TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm working on stuff. Just posting to say . . . . . I'm working on stuff! Might have enough done to post some accomplishments later tonight.

Also, I have two flights of stairs in my weird old house. One of them is VERY steep because it goes up to an attic bedroom. It has Lucky number 11 steps. The other one has Lucky number 13 steps. I've pretty much been going back and forth and up and down in my house all day.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul --- Great job! Putting up some great numbers for us! :smile:

@KatKat1209 --- That sucks! I know what you mean though!

@RaeBeeBaby --- Thanks for checking in... I can imagine you have all sorts of stuff you are working on. :smile:

I'm going to go ride the bike for a little bit this evening to get some more minutes in. Have a great evening you all... well, some of you probably already starting hump day, so have a good one!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Just finished round one of the videos :smile: . Tomorrow is my running rest day, so I'll try to get the rest of them, plus the rest of my stairs done tomorrow. I'm up to 314 steps, so almost half done :smile:
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    KatKat1209 wrote: »
    Do you know these days - where everything is planned out and you're fully pumped.. and then baam - life get's in the way?

Totally feel your frustration. I was supposed to break from work tonight at 7 or 8 pm and get in some cardio and planks. Instead have just finished working at 11pm. I would consider working out if I could have a light snack after since my tummy is currently growling, but with the challenge I'll pass and hopefully get more exercise in tomorrow. Sorry teamies! Well, I'll have to work out extra hard at the gym tomorrow (after a big breakfast). But I did get one one more night of the snack challenge done. Meh!

Great job by everyone else though! Congrats on getting us to the goal already! :smiley:

Team 1 is kicking our butts in challenge points again, but at least they can feel us breathing down their necks. I was reading some of their comments and it sounds like they had very little competition last race, so at least we are giving them a run for their money. Also good to see Team 6 come alive too. But I have no doubt that we can win it this time! We know what we've got to do and have worked out the kinks from week one. Full speed ahead!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Monday: 32 minutes dance, 20 minutes yoga

Okay, I entered 52 minutes for Monday... was the dance for the video challenge?

No, I just started Cize. The only challenge I've completed is the stairs, and I'm 2 days snack free so far.
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just had peek on team one. and looks like they have set a challenge to all get to the 1,000 steps this week .

Are we up for that challenge Team five ... of course we are its only 143 minutes a day .

:#
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    @My-Butt. is that piccie you ?.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm up for getting to 1000 minutes...
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY !

A person who feels appreciated will do more than expected .

Your appreciated team 5.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Just had peek on team one. and looks like they have set a challenge to all get to the 1,000 steps this week .

Are we up for that challenge Team five ... of course we are its only 143 minutes a day .

Working on it!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's me.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    I live in a ranch home, but the basement is finished and we keep a pantry down there. Every time the hubs says "We need more (insert whatever) from the pantry" I jump up and holler "I"LL GET IT" just so I can count the steps. It's cracking me up. I'll get all 770 in this week for sure. I'm up for the 1000 point challenge. LOVE being on this team and this group.
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

Yeah, that's me.

Wow you must be at your goal weight then you look great .
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Progress:

Watch videos for 10 bonus exercise minutes - Completed Monday

Challenge 1 for 10 points: 5 videos x 2
    2 / 5 done

Challenge 2 for 10 points: 770 stairs up
    240 / 770 (530 Remaining)

Challenge 3 for 5 points: No late night snacking for 5 days
    2 / 5

Minutes:
    80 (35 Cardio, 20 Strength, 25 Flex) Tuesdays are rough between morning class, work, and teaching scouts in the evening. I'll make up the minutes over the rest of the week. I'm camping this weekend with BMX bikes, relay races, and lots of hiking, so I'm aiming to reach the 1000 minute mark again. Must. Beat. Team. 1. :wink:

• MzManiak
    Options
    KatKat1209 wrote: »
    Do you know these days - where everything is planned out and you're fully pumped.. and then baam - life get's in the way?
    So I was all set to go to my Bootcamp class yesterday evening. I reached home in time to change into sports clothes and go there right away.
    But then I couldn't even get into my apartment. My digital lock failed. Security came - and couldn't help. Well, guess who had the honor to call a locksmith to open the apartment and have the door lock replaced... and pay for the sh**
    By the time it was open and replaced it was well after eight and no classes done.. yay...
    I will make up for it today - will do the step challenge and some workout!

