TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I should hit all of the challenges again this week, it's just easier for me to do them Friday and the weekend. (Working on those stairs though all week). My minutes should be up this week? I had a super busy Saturday last week and barely did anything, but I should be back to normal this week which should add 1-2 hours on just that day.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    @My-Butt. is that piccie you ?.

Yeah, that's me.

Wow you must be at your goal weight then you look great .

Umm, I don't really have a goal weight. I'm here for nutrition and stay physically active.
    I love learning and being challenged.

There's always things I want to work on like be faster, be stronger, and have more balance, and after working on those, my body will just look the part without me trying to lose weight or firm up.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    As I was out on my 4 mile run this morning, thinking about reaching the 1000 minutes this week, I realized what a daunting task that will be! I will still set it as a goal, but the goal of hitting all 3 challenges is much more realistic and still a challenge for me. This team is awesome!!!!!!!

Thank you for your contributions to the team! Please don't be overwhelmed with the minute goal, just strive to do what is realistic for you and your schedule!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Sorry, the following is me geeking out...and now you get to see the nerd side of me...

I love it when someone breaks down the math! :blush:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »
    KatKat1209 wrote: »
    Do you know these days - where everything is planned out and you're fully pumped.. and then baam - life get's in the way?
    So I was all set to go to my Bootcamp class yesterday evening. I reached home in time to change into sports clothes and go there right away.
    But then I couldn't even get into my apartment. My digital lock failed. Security came - and couldn't help. Well, guess who had the honor to call a locksmith to open the apartment and have the door lock replaced... and pay for the sh**
    By the time it was open and replaced it was well after eight and no classes done.. yay...
    I will make up for it today - will do the step challenge and some workout!

Oh no! Could it have been the battery? Mine died once and I had to climb in through a window. Really sucks. Sorry you had to deal with that. I hope tonight goes better for you. Maybe some nice and easy yoga will be worth doing to get minutes in and relax your tension.

Goes to show how old fashioned I am. I had no idea there were digital locks on apartments! I thought they just used those in hotels. Something to be said for good old lock and key. At least you can hide an extra key under a rock or stashed in your car.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MissionEnforcer for including our name on our spreadsheet. We're sooo special, we're the only team with our name posted . . . Hey, we may be the only team with a name! Ahhh . . . FABulous!
  • rusgolden
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Thanks @MissionEnforcer for including our name on our spreadsheet. We're sooo special, we're the only team with our name posted . . . Hey, we may be the only team with a name! Ahhh . . . FABulous!

I saw that too!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »
    b3achy wrote: »
    Sorry, the following is me geeking out...and now you get to see the nerd side of me...

I love it when someone breaks down the math! :blush:

Aw, thanks...you have to have at least one nerd in a group...and I am likely it... Age of the Geek, baby! ;)

Well, I did extra at the gym today to try to make up for yesterday (and get some extra time on the books for the team). Got all my steps/stairs done and 230 extra (just over 1000), and didn't even count the steps up to the 2d floor of the gym where the stair master was (I want to say it was 23 steps up). That was brutal - not the best challenge on my knees, but I took it slowly (speed of 5, whatever that means). Also did an extra 40 minutes on the rowing machines (over 5K meters) before hitting the weights. Still have some planks left to do, but need to get some dinner first.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Tuesday- 120 minutes cardio
    Wednesday- 180 minutes cardio
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    WEEK TWO: DON'T FORGET YOUR GARLIC!

CHALLENGE #1: “Twisting in Transylvania!” (10 points)
    COMPLETE - Tuesday, 10/25

CHALLENGE #2: “Climb To Meet The Count” (10 points)
    ** 770 STAIRS UP = 10 POINTS **
    14 stairs @ home; I figure I'm up & down my stairs @ least five times a day; 14 x 5 = 70
    M = 70 (I forgot to count)
    T = 210 (I'm trying to triple each day); total = 280
    W = 210 + 345 steps at a local park; total = 835
    COMPLETE - Wednesday, 10/26

CHALLENGE #3: “Dracula Doesn’t Share!” (5 points)
    “NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING!”
    3/7

Minutes/Miles
    24 Oct. 187 minutes
    25 Oct. 191 minutes
    26 Oct. 197 minutes (41 minute walk + 76 minute walk + 45 minutes day 23 of my 30 day challenges + 25 minutes day 5, level 1 30 Day Shred + 10 minutes stretching)

I may dream about stairs tonight . . .

bgxf9xal1h4q.jpg

m8y4djqwds98.jpg

ku4z5r12uvmf.jpg

esgi2w37ijav.jpg

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 - Twisting in Transylvania
    Complete for 10 points

Challenge 2 - Climb to Meet the Count
    Complete for 10 points

Challenge 3 - Dracula Doesn't Share
    3/7

I love these challenges that end up with dual benefits. I am lazy about stair climbing at home, so anything that normally would go upstairs to the guest room gets piled up on the steps until they're mostly full before I will then force myself to make a couple trips up. There's a door at the bottom, so I can close it and forget it. I decided to clear one step at a time to make myself get in more steps. Bonus - clean stairs!

