TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @grandmajackie I am so glad I am feeling better as well. Last night was adult skate night. So much fun, there was a guy there who was 71 still skating. Yes I said that right. There were probably 5-10 people there that were in their late 50’s or older. Oh my gosh I want that puppy!

I love the idea of a team name, any suggestions?

@scrapbookingtm Great job in getting part of your walk done, and stairs for 45 minutes? You are my hero.

@starjam25 I love that you beat the rain. I love it too, as long as it is a warm rain, or I am inside. 3.5 hours is a great hike. I am going to try and start getting in some actual hiking this summer.

@trkyvic0327 Glad you are feeling a little better, migraines are hard to deal with. A plan for your challenges? Good job. I have been doing my outside walk by pieces. I have finally completed.

@belle_60 Great job with all that work! Yes please don’t forget to log your time.

It looks like sexy sixers is gaining some steam for our team name. Does anyone want to propose something different? As of right now we are in 3rd place! What a great effort everyone! Keep up the fantastic work!

I had a great day full of a ton of exercise. I ran for almost 30 minutes, walked for almost an hour and a half, then went roller skating for two and a half hours. Holy heck is my body sore. I had so much fun though. The BF and I are going to try and make adult skate a weekly thing for us. I really need to work on my balance. How does one go about getting better balance? Made 2nd day of under calories. Just 3 more days to go. I tried doing videos last night, but no internet. Looks like it will have to be tonight or this weekend.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Like the name of a team but must say I certainly don't look or feel sexy!! :D To throw in another choice. although I am not at all creative, how about SixPack
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Roller skating, @jdelaroy ?! That sounds like so much fun! I love to roller skate! I can imagine the older people skating like pros. I remember my papa could skate backwards and looked like an ice skater out on roller blades when he could still skate. :smile: I imagine all older people skating like him. Lol!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Like the name of a team but must say I certainly don't look or feel sexy!! :D To throw in another choice. although I am not at all creative, how about SixPack

I would love to feel and look sexy again.. while I agree with you Rigibann ... sexy sixers might be something to aspire too!?!

I will get on the ball and do those videos today and log my updated mins. @jdelaroy Yayyy for 3rd place!

Happy Friday :)<3:)
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Just wanted to say how thankful I am for this challenge! When I felt badly on Weds, normally I would have let that "rest" stretch out longer than needed, probably the whole week. But, this challenge made me get off my behind and see how my body was really feeling.(Don't worry, I haven't been unsafe or anything, still listening to my body to make sure I don't hurt myself)

But, this challenge got me back up and moving as soon as possible instead of just saying in my head "Oh, I'll just start again next week."

I am so glad I got back to movin' and groovin'!

Hope y'all are listening to your bodies this week and not your mind that maybe wants to give up some days. I know, mine does!

ah33ptp7bup7.png
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday at all, I woke up dizzy and had a migraine all day, so I spent the majority of the day laying down and drinking water. By the time I felt up to moving around, I had to school my daughter before her brain stopped functioning. I was really proud of her for being able to school in the evening though. It's not our usual routine, but she worked hard like a champ!

I had to get organized today and wrote down all the challenges that I have left to complete this week for both of my challenge groups(Amazing Race and Ilvermorny). So, now I have a plan to get it all done before this week is out! Feels good to get organized, but I am not looking forward to walking outside! Lol! It's so cold, but I'm going to do it, because really 3.1 miles isn't that far and I used to live in upstate New York where winters were 10 times worse than they are here in southwestern Ohio. So, I know I won't die. Lol! Sorry this is so wordy and long.

Hope y'all are having a great Thursday! Love all the communication and participation we have on our team! :smiley:

I hope your feeling better today!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    if46o69rt6m6.png

@GrandmaJackie I enjoyed your puppy post so much .. here is my contribution.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not very social this week - I prepare income taxes for a living and I've gotten very busy starting this week!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,237 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finally had the builders in my flat, to deal with the water damage from last spring (oh yeah, talk about incompetent building management). They were competent (nice change), but demolished much larger parts of the drywall than I anticipated. Now I have three different drying units standing around and making noise, several holes in the floor and some walls with only the upper part still standing (or hanging, since it is sheetrock).
    On one hand I am glad that finally something is done to get rid of the damage, on the other hand partly living in a construction site is not much fun.
    I will probably have long gym sessions this weekend, because the noise of the machines is driving my crazy.
  • LongaVitaSana
    LongaVitaSana Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I 'm so glad I joined this challenge too. This week I have stuck to my calorie goals and today will be the 5th day under 1450 so I can add the points to the challenge spreadsheet tomorrow. That challenge has been so good for me. I really needed to focus on calories.

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    The weather warmed up a good 15 degrees so I got my "hike" in.
  • Tiffany7711
    Tiffany7711 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @TrkyVic0327 I agree with you! I got a bad cold this week but I kept pushing through on the workouts (which I would have never done without this challenge) and I found out I feel better after I workout even when I am not feeling the greatest. I needed that extra push and desire to make our team successful to keep me going.
  • Tiffany7711
    Tiffany7711 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like the name Sixpack too.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,301 Member
    Options
    I like the name Sixpack too.

It looks like "Sixpack 6" is the favorite, it's kind of catchy name. We're hanging on to 3 place, outstanding job, everyone!!!!!!

Today's we're celebrating my granddaughters 2nd birthday. So lots of playtime with the grandkids today. Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!!

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,301 Member
    Options
    ez5q1lh66t9v.jpg

I've found six pack for us, lol. Kind of young for me though, lol
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Oh, I really like the Sixpack name too!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Like it Jackie - age doesn't matter, good to look lol
  • azsundancer
    Options
    ez5q1lh66t9v.jpg

I've found six pack for us, lol. Kind of young for me though, lol

L0L!!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Sixpack sounds great!!

I did the videos yesterday.. 19 mins. My favorite was the 2nd one. Woooo- la- la- la.
  • azsundancer
    edited February 2017
    Options
    cd2btq88nwlh.png

Not sure if I posted this here? Lets keep moving forward ---->>>