• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,601 Member
    Options
    ho0of7o93vjj.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    Maryanne--Love them, especially "Loading 95%."

I took Midnight to the vet today and he handled the travel better than usual.

When I went in, I first took in the box with Midnight's items, topped with his pet bed.

I then brought in Midnight at which time I discovered the beautiful clinic cats coming out to explore. I guess they caught a whiff of the treats and catnip because they jumped up on the counter, knocked the pet bed off the box and started after the treats and catnip mouse. The vet tech temporarily secured them until Midnight was housed and his stuff put up, but those cats looked and acted like they had discovered a cat's gold mine or something.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - that's too funny about the clinic cats! To the best of my knowledge my vet only has one and she's a biter so she isn't allowed into the public areas and I've never had to courage to try to pet her.

Have a great trip!!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip Jean. I hope the weather there i nice so you can explore the area in comfort.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip, Jean! I hope you’re able to see a lot of the beauty the Seattle area has to offer and enjoy some of the great seafood they have there.

I’m starting to prepare for our trip, as well. I’ve been gathering things that are recommended for making a cruise more comfortable, but I may have to pare that list down some or take another piece of luggage. That would send DH into a major tizzy, so I’d better figure out what are the most worthwhile items and ditch the rest, lol. I’ve already eliminated quite a few clothing items and reduced the number of shoes, so I’m hopeful I can get it down to a reasonable amount of things that won’t require too much space. The cruise is 15 nights and we are going from chilly San Francisco to warm Hawaii and back again, so the clothing is a challenge. And there are 3 formal dinners during the cruise, so that has to be factored in, too. Neither of us is interested in taking true formal wear, so we will improvise as best we can and if it’s not formal enough we will eat in one of their other dining venues on those nights.

Maryanne, I love the pictures you’ve been posting!
  • Helene610
    Options
    Little Black dress that you can wear twice to formal dinner. Dress it up with different accessories. I've always loved magazine feature where they take 5-6 items of clothes and change it up into multiple outfits. Maybe you can do that with your clothes to minimize what you take but look like you have different outfits. For example, a sundress perfect for Hawaii can be a jumper for SF by adding a blouse or turtleneck under the dress. It sound like a dream trip.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    fcn33sd79y99.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    4ip22cn6sh7d.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    26qjs629h8e6.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    02a3cqy3hme6.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    ouc2q1xgjnsg.png
  • Helene610
    Options
    Wow, it looks like the duck shrunk. I wondered why the Survivor links were duplicates. LOL
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Maryanne, that cartoon is so exactly my DH and me! In fact, I think we had that exact conversation today, minus the reference to collars, lol!

Helene, I am doing something similar to the LBD with different accessories. I’m taking a nice pair of black slacks, and several different tops that can be dressed up or down with jewelry, etc. I also have a dress made out of a very travel friendly knit that takes up very little room in the suitcase. I decided to use one of our sea days to do a bit of laundry so that I can reuse some items since I’ve read that there are self-service laundromats on every floor. Hopefully, that will allow me to leave a few more things at home. The clothes aren’t as big an issue at this point as all of the miscellaneous items that I’ve been gathering up to take. For example, a nightlight for the bathroom, flashlight, clothes pins, insulated tumbler, fleece throw (for sitting on our balcony while at sea), plug strip to increase the number of outlets available to us, and several other things I can’t remember at the moment. I need to sort through all of that and decide what is really worth taking and what can stay here. I’ve been ironing and prepping the clothes I’m taking, so at this point I just have a few more things to iron, and need to do a load or two of laundry so we have plenty of clean undies etc. to take.

Tomorrow we are attending a reception for our neighbor’s son who is getting married tonight. We weren’t invited to the wedding as we aren’t close friends of the family, but I still remember the chubby one year old he was when we first moved into this neighborhood. I thought it was very nice that they are holding a post wedding reception for friends who weren’t invited to the wedding. His father is a very successful custom home builder and his son chose to go into the business with him after graduating from college with an engineering degree. Their older son works in finance and their daughter is a teacher. It’s nice to see kids I’ve watched grow up doing well in life.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    95h0b58df4pr.png
  • Helene610
    Options
    I was watching Sunday Morning today and they had a story on the Book Thing of Baltimore. Maryanne, have you heard of it. A man has been giving away free books for 17 years. All the books are donated and volunteers work in the store. People can take as many books as they want. They had a devastating fire last year that destroyed the tore and stock. The community came forward to do fundraisers and donated more book. They recently reopened in a warehouse. It was touching to see a the people coming in for books. Many people think everything i Internet and digital so it was heart warming to see people still value physical books.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Helene - funny but I just learned about that place a few weeks ago. We also have these little standalone boxes - sort of like big mailboxes - where people can drop off books for others and pick up any someone else has left.