show us your meals or describe them!!

Options

Replies

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm not eating today so I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else is eating :p

And why aren't you eating today?? Are you doing an extended fast?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    I'm not eating today so I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else is eating :p

And why aren't you eating today?? Are you doing an extended fast?

Yes, I do it every Friday :)
  • KetoKaHee
    Options
    Impressive!! I like your style @brendagaudette
    So happy we met in this group!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    Impressive!! I like your style @brendagaudette
    So happy we met in this group!!

Thanks, I'm glad to have met you too :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Black bean burgers, egg, mushrooms and onion...
    and im ashamed to say this.... 6 pumpkin and flaxseed muffins...

2dliv30yz43k.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Well today wasn't the most healthy but I have 16,814 steps in so far today so maybe that will offset it some:

Had a scout function this morning - 3 glazed donuts and a glass of chocolate milk (I only do this on this occasion twice a year)

3 slices homemade wheat bread with butter and honey (why not after donuts right!)

2-slices of little ceasers pizza and about 1 1/2 cups of some leftover chicken and rice.

That's probably about 2000kcals I would guess.

That is it so far. I will eat something tonight. Today is my splurge day.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Well today wasn't the most healthy but I have 16,814 steps in so far today so maybe that will offset it some:

Had a scout function this morning - 3 glazed donuts and a glass of chocolate milk (I only do this on this occasion twice a year)

3 slices homemade wheat bread with butter and honey (why not after donuts right!)

2-slices of little ceasers pizza and about 1 1/2 cups of some leftover chicken and rice.

That's probably about 2000kcals I would guess.

That is it so far. I will eat something tonight. Today is my splurge day.

donuts <3

I love donuts with cinnamon and sugar!
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Salad with lettuce, onions, peppers, egg, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing...A pork chop and Popcorn :)wqwse69maaxo.jpgg7bbw63yebro.jpg
    n6wcowg1deta.jpg

• KetoKaHee
    Options
    That looks great!! Popcorn is such a fun snack!
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I cook 3 tablespoons of popcorn in 1 TBSP of coconut oil and 1 TBSP of butter, It is sooo yummy :p
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I made chocolate chip cookies for my husband and couldn't resist myself so I ate one :p
    22jcexjayzmq.jpg
  • KetoKaHee
    Options
    Homemade warm cookies out of the oven...WOW!!!
  • AZIZAELLAZIZA
    AZIZAELLAZIZA Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is very early days for me, only day 3. As I mentioned in my blog entry after having BED since the age of 22, which is well over half my life, I can not be tied any longer to the body or food scale, weighing and measuring, counting and obsessing on each and every grain of rice that may be over my gram 'allotment '.

I am keeping it clean, easy and simple. Dinner is normally a large amount of vegetables ( yesterday was 2 small frozen bags of organic brussels sprouts ), a package of seitan, a teaspoon of EVOO, some organic crushed tomatoes all cooked together in one pot like a stew and then 2 large bowls of air popped popcorn. I have no idea if it was 1,200 or 1,700 calories, as long as I stop binging, recover from my sugar addiction and get out of the obese range.

@ 56 I am not having super high goals and expectations. Good enough will be good enough.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I can not be tied any longer to the body or food scale, weighing and measuring, counting and obsessing on each and every grain of rice that may be over my gram 'allotment '.

Bravo, I can't stand to measure either. I'm just eating as healthy as I know (with help from these wonderful folks), trying not to stuff myself at my OMAD, and letting the chips fall where they may. And so far I really like how they're falling.

I'm 56 too, and I don't want a program or a diet. I want a sustainable healthy lifestyle.

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    fun7xxxln5ck.jpg
    General Tao chicken and cauliflower with egg
  • blambo61
    edited March 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    It is very early days for me, only day 3. As I mentioned in my blog entry after having BED since the age of 22, which is well over half my life, I can not be tied any longer to the body or food scale, weighing and measuring, counting and obsessing on each and every grain of rice that may be over my gram 'allotment '.

