Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet! I ate plenty. Now time to get back to it. That is an amazing week for a holiday!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I want to get to a place where holidays are more focused on family and friends than on food. I know that will come with time. What do you think Joe? I know everyone is different but as far as food is concerned, do you think of your meal on a holiday any different than you think of it any other day? You've been doing OMAD a long time and I wondered when that changed for you.

Very good question. The answer is, no, holidays are no different. Even holiday foods get old with me real fast and I'm ready super-quick for just another day. Getting together with family is great, but something comes over me that makes me less food-focused. It's like my mind doesn't tie in with everyone else's. To me, they are really just an expensive pain in the butt.

How long did it take for this to switch? There is still the "draw" to the family norm when I get together with family. I don't know how to juggle the two effectively as our family uses holiday meals as a bonding time.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I want to get to a place where holidays are more focused on family and friends than on food. I know that will come with time. What do you think Joe? I know everyone is different but as far as food is concerned, do you think of your meal on a holiday any different than you think of it any other day? You've been doing OMAD a long time and I wondered when that changed for you.

Very good question. The answer is, no, holidays are no different. Even holiday foods get old with me real fast and I'm ready super-quick for just another day. Getting together with family is great, but something comes over me that makes me less food-focused. It's like my mind doesn't tie in with everyone else's. To me, they are really just an expensive pain in the butt.

How long did it take for this to switch? There is still the "draw" to the family norm when I get together with family. I don't know how to juggle the two effectively as our family uses holiday meals as a bonding time.

Hmm...you know, I really don't know. I suppose four or five months. It was, in great degree, a decision, a change of disposition, a deep-down acknowledgement that my good time with loved ones was just not dependent on what was eaten. That's all I can say.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    11/19/2016 - Weight 197.5
    11/12/2016 - Weight 197.5

I did not lose this week. I went to Vegas last week and ate out many times so I'm happy I didn't gain. Once I lose to 194 I will be using my new scale which is 5 pounds heavier than my old scale. The reason I'm waiting is because I don't want the new scale to show that I'm over 200 pounds. I'm in Onederland and I don't want to see that number again. It probably seems silly to some but it was a huge hurdle for me to get below 200 pounds. We have to remember that weight loss can become a mind game and I'm not going there as I have done in the past.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Saturday !!

{{{{{ Hugs and High Fives Winner }}}}}}}} Oh you had a loss alright, you loss ANY and ALL fear and trepidation about having a BLAST and a BALL with your adorable sister in Vegas last week. To go on a beautiful vacation and not gain a LOT is a loss in my book. YAY YOU!

Ugh, a 5lb heavier scale-- :* Yeah, it's so not a silly hurdle, I understand completely. I have a scale here at home that shows an amount wayyyyy less than the one I use, and I hate that blasted thing. I got on it earlier this week and it showed me 180.0lbs >:):o>:). I could only smile and say that's my "faith" scale o:) I don't get on that one often though, because it's cazy >:) Linda, you are so right when you say this is a mind game and I admire your warrior fierceness in NOT doing a "Lot's Wife" and looking back at how/what you used to do in weight loss too. I admire you so much, you're awesome, period.
    Lastly....
    d946fd7f755534f853e841203ded0cb9.jpg

Your beautiful pic with your sister...you don't look a DAY over 40, you're doing WELL and looking fabulous--keep up the GREAT job my friend o:) !!!!

Awe....thank you. I wish I were 40. At 85 my mother didn't have wrinkles and was a beautiful woman. I have more wrinkles now than she had then. I'm blessed to have some of her genes and have good skin.

No, I certainly won't look back and turn into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife!!

My 'old' scale has to be adjusted every time I use it so I found two that I liked. One weighed me less (like your 'vanity' scale) and one weighed me more. I chose the one that weighed me more because it looks better in my bathroom Vanity, oh, vanity!!

Anyway, I probably did lose some to be the same weight today after eating that great food at those terrific restaurants in Vegas. American, Italian, and Mexican. I enjoyed myself and it's okay once in a while but it's also great to get back to reality and my normal routine. Take care Sweetie!

No kidding, I thought you were 40 as well!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

Hmm...you know, I really don't know. I suppose four or five months. It was, in great degree, a decision, a change of disposition, a deep-down acknowledgement that my good time with loved ones was just not dependent on what was eaten. That's all I can say.

Okay. Then I've got a couple more months. Whew.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing this with me. I don't put as much emphasis on eating as I once did so I'm gradually changing. I'm looking forward to the day when being 'food-focused' is a thing of the past. I feel it's just around the corner for me. Ha-Ha....'it's an expensive pain in the butt'....I love that. Thanks Joe!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    A little inspiration:

he7tl43ti5ns.jpg

co5zq6fkn4ca.jpg

xmbq58mkq0oj.png
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I like the last one!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I didn't lose this week. Today was a splurge day. I have one every two weeks to keep the metabolism going. I believe I may be at a plateau. I've been losing slow for a few weeks. That's okay though because I know it's only a matter of time before I begin losing regularly again.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Linda! Actually, a little stall after a loss is normal. Your body is stabilizing at the lower weight This is good because you will likely maintain once you lose all the weight as your body likes equilibrium.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi Everyone....I have company this week so please forgive me for not posting. Talk to you soon!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Everyone....I have company this week so please forgive me for not posting. Talk to you soon!!

Enjoy your company! I hope you have a great week.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I popped back in to say hello....everyone is doing great...talk to you soon!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hiiiiiii !!! :)

Hope you come back to talk soon and have progress to share :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    My company is gone on Sunday so I'll be back ....
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I commented on Sun's post about not weighing right now. I also put my scale away. I do this periodically when I get to a place where I begin focusing on a number on the scale more than I should. This keeps me in check and gets me back to focusing on the program and not putting all the emphasis on my weight.

Since my weight loss has slowed somewhat (which I'm sure is a temporary situation) I put the scales away until my clothes begin getting looser and then I will begin weighing again. I did this in the past and it's something that keeps me at peace.

My company has left so I'll be posting more.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    The second last one <3
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I commented on Sun's post about not weighing right now. I also put my scale away. I do this periodically when I get to a place where I begin focusing on a number on the scale more than I should. This keeps me in check and gets me back to focusing on the program and not putting all the emphasis on my weight.

Since my weight loss has slowed somewhat (which I'm sure is a temporary situation) I put the scales away until my clothes begin getting looser and then I will begin weighing again. I did this in the past and it's something that keeps me at peace.

My company has left so I'll be posting more.

I would gain weight doing this. My deficit is too small to ignore the scale. The time I gained the most was the period when I stopped weighing.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi Deb.....The interesting thing about weight loss is how different people react to the scale and also why some programs work for some people and not others.

In my case, I focus more on being the best I can be when I don't focus on the scale and get into that cycle of weighing. In your case, you feel more in control when you watch the scale.

Different strokes for different folks. Whatever works is what you have to follow. Have a great day!!