TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations team! Squeaked out another win by just 5 points. The teams are strong and so dedicated.

I just took Stella out for a short walk. It's brutal out there. I definitely won't be running outside today.

Nice post @cardbucfan. Sorry about your failed Rockette dreams - you would have been a great one :)
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! @120maggie
    2f7zdlm2qtav.png
    I hope you have a wonderful day!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @cardbucfan Sounds like you are blessed!
    Glad we squeezed by another week!
    I am slow starting this morning because the almost 3 year old was up coughing most of the night!
    I think I will take these kids on a 5 mile walk around town this afternoon. If it warms up some.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    9dhzuadua6sa.png
    I am thankful for my family. My husband whom provides for our family, helps with the kids and has taken in my nephew as his own. I am thankful to be blessed with the 2 children I had. They were both preemies and the first had a difficult start but he is now healthy thriving 12 year old with a learn disability. I think the experiences I went through to get them made them appreciate them more. I am thankful for the people in my life that have shaped the person I am. My parents, my mother in law (that is now in Heaven) my grandparents. I am thankful to have a home and shelter and food. To be in a place that we can provide for my precious nephew. We hope to one day adopt and make him officially part of our family.
    e4wx0ajjlc3w.jpg

on7kibmpe3xo.jpg
    yy3s1wqde0tj.jpg
    uecp3jyvclg0.jpg
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 beautiful family!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    For my 5k I'm going to do it Saturday afternoon in Paris! Already planning a big walking tour that afternoon and it will certainly be different than my usual! I will be getting that much distance tomorrow golfing too so if things don't go as planned I will still have the time and distance.

One time through on the Rockettes exercises. It helped with the soreness! I'm gonna do it tomorrow before golf then again Wednesday before lifting and spinning.

Now I must go get some stuff done!
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi sweet friends

Sorry for being less active the last 1.5 week it was a madhouse and I was not feeling real good but a few walks to the doctor helps me back on track.

First I want to say happy birthday @120maggie

dd6k2l36vzvu.jpg

Than I want to say that I am so proud of being a part of this team we are again at No1 position last week

@missionEnforcer I want to say that I am thankful that I live at a place were I can be who I want to be .....that I can have an opinion....were we have a voice as a woman....where is no war.....And most important I am very thankful to have a boyfriend who support me in everything I do and want to do.
    I am also thankful to met you all guys and be a part of this journey

psh0k5xlynuv.jpg
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think I might get a ton of minutes this week after all. Our hosts are insane athletes.

We did a 5k this morning. Was planned before the challenge was up. Just ended up being lucky I guess.

If this is posted twice, I'm sorry. Everything is tethered through the cell phone and isn't quite as reliable as I'd like it to be.

Weather in Phoenix is perfect for working out. Planning a hike tomorrow and golf on Wednesday.

Our team is incredible. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have so much to be thankful for. I live such a blessed life.

I have a beautiful wife who keeps a great house/farm and shares in the raising of our 3 children. We live in a safe location full of opportunity. Our kids believe that the world is their oyster if they chose to work for it.

We are fortunate to have good friends (brutally strong athletes ha ha) near and far. We are able to share our victories with them and have a shoulder to lean on in the tough times.

So far, as a family, we have had the strength to overcome the challenges that have faced us.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    znb64wmvqigp.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS ON ANOTHER FIRST PLACE FINISH TEAM #1
    But it was a close one. Too close for comfort.
    We've lost a teammate, @ashleereign, so we are down a player.
    We will have to dig down super deep, do that extra 10 minutes a day on top of what you awesome folks already do, and get 100% on the Challenges!!
    I'M SO THANKFUL TO BE ON THIS TEAM WITH YOU WONDERFUL MATES!
    I LOVE SEEING YOUR POSTS! <3

LETS GET TO NEW YORK SOON! I WANT TO GO ON A CARRIAGE RIDE AND SEE A PLAY!
    WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE WANT TO DO WHEN WE GET THERE?
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @120maggie!
    bxpmxuzwozks.jpg

Beautiful family @TamiJo1004. Those kids are adorable. So glad they are healthy and you are all together.

Welcome back @wolvinnetje. I like your thankful message.

@Vowder - how great to be able to enjoy nice weather and a fun time with your friends, including a 5k! Great vacation!

I am thankful that even though the last few years have been really difficult and filled with loss, that I have gained some wonderful things as well. In the wake of losing my beloved dog Mojo of 10 years in August (two upper right pics in the collage below), I was fortunate to find a new furry soul to take in and love - Stella (with me in the middle and in bottomr row). I am so grateful that I had Mojo all those years and that she brought me so much happiness, and now I have Stella helping me heal from that loss. She has brought me so much joy.

I am thankful that I stumbled into a walk to run group last September and found a new goal and direction in my life. And not only that but so many new friends (some shown in the pics below). I am thankful that I have my health and was able to train for and complete two half marathons this fall. And that in August I was able to form a 5k team and be second place fundraiser for money to hopefully help cure the cancer that took my sister 2 years ago.

I am thankful that I will be able to travel to see my family this week and spend some time with them, as we don't see each other very often.