Oh no! Could it have been the battery? Mine died once and I had to climb in through a window. Really sucks. Sorry you had to deal with that. I hope tonight goes better for you. Maybe some nice and easy yoga will be worth doing to get minutes in and relax your tension.
  • MzManiak
    Options
    I live in a ranch home, but the basement is finished and we keep a pantry down there. Every time the hubs says "We need more (insert whatever) from the pantry" I jump up and holler "I"LL GET IT" just so I can count the steps. It's cracking me up. I'll get all 770 in this week for sure. I'm up for the 1000 point challenge. LOVE being on this team and this group.

Haha if your husband is anything like the guys in my family, all of a sudden you would need more of all kinds of things... just to see how many times you'd go down and up before you said 'no more'. :tongue:
  • MzManiak
    Options

I think we could definitely use more people getting the 1000 minute max! That is my goal also.
    Remember, it doesn't have to be continuous exercise for the whole 2+ hours. Maybe you add some stretching when you wake up, or add some 5 minute breaks of walking around the office during the day, or jumping jacks to fight the 3 pm lag.... wall sits while you wait for a fax to go through or some chair yoga while reading emails?
    If you add 5 minutes every couple hours during the day, that could easily be an extra 30 minutes on top of your normal exercise and would definitely help, especially during this leg.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,101 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sorry, the following is me geeking out...and now you get to see the nerd side of me...

Remember though that we beat Team 1 by 200 minutes last time, and they only beat us because of the challenge points. We had 4 awesome folks hit 1000, they only had one. If we had all gotten our challenge points (max of 525), we would have beat them handily. Last week they left 15 challenge points on the table, but we left 50. Right now we again already have 200 more minutes than them (which is only 10 extra points), but they currently have 60 more challenge points than we do. Seems like a focus for us on completing the challenges would be smart since 208 minutes (3.5 hours) = 10 points. Of course, they want to focus on more minutes, since that is just about all they can improve over last week.

Now I get that since this leg is shorter, it is going to be easier for us to get more points for all the exercise we do, and we should push to get in all we can, especially if they are pushing to get more exercise points too. I wish I had 2.5-3.5 hours every day to dedicate solely to exercise (2.5 hours needed for 1000 at 7 days/week; 3.5 hours needed for 1000 at 5 days/week), but I honestly don't, and I just can't commit to something that I know isn't possible for me. I can commit to trying to get more minutes than last time, but not sure shooting for 1000 is reasonable for me given my current work schedule. However, I can for sure commit to getting all my challenge points and trying to do more exercise (even if I know I had more time last week).

FWIW, I like @MzManiak's approach, if we can all try to get 30 more minutes/day (just a half hour) that would be 150 more minutes for the 5 days we have left in the week. For those of us not at 1000 from last time and we all did it, that would be 150 x 17 = 2550 more minutes for the week than last time. With the short leg, that would be (if my math is correct) ~120 extra points. If you can do more than 30 minutes, even better! Help the rest of us with tough schedules this week!

If we can, as a team get 120 more points for exercise, and strive to get all our challenge points, we will blow Team 1 out of the water. We can do it Fab Fives! :sunglasses:
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »

I think we could definitely use more people getting the 1000 minute max! That is my goal also.
    Remember, it doesn't have to be continuous exercise for the whole 2+ hours. Maybe you add some stretching when you wake up, or add some 5 minute breaks of walking around the office during the day, or jumping jacks to fight the 3 pm lag.... wall sits while you wait for a fax to go through or some chair yoga while reading emails?
    If you add 5 minutes every couple hours during the day, that could easily be an extra 30 minutes on top of your normal exercise and would definitely help, especially during this leg.

Great tips Casty! I'm up for the challenge... didn't start great on Monday, but feel like I could get there by the end of the week! I also brought one of my fitness bands to work so I can do some mini-workouts throughout the day.

@b3achy -- sorry, I didn't see your post before I posted mine. Yes, I agree that the challenges NEED to be knocked out for sure and like your approach of at least improving your minutes from last week. Don't feel pressured to reach 1000 if you aren't able to. I don't often have much extra time either with my schedule and a 1+ hour commute to and from work.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    As I was out on my 4 mile run this morning, thinking about reaching the 1000 minutes this week, I realized what a daunting task that will be! I will still set it as a goal, but the goal of hitting all 3 challenges is much more realistic and still a challenge for me. This team is awesome!!!!!!!