Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• sebastiansteinmann
    sebastiansteinmann Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So yesterdays bliss got crushed today.
    Gained back 4 of the 5 lbs.

From thinking this is almost too easy to it's impossible.

So now I just have to wait a couple of days to get the real trend.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @richarddavis196 - Looking forward to those results! Best of luck as you continue on.
    So yesterdays bliss got crushed today.
    Gained back 4 of the 5 lbs.

From thinking this is almost too easy to it's impossible.

So now I just have to wait a couple of days to get the real trend.

@sebastiansteinmann - It isn't possible for you have gained 4 pounds of fat overnight unless you consumed 14,000 calories OVER your maintenance calorie amount AND added in any activity calories. So, that has to be water weight fluctuations. SOOOO many things affect that. There was an athlete who tracked his water weight fluctuations over the course of a day. From the lowest weight that day (after a run, I think), to the highest (after a meal or something), the weight difference over the day was literally 20 pounds. If he can change that much within a day, it's very easy to understand that we can do that overnight. Most particularly of note is that used muscles tend to hold in water for repair and such. Took high a deficit, too low water or sodium consumption, so any factors... Look at your weight loss as a trend. For Apple OS, use the "Happy Scale" app....for Android, use the "Libra" app. They'll show that even with daily weigh ins if your overall trend is going down. Remember, too, that if you don't have a lot to lose, you can always lose inches even (or especially?) when not losing weight or even when gaining... @Sunny_Bunny_ has some great pictures... As does Staci of Nerd Fitness... www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/09/26/an-update-with-staci-our-powerlifting-superhero-plus-academy-scholarships/ Both show how she weight more and looked more fit due to body composition changes.

Pictures and measurements are CRUCIAL for keeping your sanity in check while the scale does it's crazy lying bouncing thing...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Finally bit the bullet and rode the scale after recovering for about a week from a lapse. Phew. I'm a couple pounds less than my January weight, which is what I was hoping I would be. I feared way worse maybe by 10 pounds or so...I am a grateful girl this morning, and back at it.
    So again, my actual number of pounds to lose til my final goal is still at 20-25.
    I set up that Libra scale app thing...thanks Knit!... and have picked a date of Sept. 11 as my goal date which is my Dad's bday. When I was a teenager we used to have weight loss contests and I usually won. I've been missing him, so I'm doing this to keep him close. Also, I want to win this one, and I think he would want that, too.
    On the spur of the moment last night, I went to a local music event which was so fun. Saw a few friends there as well and saw some bands I wouldn't ordinarily see. Danced some, and talked, and people watched. I'm getting better at going out alone, but it helps to know people in the community once you get out.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - I'm glad you're making some headway back the good direction... Sending all the hugs...I can't imagine what will happen when I lose my parents, as we all know will happen in time.. :'(
  • sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss yeah, I know. But still sucks.
    I'm using withings weight that gives med trends, but thanks for the tip.

Sucks that mfp don't give trends.
    Not really impressed with the progresstracking in mfp really.
  • havisham
    havisham Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all, the scales have been keeping my mood good, I have been trying to eat between 2-8pm and it feels pretty good. Trying new veggie recipes , loved the creamed spinach from ruled.me and cauliflower mash.and seem to be addicted to ketoconnect crispy thighs....keeping busy and somewhat active, I feel like I mess up when I get to physically active. So, focusing on eating habits for right now. Weigh in on Friday , hoping for some good news.
  • elize7
    Options
    Really liking the Libra weigh in app. Cant wait to see the trend feature over time. Also like that I can add comments when I add weight. Thanks again, Knit! I luv new toys!

Back in the purple on ketostix. Pretty much getting back in the swing again. Still catching up; but nevertheless downward scale movement. Cravings feel like they are diminishing.

Looking at my calendar I realize that I have a manageable amount of safe, varied, upcoming social events that make me feel less isolated than I've felt for 3 months, so that aspect of life is settling back down and might actually be more stable than it was before, because the events are more varied in type and levels of friendship.

I'll call it progress. Yay!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    That is fabulous, @elize7 ... I hated yet another place to log in my weight numbers, so I never got into Libra, much... Maybe I should try again since I know that the trends will probably help my perspective again...
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Really liking the Libra weigh in app. Cant wait to see the trend feature over time. Also like that I can add comments when I add weight. Thanks again, Knit! I luv new toys!

Back in the purple on ketostix. Pretty much getting back in the swing again. Still catching up; but nevertheless downward scale movement. Cravings feel like they are diminishing.

