2017--This Year is Our Year!!!

Options

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,599 Member
    Options
    A day I don't have to go anywhere. What a treat! Just laundry and paperwork.

Wasn't thrilled with my turkey yesterday. I got one from the largest chain in the area from their own "natural" brand -supposed to have no additives, etc. PLUS it had a pop up thermometer (which never popped; good I have a meat thermometer). Back to Butterball for Christmas!

No interest at all in turkey from the cats.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    Maryanne--That is so funny!! I'm sorry but Midnight didn't get to view that channel here. I don't do turkey. My preference is ham.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I've always loved turkey. I like ham but won't go two steps out of my way for it.

Growing up, Thanksgiving and Christmas were turkey (often with a side of oysters of all things); New Year's was pig belly (which is FANTASTIC - essentially a pig belly filled with spiced sausage and diced potatoes; real PA Dutch); Easter was ham or chicken pot pie.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    ivhckgd5l5oe.png
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I'll eat the dressing but leave the turkey. Now, this one has a different idea:

b67znakdtikb.jpg
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - good one! I'm hoping to keep our Tuffy from looking quite that bad. He's up to 19 pounds.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    7fq50fqaiy6w.png
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--Yes, that would be one angry bird. Knowing Midnight, he probably would have run for cover at the turkey's first complaint.

My Black Friday purchase was this from Amazon as the reviews are good:Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B0418 Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike, Gray
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - using Black Friday to encourage yourself to exercise. Good job!!
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--That is so funny. You have a knack for finding good ones.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    s4jbjkxtplvn.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    ulreh631vj4j.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    I haven't had online access for days. BIL got a new modem and didn't have the security key on hand, I don't recall if I mentioned the bone infection he got after stepping on a board with a nail ticking out of it. He went to urgent care, got it cleaned out and got a tetanus shot. In spite of that, he developed a bone infection and needed surgery to clean it out. The doctor also found bit of bone chips and bits of metal from the nail. He was hospitalized several days and spent a month get IV antibiotics 3 time a day. They had to cancel a trip to CA for their granddaughter's birthday and planned to go out for Christmas. Thanksgiving night, he was in incredible pain and couldn't stop shaking. His daughter called 911 and an ambulance took him back to the same hospital. The doctor started IV antibiotic right away but it took 2 days to get an MRI because of short staffing (holiday leave). The infection was back so he had surgery again yesterday. The CA trip looks iffy since the antibiotic get shipped to him and has to be kept refrigerated. Can you imagine trying to do that on a 6 hour plane trip? He insisted that we keep our travel plans so we headed off to my brother in SC and arrived lat night after 2 days of driving. Thanksgiving itself was very nice before the health crisis.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Helene - that sounds awful! After Gordy's transplant, I had to ship his blood to Penn for testing. It had to be kept cold. Between styrofoam containers and ice packs and overnight shipping it was doable. I never admitted what I was shipping. Too much hassle. I bought styrofoam containers that came with cardboard outer boxes. But yes, I think he could keep his meds refrigerated. What I don't know is how much hassle the airline would be. I guess he'd have to ask.

I had a friend of a friend recently - who gets annual MRI's (she has MS) - who had to go at 11 pm on a Saturday night because they are so backed up. I think the moral to the story is doctors are ordering way too many MRIs.

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    the medication gets shipped to him from who knows where. he's doing it 3 time a day times the week or so they'd be gone. that's a minimum of 21 doses. I'm not sure how often he get a shipment. when they sent him home last time, he had a port that the medication gets infused in. He'd probably have to take at least one dose while traveling and he'd have to be concerned about sterility. I guess they'll figure out whether it's possible to go.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    i8ug6xy3wflr.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Excuse the language! Midnight and Jack can't read the caption.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    6axbjom8mms7.png