TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1. 35mins done.
    Challenge 2. 770 steps done.
    Challenge 3. no snacking for 5 nights done.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1: Halfway done.
    Challenge 2: Working on it.
    Challenge 3: Done.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @2016summerfun Great job June! I should be able to knock off challenge #3 tonight as well... good thing, because the weekend looks to be some late night eating, especially Sunday when all the kids will be over for some scary movies and finger food and desserts... also celebrating my DiL birthday.

@milesaway61 Awesome! Great to hear from you!! :smile:
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    It's been a crazy week, so my totals have been lower than usual. The weather has also made my knees quite unhappy (both have been surgically repaired).
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I walked home for lunch, but halfway there I realized I didn't have my keys! So, I skipped lunch and took a walk instead :smiley:
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    105 minutes for Friday
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2 - complete 2,180
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm done on all three challenges. Don't think I will hit the 1000 minute mark this week, feeling really low on energy and just can't push that extra bit. I will still get in more minutes today and tomorrow, but probably not 251 over the two days. I am also working this weekend so have limited time available.

We are in the lead at the moment, if we all do what we can, Team 1 will bow to brilliance ...
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Another 75 minutes today with disc golf and gardening. Plus, I will meet the challenge tonight for no snacking. Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but hope to get a few more minutes in.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Some Fab Five nerding out for the weekend...

Great job on being 1000 exercise minutes over Team 1!! Also great job on getting more challenge points entered - currently 25 more points than Team 1!!. We have a sizable lead, but that seemed to spur them on last weekend.

Team 1 seems to be our closest competitors. Looking at their stats from last week, and comparing to this week, I'm guesstimating that they might wrack up another 5560 minutes over the weekend (and by filling in blanks for the week). This translates to 260 more exercise points. If they get all their challenge points (they came pretty close last week), they would also get another 260 points. That's 320 more points they could possibly get to add to their current total of 1175. That would put them at 1495. With a margin of error for my guesstimation of their exercise minutes, let's just call it 1500 team points would be their likely high for this leg of the race. Might be lower, and it is still possible to be higher, but it's probably a decent estimate.

Right now we have 1240 team points (yippie!! us!! for being in the lead!!). We still have 245 challenge points left. If we get them all that will put us at 1240 + 245 = 1485 team points (only 15 points behind Team 1 on just challenge points). If we get all our challenge points and just do the same amount of exercise we did last weekend (3215 minutes), we would get an extra 150 points for the exercise and that would put us at a nice cushion of 1485 + 150 = 1635 total team points. We do still have some blanks to fill in for the week, so we could go even higher.

We can do this Fab Fives!! Have a great weekend everyone! Keep moving!

I love you @b3achy! Smart is so sexy.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Saturday weighin: 139.8lbs
  • My_Butt
    Options
    I have completed all three challenges for this week.
    The stairs were easy since climbing ladders at work happens about every 5 minutes, so I know I've gone more than 5,000 (not only that, but I wear ankle weights at work.)

I absolutely loved the no snacking challenge. It was a real eye opener at how much I eat in the evenings. Shaving off those calories, I dropped almost 5lbs this week with little effort.

So I'm up to date for this week.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    After looking at the spreadsheet for awhile. I found the 'power rank' tab (it's really hard to navigate on my phone so I've missed it.)

I am so determined to make it, not only ON the list, but to the TOP of that list.

I think my weighted hula hoop while binge watching animes will be an easy way to add on the minutes.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @My_Butt I updated the spreadsheet with your scores for the three challenges as you stated you have done them, but they weren't updated on the sheet (and we want those points). Also, come join us in the top 10 of the Power Rank, there are 3 Fab Fives there at the moment, so space for 7 more of us!

We are currently 80 points ahead of Team 1...

Don't forget to log your points if you have finished a challenge!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the no snacking challenge. It was a real eye opener at how much I eat in the evenings. Shaving off those calories, I dropped almost 5lbs this week with little effort.

I'm with you! That was a great challenge for me! Now I need one to log all my food. I've gotten lazy!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    My_Butt wrote: »

I'm with you! That was a great challenge for me! Now I need one to log all my food. I've gotten lazy!

Lets create accountability for each other: while continuing the 'no late night snacking', we'll also be sure to log every morsel.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Status:
    Challenge 1 - Twisting/dancing - 35 minutes - Done on 24 Oct.
    Challenge 3 - No late night snacking after 10pm (6 of 7 days)
    Monday ~ Done
    Tuesday ~ Done
    Wednesday ~ Done
    Thursday ~ Done
    Friday~Done

Workouts

24 October - Morning~ walk/run~30 mins,yoga~10 mins,weight lifting~50 mins,night~ walk/run~60 mins=150 mins

25 October -morning walk/run~,35 mins,weights~50 mins, afternoon walk/run~35 mins,yoga~10 mins=130 mins

26 October - morning walk/run,30 mins,yoga~10 mins,afternoon walk/run~30 mins,yoga~10 mins=80 mins

27 October -morning walk/run~30 mins,yoga~20 mins,weights~40 mins, afternoon walk/run~30 mins+120 mins

28 October- morning walk/run 35 mins, yoga 10 mins,weights~45 mins=90

29 October~morning run~45 mins, weights,50 mins,yoga~30 mins=125 mins
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @My_Butt & @Mrscanmore - glad you ladies liked the snacking challenge! At least it makes me feel better that they did it.

For me, I'm very very very grateful it is over. I typically don't eat until late (often not until 8 or 9pm for dinner), and often I'm trying to fill my calorie/macro gap in the evenings after dinner especially when I have a busy day and didn't get a chance to eat. That challenge kept me from my usual late evening protein drink or piece of fruit to balance out my macros. Instead I was having to stuff my face during dinner or just after (before 10pm) to get as many calories in toward my goal when I wasn't even hungry yet. For a couple of days I was even hungry after the arbitrary deadline of 10pm, but I couldn't eat though I had spare calories...which was just silly, IMO.

I guess I don't do crazy snacking at night...and even when I snack, I typically am portioning out my snack to be able to log it properly anyway. When you portion servings out, I think it keeps you in check from just opening a bag of chips and eating them all. So, I guess I'm wired a bit differently and that is why it was more of a PITA than helpful for me. But super glad it helped you both! :)