2017--This Year is Our Year!!!

Options

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,599 Member
    Options
    They kept Jack overnight. We decided to do the procedure to open his nasal passages again. Last time we got a year out of it. They've warned me repeatedly not to expect the same. The next/last step is probably a consult with a surgeon about a nosectomy. Both to discuss whether it would help and what the pros/cons would be. Haven't mentioned that to DH. I know he'd be horrified.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    bkf7m79f8x9y.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    ob1j1fs5deht.png
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    Checking in from beautiful Maui, Hawaii! I’ve had no internet access all week and won’t after today, as well. It’s very expensive here on the ship, so we opted to only do one day to check in and handle some business before we get home a week from today. It’s been a nice cruise so far. Today is our last port until next Monday, when we will have 4 hours in Ensenada, Mexico before returning to San Francisco then home.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and safe travels Helene!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Hi, Pam! Glad you're having a good time!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    wrt22c82go5o.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I've been watching the CMA awards in fits and starts. Had to go look for the Keith Urban song: Apparently it's brand new.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/cmas-2017-keith-urban-responds-to-weinstein-scandal-with-powerful-cmas-performance-of-female/
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    I know you have wondered where I have been. I didn't check in during the trip and then when I returned, I went back to work. I was just too tired.

How was Seattle? Cooler than normal and the monsoon hit. We landed in rain about Noon Friday and when we left on Monday, it was still pouring the rain. They had horrible winds early Monday Morning with several thousands without power and roads blocked with trees. Umbrellas were of little help while we were there as the winds blew the rain sideways under the umbrellas. We did take our planned tours which were good but would have been much better if we did not have to worry about the rain, etc. I'm a big picture taker but I came back with one picture. For convenience and the weather, we ate at the IHop across the parking lot from the hotel. We just weren't venturing anywhere else.

This week we are off for Thanksgiving and deer season. I've been working around the house. I'm supposed to have a repair person come today, ruing a planned outing to the city. I have a hunch he won't show up
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I miss the big family event we always had on Thanksgiving but I admit I don't miss sitting in my grandmother's overheated house and trying to pretend interest in the parades and football games (neither will be on the television here). Of course I'd give about anything to sit around that dinner table with those people one more time!

What I really miss on Thanksgiving Day is Bandit. He'd start howling the minute the turkey went into the oven and not stop until he got some.

All our current cats will be very ho hum about the whole meat/poultry thing.

Indy sometimes acts excited about the smell of meat/poultry but she never actually wants to eat it. She wants her cat food! Strange little cat. I was a little later than usual getting up this morning and she came up to get me. Very rare for her to go upstairs. She's never been on a bed. No interest in the cat porch. We've only ever seen her up at a window twice.

I'll be off to feed the colonies shortly since Thursday is my day.

Then home to cook a turkey dinner for Bob and myself.

Saturday I'll drive to York (PA) to have dinner with my dad and one of my brothers (other brother has to work and sister has moved to Arizona).

That will be my third (and hopefully final) 100-mile round trip this week (first two were the trips to Fairfax VA with Jack).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Maryanne
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - sorry your trip was rained on so bad!! Nothing like a place living up to the jokes. Glad you're home safe and hope you're drying out.

Your schools are off a whole WEEK for Thanksgiving? Wow!

• mdubbs1
    Options
    fxs4tfiuj6mq.png
  • KonaKat
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Maryanne--The holidays are never the same once close family members are gone. I remember when the immediate family, cousins, etc. would get together. Now, they are gone and the remaining family is scattered across the country. Love the "Meow-flower."

0922a2rm26bp.gif
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Rain in Seattle and area? I still have a desktop alert set to Seattle weather. On the Sunday before we left, we did a tour of the wineries, the valleys, and the falls. It was so foggy you couldn't see Mt. Ranier but we did see Carnation and the valleys around it plus the major river that fed the falls. If the name Carnation sounds familiar, it is because that is the home of Carnation dairy products, etc. Today, the valley and its roads are flooded.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    jdzu6eoz28ng.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    hvjxwb51semj.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    g6rmvans5r9c.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    mm57tpqpa1gg.png
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--You have a great selection of cat tributes to Thanksgiving.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    This was how our late Bandit reacted:

1pftybs1j3ud.png