What an absolutely TREMENDOUS day! I firmly believe the extra sleeping is a direct cause of OMAD. Sleeping (like leisurely walking) is soooooooo under-rated these days. I really believe that a lot of inner healing and FAT loss happens during sleeping. Also, I want to THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, for sharing this with us. I've struggled with a "splurge day" since starting OMAD. For some reason, I couldn't get the concept in my head. After you posted this, the "light" when off in my head, and I'll now start once every couple of weeks or so to have a FULL day of eating. ( YAY!!!!)Today is my 85th day doing OMAD, and I have yet to eat more than one meal per day and a snack (sometimes) within my 1 hour meal-time, well...except for once, when Joe told me to indulge myself (pig out on whatever) (to break a plateau--that I got from over exercising). I ate all kinds of yummy stuff (that I usually wouldn't/hadn't indulged in during all of my time on OMAD) within my 4 hour window and sure enough it did break the plateau! So, thanks to you, starting soon, I'm going to include a full day's eating once every two weeks or so. I don't want to over do it and have a splurge day more than once every couple/few weeks --because I'm so in a terrific rhythm with eating OMAD, with my hunger staved off and craving down to zero, until my mealtime, I don't want to mess it up. Once I get near/to my goal weight, then I'll increase my eating cals for maintenance.

Lastly....your entire splurge day is just plain wonderful...BUT, your dinner----honey, just <3 it!!!! Aint nothing better to eat than Mom's homemade chicken and dumplings----WOW B) just my favorite dish in the entire world!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi OMADing1:

I think the increased sleep is because of OMAD too. I believe I saw a video where Joe said to have a free day or I may have read it somewhere. He said it will speed up the metabolism. I've been eating OMAD for a month today and, like you, never indulged in a splurge and was a little hesitant because I didn't want to blow all my hard work but decided to give it a try. If I gain when I weight on Thursday then I'll just not eat quite as much the next time. I will find a balance that works for me.

I thought for sure it would be hard to eat one meal today after eating all day yesterday. I went right back into the OMAD pattern and haven't felt any different than I normally do. I call my day a 'controlled free day' because I always want to be aware of what I eat.

Give it a try and see what happens. Just make sure you don't weigh the next day so you don't get discouraged if you gained a pound or two. It should come right back off once you get back into your routine.

Thanks. My mother was a great southern cook and I learned to cook from her and still have all of her recipes.
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well...I know one of the dishes I will be having (and in the very near future too), either on my splurge day or not, is some homemade chicken and dumplings and that's for sure! I'm so looking forward to some and with some tabasco sauce and/or hot sauce on them as well. YUM!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Great, you deserve it!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I'm enjoying mealtime now since I increased the eating window to two hours. Now I can eat a full dinner and stay around 1,000 calories.
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm enjoying mealtime now since I increased the eating window to two hours. Now I can eat a full dinner and stay around 1,000 calories.

YAY YOU!!!! 4032785 Also, I love your motivational pics, especially this one:

Also, I LOVE your motivational pics so much--especially this one!
    ud7klnor7uix.jpg

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thanks....I got the idea from you from your pics and since I enjoy visual aids. Lovin' it!!
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks....I got the idea from you from your pics and since I enjoy visual aids. Lovin' it!!

Me too...like you say, the "visuals" really help me, especially in "trying" times o:)

ETA: I hope you will PLEASE add more too!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    f5ig12uxqzne.jpg

LOVE this....I'm going to be meditating on this and your other wonderful visionary inspiration today during my sunshine time walk!