Looking at my calendar I realize that I have a manageable amount of safe, varied, upcoming social events that make me feel less isolated than I've felt for 3 months, so that aspect of life is settling back down and might actually be more stable than it was before, because the events are more varied in type and levels of friendship.

I'll call it progress. Yay!

What is the exact name of the libra app? I may try it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @4031isaiah "Libra" LOL
  • havisham
    havisham Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!! I am at a total loss of 8.6lbs for week #5 , down 1 lb since last week. I still need to get back to where I was last year to start in new territory, while losing the weight is great , I will feel a lot more excited when I get to some new numbers, which will be another 5 lbs! Half way there at this rate. I haven't set a goal weight yet, I have lost a total of 35 lbs in the last 3 years I think, it's been a slow and steady process. I have set small goals along the way because I'm way to anxious a person to set large, long term goals, I just feel it's impossible and get lost every time. Right now my goal is another 5 lbs. My BMI says I'm overweight right now , to get to the high end of a Normal BMI I need to lose about 27lbs from my current weight. Anyway, that's me for my weekly weigh in, hope everyone is having a good morning :)
  • sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    So, my steady decline is back, down another pound today. Got kinda depressed when I realized I'm back to the same weight as last Friday.

Hoping a good weekend will give me some progress. Got a wedding next week, not looking forward to the following week.
  • elize7
    Options
    Still in dark pink ketostix, and surprised again.. had a few drinks last night and that usually knocks me out. Down a wee bit more weight, and hoping after dance night tonite more tomorrow.
    Still feeling better than I have for awhile, and am hoping this is a continuing trend, not just a temporary boost.
    Next week is shaping up well: a good balance of work and social....is it safe to take a deep sigh of relief? Can things be looking up? I feel steady on the keto food plan and if I just minimize the alcohol damages, could I possibly be heading into a good patch? God, I hope so. It's been awhile.
    Have a great weekend pals!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    You and me both! I discovered Keto almost 2 years ago and never seemed to be able to get my head in the game. Every now and then I'd try again and one day about 2 months ago something clicked.

It's like the lights suddenly came on and things started to come together. I got into ketosis fairly quickly and have been consistent since. That was an accomplishment but I'm doing this for weight loss so when the scale wasn't moving it was hard not to get discouraged and make myself keep going.

Then again, about a week or so ago, something clicked again and suddenly the scale started moving. Its moving slowly but it's moving! I feel lost or I might actually have turned a corner and my body is finally ready for weight loss!

I sure hope I'm right!!!

We can do this!
  • elize7
    Options
    Yes we can, Christy. ( i think that is your realname Isaiah?)
    Still on plan, holding tuff. I am going to do it this time. I feel it in my bones.
    Really I get that click thing. And I even gave myself a realistic timeframe. In the fall, I'm going to be totally reinvented. Better and stronger for the wear and tear of this winter and Spring. It's going rock!
    And I'm gonna have fun all along the way.
    That is my promise to myself.
  • 4031isaiah
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes. My name is Christie. My username is actually a bible verse. Isaiah 40:31. It says: "I will run and not grow weary, walk and not faint". I picked it when I was starting up the couch to 5k. After I lose a bit more weight, I may consider trying again.

As for your plan, it's a good one. I promised myself when I started that I would make a solid effort no matter what for 3 months. July 1 is my deadline and it's a good thing I made that no-matter-what commitment because I'm sure I would have quit long ago when I wasn't seeing results.

• elize7
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Still in ketosis, but even though I was spot on food wise, I gained 1.2lbs. Thankfully, the trend feature on my new toy, the Libra weight tracking app, shows I'm down a tenth of a pound. I guess that's better than nothing. The body vs the scale. Good news is that this does motivate me!
    Have a busy varied week coming up, and so the rest of this weekend will be dedicated to totally indulgent rest and relaxation. Ahhhh.
  • sebastiansteinmann
    Options
    @elize7 the app can sync with withings and Google fit. Just imported 5 years of measurements!
  • elize7
    Options
    Preparing for Sat night at home alone. Arrgh. I have tv shows and projects picked out, but am willing to go to bed before sabotaging a perfect keto day.
    Did almost nothing all day long except spend money I dont really want to spend online.
    Also ran an errand to stock up on sale items that actually will save money over time, but for now, I'm just leaking funds. I'm noticing that making irresponsible money moves is my current food replacement tactic. Not good, might have to find another outlet pronto.
    Tomorrow is movie night. At least I'll be with humans for a couple hours..