TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Sorry team I let my numbers slip yesterday, I have had a virus which only effects my breathing yet I feel fine. It was a very hard day to see my numbers going down. Today is a stay home day, going to try a few of the challenges. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back on top.

Please take care of yourself and don't overdo it!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to clarify, do we have to eat foods from the list on the chart? Or can we eat other fruits/veggies that fall into those colours? For example can I eat an orange for orange or a yellow pepper for yellow?
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @Mrscanmore I asked on the Q&A thread and also asked about quantity... here is the answer...
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Two questions on the color chart challenge:
    1. The list of foods in the provided chart is not a comprehensive list (as you noted), so just verifying that we are able to choose other foods not listed if we know what color on the food color chart they would go on, correct?
    2. How much of each "food" needs to be consumed to count? I wasn't sure if it was a full serving or not or if cucumber and raisins on a salad for instance would count as 2 colors.
    1. Yes, your may choose other foods. This is just an example.
    2. It doesn’t have to be a full serving, but more than a few. Let's say at least a handful.
    Thanks for asking! :)
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    So far, Monday: Green (Spinach, Cucumber, Avocado), Orange (Carrot), Brown (Whole grain sandwich thin), Purple (Raisin)

This should be pretty easy for me as I'm pretty sure I generally hit a ton of colors. :)
  • rusgolden
    Options
    So far, Monday: Green (Spinach, Cucumber, Avocado), Orange (Carrot), Brown (Whole grain sandwich thin), Purple (Raisin)

This should be pretty easy for me as I'm pretty sure I generally hit a ton of colors. :)

Very nice!! ... for me, on the other hand, this is going to be a challenge, lol. I usually get enough of the same thing for the whole week, so not a lot of variance, but do expect to be able to hit the mark. Who knows, maybe it will be easier than I think.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Think I can mock jump rope? I don't have a jump rope. The ceiling in my apartment is pretty low, so I don't think I can safely jump indoors. We've got a couple inches of snow outside, so that's not really an option either!

I'm not sure how I can hopscotch in my apartment either, but I'll try to figure something out.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Think I can mock jump rope? I don't have a jump rope. The ceiling in my apartment is pretty low, so I don't think I can safely jump indoors. We've got a couple inches of snow outside, so that's not really an option either!

I'm not sure how I can hopscotch in my apartment either, but I'll try to figure something out.

There's a video with other options/modifications. I am modifying because of my back.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Sorry team I let my numbers slip yesterday, I have had a virus which only effects my breathing yet I feel fine. It was a very hard day to see my numbers going down. Today is a stay home day, going to try a few of the challenges. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back on top.

Rest up and feel better @sue_01! This is a team thing, so don't feel bad about your individual minutes. You did what you could, and that is all you can do! On these longer legs, the challenge points are super critical, and we've now had two weeks where Team 1 was just better than us because of the challenge points. I think we've beat them every week in minutes.

On a separate note, SOOOOO happy we're going to Australia this week! Just got home from a morning of commitments, so going to read up on the challenges now. Sounds interesting from the postings... :)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Let`s go mates!
    Food list: Monday - green lettuce, red- tomatoes, radishes, raspberries, orange- peppers, carrots, peaches, yellow pepper, purple - cabbage, white banana
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Can't believe I did it but I already completed the jump rope challenge. When I first read the challenge my heart sunk. We are leaving for vacation Thursday, Tuesday & Wednesday will be long work days, and I'm running a half marathon Saturday so plan to go easy on my feet/legs this week. However - I have two grandkids here today (3 and 1 1/2) and so I took them outside, got out a rope and just slowly plugged away at it while they played with chalk and in the leaves. Plus, they were completely intrigued and had to "jump rope" too. Hilarious.

Great job! I knocked out 15 minutes today and will probably do the last 15 minutes tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

To all of you that have questions or concerns or need clarification in some way, please post your questions to the Q&A thread... most likely there are others who have similar questions.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just posted a bunch of questions on the food colors into the Q&A thread...as an artist, their categories don't really make much sense to me, but hopefully they too are just a guideline...however, I'm still a bit traumatized that an orange isn't in the orange category (it gets binned as yellow-orange along with lemons...another weird one, IMO). But good for me, I'm making a roast in the crock pot with a bunch of veggies, and was planning on making spaghetti sauce this week, so I'll have my colors covered.

LMAO at the hopping challenge. A few months ago, I had planned to add more "playing" to my workouts, and in addition to swings, I was going to do hopscotch. OMG, at my age...those are HARD now!! I had thought I'd get in a half hour of each, easy peasy...I think I lasted 5 minutes on the swings and 7 minutes doing hopscotch. It was brutal!! LOL. But will get back at jumping rope and hopscotch for the challenge...probably tomorrow. As I was reading, I was "hoping" one challenge was going to be spotting the various marine life they mentioned since I need to do more paddling this week for my race over the weekend. I'd say I could probably spot about half the ones they mentioned here in FL. ;) But since we are heading to Australia virtually, I'll just report to you my mates about anything I see while out on the water this week. :)

And heads up, my week is going to be limited minutes this week too...I've got a race on Saturday, and while it's a kick butt cardio session, it tends to be only about 60 minutes or so. Friday, I'll be driving down (but will try to do something to workout in the morning before going); and Sunday I'll be driving back (though I will have a short paddle in the morning before leaving the area). Will try to get some longer sessions in during the week, but I do need to rest up a bit too. Hope to get the challenges knocked out and posted before I leave on Friday. I should have time to post minutes from the weekend on Sunday, but will try to post in the thread from my phone as back up in case my schedule changes.

We're strongly in second place, and know everyone worked hard last week! We did great! Time to move forward and take back first place again this week!!
    p3o3hffbanpw.jpg

Keep at it Fab Fives!!
    o2cua8s11lfh.jpg
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Great quote and great logo again! I'm sure a couple of our WI gals will appreciate the quote :smile: Good luck on the race!!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    haha, too bad this Wi girl house has more Bear fans (2) than Packers fans (1)... and a 9 yo that doesn't care!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Monday foods: green apple, yellow peppers, orange peppers
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Can't believe I did it but I already completed the jump rope challenge. When I first read the challenge my heart sunk. We are leaving for vacation Thursday, Tuesday & Wednesday will be long work days, and I'm running a half marathon Saturday so plan to go easy on my feet/legs this week. However - I have two grandkids here today (3 and 1 1/2) and so I took them outside, got out a rope and just slowly plugged away at it while they played with chalk and in the leaves. Plus, they were completely intrigued and had to "jump rope" too. Hilarious.

Wow! I am impressed! We did the challenge in the last amazing race. I think the longest that I did at a time was about 3 minutes. We were on a road trip, so everytime we pulled over, my girls and I would get out the jump ropes (I bought them at valuevillage along the way) and we would jump. I thought I would never finish!!!
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    G'day mates.
    Monday foods: Green: Spinach and kale, Green-White: Brussel sprouts, Brown: Brown rice, Red: Tomato
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    We had supper at a friend's house tonight. They always make very healthy and interesting meals. Tonight we had summer squash lasagne with spinach (green and yellow), salad with pees, cabbage and orange peppers (orange, white and green) and green beans. Our school snack was baby carrots and I also had a banana and an apple. This challenge will be an easy one for me too :smile:

I did the arm workout without weights tonight. My arms were aching! Glad it was only 8 mintues!