Thankful collage:

t4b6qgw529be.jpeg

• TamiJo1004
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I first thought that said 5 miles but read it again. Walked to grandmas for a pit stop then walking back.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I got 5 k walk around town with a 12 year old, 8 year old and pushing the toddler in his car/stroller( He is only 37 lbs) so I got some arm workout in too! . That gives me 20,000 steps for the day. Not too shabby for a day at home with no work. Did 1 set of rockette stretches!
    Let's make this a wonderful week!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @120maggie Happy Birthday!!!

@Vowder Sounds like you are enjoying Arizona! This is a good time of year to visit!

It looks like winter is finally arriving here :(
    Work is tough right now - lots going on, and a lot of kid behaviors that are just exhausting. But I'm doing my best to manage.

@hawkins410 - clarification on the challenge. You said "ALSO, IT SHOULD BE ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR NORMAL DAILY WALK/RUN" - so if I had 4 runs planned for the week, do I have to do another one to get credit for the challenge? I'm still working my way back from injury and trying to adhere to a structured and gradual increase each week. So to add another run, even if it's only 5k, when I am already building on last week's mileage - well it's just really not a good idea at this point.

I used to do a Thanksgiving day race, but there's just not enough time to get home and get ready and back on the road. However, the plan is to get up and do 6 or 7 miles early in the morning (though the weatherman is on TV right now talking about snow early Thursday morning :s ). I may try to sign up for a 5k or 10k over the weekend if there is one nearby and the weather is nice.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    znb64wmvqigp.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS ON ANOTHER FIRST PLACE FINISH TEAM #1
    But it was a close one. Too close for comfort.
    We've lost a teammate, @ashleereign, so we are down a player.
    We will have to dig down super deep, do that extra 10 minutes a day on top of what you awesome folks already do, and get 100% on the Challenges!!
    I'M SO THANKFUL TO BE ON THIS TEAM WITH YOU WONDERFUL MATES!
    I LOVE SEEING YOUR POSTS! <3

LETS GET TO NEW YORK SOON! I WANT TO GO ON A CARRIAGE RIDE AND SEE A PLAY!
    WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE WANT TO DO WHEN WE GET THERE?

We have an awesome team! We can do this!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Someday I'm going to really get to NYC for the parade. I need a partner in crime! Congrats, team, on another first place week! I am going to try to make a bigger contribution this week, and in the ones coming up - in anticipation of a busy holiday season full of cookies and birthday cake and meals in restaurants. I can't afford to put on any pounds, and should lose a solid ten, before we go on the cruise in January. I want my fancy new dresses to look decent!

I'm already singing Frank Sinatra tunes in my head!
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    Thankfulness Post: I'm so very grateful for the beauty of the earth: for the goldfinches that light on thistle, for mountain paths, the five deer I saw this morning on my way to work, the way fog sometimes ribbons in layers over the meadow in the early morning light, the wonderful icy quiet of snow blanketing everything. I'm thankful for my husband, who is the light of my life and boy of my dreams. I'm blessed by a body that works and four furry-faced babies. I'm thankful for my career in teaching and my students both now and former. But most of all I am grateful for life and the love we can all share.

I <3 this challenge, too!
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    Thankfulness Post: I'm so very grateful for the beauty of the earth: for the goldfinches that light on thistle, for mountain paths, the five deer I saw this morning on my way to work, the way fog sometimes ribbons in layers over the meadow in the early morning light, the wonderful icy quiet of snow blanketing everything. I'm thankful for my husband, who is the light of my life and boy of my dreams. I'm blessed by a body that works and four furry-faced babies. I'm thankful for my career in teaching and my students both now and former. But most of all I am grateful for life and the love we can all share.

I <3 this challenge, too!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    @hawkins410 - clarification on the challenge. You said "ALSO, IT SHOULD BE ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR NORMAL DAILY WALK/RUN" - so if I had 4 runs planned for the week, do I have to do another one to get credit for the challenge? I'm still working my way back from injury and trying to adhere to a structured and gradual increase each week. So to add another run, even if it's only 5k, when I am already building on last week's mileage - well it's just really not a good idea at this point.
    Your planned 4 runs are a recovery process whereby you are already increasing your running amount each week. So, a 4th run that was pre-planned is really no different than someone who signed up for a 5K before I posted this week's challenges. Therefore, your 4th run can count for this challenge. I WAS going to have us all dance like the Rockettes, but then I thought better of it. However, if you would like to do so, please feel free to substitute that for the stretching exercises...but only if you post a YouTube Video! :D
    BTW: I never got a chance to say how awesome your rope pictures were!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    iqic2hp1qlkj.jpg

I am thankful for my family most of all in my life. We've been through some struggles but we always end up together with so much love for each other. This past weekend proves that when you wonder how well you raised your kids it shows when they walk down the aisle and see all the happiness in their life. Also proves that the adolescent squabbles they have are soon forgotten when they grow up. Then there is all my fur babies that always bring so much joy to my life. Without them my house would be so empty and quiet. I am also very thankful for the day when I joined MFP and met such fantastic people. There are a few that mean so much to me. I've learned so much about myself through them. I am thankful for the fact that I have a job in an area where lots of businesses are closing and I see people struggling to find jobs that will help them support their families. I have a job that I can go to everyday. I am thankful for the opportunity I was given when I joined The Amazing Race. It has taken me to places I could only dream of going.