t5vpdxi2t8ua.jpg

inck5gd1k3c0.jpg

Even with diligent effort, the stairs at home seemed to be taking forever to go up and down one flight at a time. Then I remembered these particular stairs in my little town called the "doctor's steps". When they built the first hospital in 1917 all the doctors lived nearby on the main street. However, 20 years later the new hospital was erected on top of a steep hill. The town built these "temporary" steps so the doctors could climb up to work at the new hospital. That was nearly 80 years ago and they are still maintained. A total of 65 steps to the top, so I was able to knock out the rest of the challenge today with a trip to town. They're actually steeper than they look in the picture. Uncounted bonus points for picking up all the trash around the steps on my last descent. B)

79ruzmzspap6.jpg
  • rusgolden
    Options
    @b3achy @My_Butt @MiamiSeoul --- you girls ROCK! Pretty crazy workouts!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I will definitely get in all the challenges this week! I finished the dances and stairs today. Working on the snacks. I didn't snack last night or the night before, but I had lots of junk with supper and didn't really feel good about it! So tonight I have eaten much better and am going to bed feeling good :smile:

I don't know if I can get to 1000 minutes, but I will work on getting 30 minutes more each day.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I was going to just go to bed, but instead, I did a Rodney Yee back care yoga for an extra 18 minutes :smiley:
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well my legs are sore but I've finished the first 2 challenges and am on track to complete challenge # 3 on Friday. I especially liked doing the videos. My daughter (who's a big Rocky Horror fan) would have been so proud to see me rock the Time Warp :-). I did 20 flights of stairs a day for the past 3 days for a grand total of 897 stairs.

I have an out of town appointment tomorrow and won't be able to post spectacular numbers BUT I love your suggestions @MzManiak I can definitely find a way to squeeze out an extra 30 minutes of exercise.

As for the 1000 minutes challenge...That's a lofty goal for me but I'm working on it.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Love the pix @MiamiSeoul and @RaeBeeBaby ! You both had some great workout locations! Mine was quite boring - the inside of my gym. It was definitely a challenge when I would have preferred to not being in the flat lands of West Central FL.

Week 2 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Twisting/dancing - 35 minutes - Done on 24 October
    Challenge 2 - Stairs (770 steps UP) - Done - 1007 steps; 26 October
    Challenge 3 - No late night snacking after 10pm (5 of 7 days)
    -- Monday - Done! (last bit of food at 9pm when dinner was at about 8pm)
    -- Tuesday - Done -- grrr, tummy rumbling
    -- Wednesday - Done -- :/ trying to be better about #nixthenegative (else I'd be saying some not so nice things)
    "Mileage":
    24 October - 38 min Strength Training; 35 min Gazelle; 35 min Dance Videos; 4 Planks = 112 minutes
    25 October - 0 min - worked late = 0 minutes
    26 October - 20 min Stair Stepper (1007 steps); 40 min Rowing Machine; 35 min Strength Training = 95 minutes
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I am here!! Busy week this week :) I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow when I have access to my laptop. Anyways... A little update on challenges:

1. 5 videos three time-
    so fun, haha! I love Halloween theme videos. I used the square pumpkin, Monster mash and calling all the monsters as brain break with my firs ties this week a couple times :) I love dancing with them, so fun! The other two I did on my own, as they weren't very kid friendly ;) challenge complete today!!

2. We have stairs at our school that I am consistently up and down through out the day. I counted and there is 16 steps for each flight. I went UP them as follow:
    Monday - 240 steps
    Tuesday - 208 steps
    Wednesday - 288 steps
    I have no doubt I will far exceed the steps up by today :)

3. I have been good about not late night snacking. I ate way overload yesterday thigh at dinner, so I'm not counting Wednesday as a success. So I am at 2/5 days met so far!

I will updat the spreadsheet tomorrow!! Hope everyone is enjoying their spooky week ;)
  • MiamiSeoul
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I better see a biiiiiig whoosh in the next couple weeks! Half a pound down after adding the 30 Day Shred to my routine. I'm glad I lost something, but COME ON, I've been pushing really hard! So, this leads to a theory I was testing. From my own records, it seems as if I lose more when I eat back more of my exercise calories. Most people tell me they only eat back 50-75% of them, so I've been trying that . . . oh well. I know, I know, there are so many factors, especially with women! I'm also trying to remember that I was a little heavier & it seems to come off a little quicker when one has more to lose, no?!? I'm also on a bunch of medication & I can't do strenuous cardio because of my back. Blah, blah, blah . . .

Okay. Staying the course. I've seen dramatic changes in inches, so I'm happy about that. It just seems that if MFP says this is my plan to lose two pounds a week, I WANNA LOSE TWO POUNDS A WEEK!!!

Okay, rant over . . .

BTW, with this loss I've officially lost 40 pounds since the beginning of the year, yeah!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I finished my "stairs" yesterday, and I gotta say to everyone who did theirs in 1 day.... you guys are amazing! I probably should have chosen a smaller step stool cuz I almost busted my butt a few times trying to do them while watching Tv! :joy:

I still have 3 videos to complete for challenge 2. Hoping to do those tonight since Friday I'll leave for camp right after work.

No late night snacking 3/5

Minutes for Wednesday: 60 minutes (42 strength, 5 flex, 13 cardio). Not as much as I wanted to get in, but at least I got the stairs out of the way...
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Status

Challenge 1 - complete Twisting & Dancing - Good rainy day fun! - Oct. 27
    Challenge 2- almost complete- I`ll write it when I completed it.
    Challenge 3-Exercising late at night, I want water more than food.

Having family birthday cut up a big fruit platter. Its been nice my daughter has been watching her weight, she makes the early morning smoothies. Helps so much!