I am keeping it clean, easy and simple. Dinner is normally a large amount of vegetables ( yesterday was 2 small frozen bags of organic brussels sprouts ), a package of seitan, a teaspoon of EVOO, some organic crushed tomatoes all cooked together in one pot like a stew and then 2 large bowls of air popped popcorn. I have no idea if it was 1,200 or 1,700 calories, as long as I stop binging, recover from my sugar addiction and get out of the obese range.

@ 56 I am not having super high goals and expectations. Good enough will be good enough.

I'm also in my 50th decade. I've been flirting along the periphery of OMAD for a year now. I've been on and I've been off.

One warning I would give is that OMAD is great if you stick with it consistently. I've noticed that when I go back to my binge eating (we have that in common) I get some alarming cardiac symptoms that I didn't have before OMAD. The arrhythmias even out when I'm back on OMAD but when I'm alternating between OMADing and binging it's no good and my body has warned me clearly.

Also the regain rate is astronomical when you stop fasting. It piles on at an amazingly quick speed if you binge regularly again. By going back and forth I'm now up to 258 lbs. Previously - by going on an off multi-meal-a-day eating plans - I'd never regain past the point of about 245 lbs. Fasting and failing has pushed me way past that set point.

I respect OMAD because it is very powerful and nothing to take lightly. It demands a commitment, especially when you're older and have a long history of abusing your body with food. Just putting that out there for those of you who can relate.

I wrote this elsewhere but thought it applicable:

I really feel that a big contributor to binging is when we push things too far. You may try for slower losses by upping your calories and also making sure you get in your protein and also your vitamin/mineral supps. I think low level exercise is important to. Even if it doesn't help you lose weight because you eat back the calories, you at least get to eat back the calories without it causing you problems. Also, I think a weekly mandatory splurge day could be important, it was for me. It relieved a lot of mental pressure of fasting all the time. You may consider those things if you were not doing them. People say weights are good for weight loss which may be true, but cardio is easier to see how many calories are burned and you can enjoy eating them back (while still having a deficit). Keep at it and you will get there but do what is sustainable. We can all sprint crazy fast but can we maintain that pace as far as we need to go? Probably not. This is a marathon and not a sprint. I got in about 1000-cals today of exercise. I can eat up to 3000 cals today and not gain any weight. Anything below that, I'm guaranteed to lose weight. That is sustainable for me. I like to think in those terms and just go for a little under what I know will guarantee me some lose.

We must also have a transition plan (do 16:8 or something - very easy after doing OMAD). I gained 10-lbs back twice since starting this diet but each time I determined to get it off and have been fairly successful doing so. I think the biggest problem for most is too little calories and then burnout. I do think that our metabolism will slow on OMAD or any other calorie restricted diet if we never have a splurge day and if we eat too little. That is why I think the exercise is so important also. I think it revs up the metabolism and and if you go off diet for a little it won't be as bad.

Whatever we do has to be feasible but also sustainable or it's not going to work!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I made chocolate chip cookies for my husband and couldn't resist myself so I ate one :p
    22jcexjayzmq.jpg

That looks like a soft baked cookie. Not crispy at the edges. Just right for optimal deliciousness.

It's soft right out of the oven and gets crispy the longer it sits but that never happens :p
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat lunch or breakfast during the working week but today was an exception. 6mi6af95bdc5.jpg
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have been experimenting with a new diet - it based on choosing the most boring, yet nutritious and delicious food but really, really simple. I just steam a whole cauli and then add some cooked chicken. Then wizz it up with a stick mixer and add some spices for flavouring.

The idea is to make it as simple and boring as possible yet also make it nutritious and tasty. It looks like a thick wallpaper paste or like baby food! A thick porridge. I think that I have been obsessing about food and eating way too much. So this is to get me back to basics for a few days. I will see how it works out. I am a sucker for over-eating especially when there is an open buffet laid out in front of me with a lot of new items and a great deal of variety. This porridge paste is a kind of antidote to exotic food.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good luck! That spread does look good.