Dating life Post Surgery

Options

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @DizGal First, love your screen name. Second, not all men are that shallow. Your situation sucked and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Third, dating sucks. It has its ups and downs and leaves me wanting to crawl in a whole some days. Other days, you meet a guy you think has potential. A guy who makes your heart flutter. A guy you can't stop thinking about. A guy that talking to seems to natural you feel like you've known him for a long time...

More on that next week...(meeting Friday)
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @DizGal, I'm so sorry for the way your husband treated you. When my wife and I started dating and subsequently married, she was around 280lbs. I loved her for who she was and still do just the same at 145ish lbs (I'm guessing because she keeps it secret!). I will love her the same if not a great deal more as our baby grows in her womb.

You are a beautiful young woman, full of life with a fantastic future ahead of you. You will find the right guy who loves you the way you deserve. Somebody that will look at what you consider an "imperfection" and love it and you that much more. Good luck when you do get back on the dating scene and keep your chin up!
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    Well. I had my lunch date on Friday and it went well. He is everything I thought he was from our conversations before meeting. Funny, smart, caring, open, honest...definite chemistry. He is someone I can see myself falling for. I'm completely hesitant because I find myself in this situation once again...

Friday went great. Made plans for Saturday. Saturday he wasn't feeling well. So he postponed. We have talked a bit, and did reschedule for Wednesday, so we'll see.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 I hope it works out!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you, Nicole!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good luck @NicoleL874!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oh.My.Gosh!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry after reading these. I am in my 40's and was married for almost 25 years. I'ts been over ten years of wanting to separate but the kids were little, etc. This is the year I break free and take action and I am excited at the future but apprehensive too. Now, I read all about the dating scene and wonder if I will ever get back out there?? I mean....does anyone even remember the "olden" days (as my kids tell me) when you had to use something called a land line? Or talk face-to-face?? Yep....wish me luck!!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    A more recent laughable moment? Got a message: "Want to exchange massages today?" Well, I thought he misspelled "messages." So I answered, "Sure!" Ahem. Regretting my life decisions, in 3...2...1..."Great! Your place or mine?" Bwahahahaha! Um. No.

Anyway, I've deleted the app for now. Giving this guy a shot. Dinner at his place tomorrow. He's cooking.

:#:p:D Dying over here!!!
    Wishing you luck! Though I do have to say your stories make me laugh and cringe...
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love the dating scene! There are some weirdos and creepers, but the world has been my oyster! I've loved meeting new people. My bf is amazing!! This time around, I know that things are on my terms. I think that the big difference is that I used to aim for someone to like me...now I know that I'm awesome, and men are drawn to that.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @AngieViolet, I definitely think you've got the right mindset --- "now I know that I'm awesome, and men are drawn to that". I love that!!! :)
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    Now that I have date two tonight with a guy that I really like, Food and Fun/Halloween Boy/Boat Guy pops up out of the woodwork to see how I'm doing and if I want to go out. What? We've really not gone out. We played Frisbee Golf once, but now he wants to take me out? These boys...*sigh* I can't figure them out! lol
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    [quote=" These boys...*sigh* I can't figure them out! lol[/quote]

Don't try. Trust me :smile:

• NicoleL874
    Options
    Saturday night with Food and Fun went amazingly well! We had dinner at my place, went out for drinks, to play pool, and listen to his friend's band, then back to my house for dessert. He mentioned possibly going out to dinner some time. So weird. I've gotten used to "food and fun" that I'm not sure how to behave around him in public! lol

The new guy, we had a nice dinner by his place last Wednesday. He ended up being really sick. Still getting over it. We were going to do dinner at my house tonight, I offered to postpone. He said no way. I offered to make dinner and bring it by him, since he works tomorrow and I don't. Well..."we'll see." That turned into "oops, screwed up my work schedule. I work til 9pm, not 7pm." I would have thought he was blowing me off, but he invited me out to dinner by his work on his break. If he wasn't interested, he could have just told me he wasn't feeling well.

At what point do you guys feel like you really need to be open about dating others, or cut the cord and go with one?
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @AllisonMart YAY! It's rough in the beginning, but so worth it!

I'll update. So, the new guy didn't work out. I got a message last week that he just wasn't interested. I was grateful for getting the message instead of him ghosting. Not gonna lie, I want to ask what it was, lmao, but won't.

I had pre-emptively signed up on Hive, and just started talking to some men there. Ironically, I remembered the photos from POF. But, with Hive, you have to say you're interested, then they say they are interested, then the woman HAS to send the first message. Men cannot. If you send a message and they don't respond in 24 hours, the match expires and is gone for good.

Anyway, two guys. One, I'm super attracted to, but not sure how reality will work, but I'm already putting him in a box to be judgmental, which isn't fair, but it is what it is and I'm keeping positive and hoping to meet him this week. (He's a SWAT cop, totally into fitness, omg the muscles. My insecurities make me feel like he'll judge me on my saggy, gross body more so than someone that isn't built like him. Unfair, see above, I know.) The second one, we've not talked much but have a wine tasting set up Friday at 3pm at a Coopershawk. He admitted it's free in his membership, it should be fun.

I did text a guy I've been going back and forth with since December and he said he was glad I did and was traveling last week and would love to try and set something up this week...we'll see.

I'm back on POF and already blocked a guy. We were chatting, it was innocent (so I thought), I had a girls' weekend, he wouldn't leave me alone, so I ignored him. On Sunday I got home and said hello, I was home from my weekend. There was a message about me being "naughty", needing to be "punished" and some other nouns I won't use except maybe in messages, lmao! So, his *kitten* got blocked.

One guy I went out with twice, then he ghosted, hit me up on there AGAIN. I talked to him about it, was very honest, and told him he had my number, if he wanted to set up a date to take me out and get to know me, I may entertain the idea, but if he's thinking I was going to be a hook up he was wrong. There's more, but again...private, lmao!

It's a roller coaster, but worth riding...until hormones hit and so does the pity party!
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite board to peruse.... I wish I had some nice people to set y'all up with! :)
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »

I love this! I always use code names or nicknames lol. My friends didn't even know the real names of some of the guys I dated. Chinese Food Guy, Vegas Guy, Dr. Stalker. Then for some reason I ended up with like 4 guys named Daniel that I dated off and on, so they ended up being lawyer Daniel, Mexican Daniel, artist Daniel, and Israeli Daniel. The last guy I dated was named Adam but he turned into Ryan because my coworker kept referring to him as Ryan and when I asked why, he said, "all white guys are named Ryan" and it totally stuck lol.

Dr. Stalker? OMG. Totally LOLd on that one!