TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm heading out to the gym, the Stair Master will be my first workout! We can do this Sixpack Six!!!! Love your suggestion Vicki, goo goo!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenges this week. Climbing stairs is one of my favorite exercises! I will have it finished today!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Stairs are tough for me... I had better start as soon as I get home tonight because it'll take me quite some time to get all those in!!

Hope everyone has a great week... this week we will be #1! Let's go Sixpack!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie I wish I could do the stairs at the gym. I am just not coordinated enough. I will have to break the stairs down (this is always one of the hardest challenges for me to do) but I am so glad that they are a challenge. I have gotten better at them.

Just ran for 30 minutes. A month ago I could barely run 3-4 minutes without stopping. Maybe this Saturday I will see if I can go longer. (only get 30 minutes for lunch)

Plan on doing stairs and walking later today.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    If my BF wasn't working so much I would have him take me to the Red Rocks Amphitheater for the stairs. Is is one of the greatest places for concerts and open to the public when there is no events scheduled. The running of the stairs (380 of them) is a thing in CO.

Amazing place! I've been there twice. Gorgeous!
  • starjam25
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie I wish I could do the stairs at the gym. I am just not coordinated enough. I will have to break the stairs down (this is always one of the hardest challenges for me to do) but I am so glad that they are a challenge. I have gotten better at them.

Just ran for 30 minutes. A month ago I could barely run 3-4 minutes without stopping. Maybe this Saturday I will see if I can go longer. (only get 30 minutes for lunch)

Plan on doing stairs and walking later today.

@jdelaroy Great job on running 30 minutes at one run, I think that's pretty amazing!! and in 1 month, that is a NSV worth bragging about!

I used to do some running, but not able to now. I loved using the app Zombies Run! Nothing will get you running quicker then hearing breathing behind you, getting closer and closer! haha!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    So totally off any important topic.... Can I ask you guys a question.....

I have a dear friend and she loves giving gifts! Most of the times I really enjoy her gifts but she loves giving scented soaps, hand creams, bath gels... and all kinds of stuff like that. I like them but I don't hardly use them. I looked at my stash over the weekend and I have enough of that stuff to last me years!

So.... do I ask her not to give them to me (nicely, of course) ... or do I just let it go because she enjoys giving so much? What do you all think????
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @starjam25 I can understand the dilemma. If her feelings wouldn't be hurt, ask her kindly to stop. If you think it would hurt her feelings, accept them and donate what you won't use to a women, or homeless shelter.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    This is ~ OUR... week!!! I am way excited about this week's challenges! Lets give them a run for their money. :)B):)B):)B)
  • starjam25
    Options
    stair challenge done! 1339 (breathing heavily) now to check out the balance video.

@scrapbookingtm Oh my!! Great job getting all those stairs done already! I'm breathing hard just reading this!
  • starjam25
    Options
    @starjam25 I can understand the dilemma. If her feelings wouldn't be hurt, ask her kindly to stop. If you think it would hurt her feelings, accept them and donate what you won't use to a women, or homeless shelter.

@jdelaroy great suggestion. Maybe I'll look into a women's shelter. I'm sure they would love such things! That would be a win win.....
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options

I totally agree with that!

I was able to complete 1/2 the stairs this morning but plan on hitting the gym tonight. I need to get the challenge complete early since Friday, I'll be babysitting my grandkids. The videos I'll start tonigh or tomorrow. Let's make this week happen, :)
  • starjam25
    Options
    Yep, just as I thought.... I walked on the stairmaster for 7 mins at 45 steps per minute.... And I was done! I guess that's why they call it a challenge!
  • starjam25
    Options

0w4zf5no7ft7.jpg

Let's make this happen WE CAN do this!

I love love love it!!! That was me just a few minutes ago! hahaha!
  • Tiffany7711
    Tiffany7711 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! I haven't added stairs into my routine in a long time. Australia looks beautiful!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to start my stairs tonight
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    I'm definitely going to start my stairs tonight

Thinking I might also?

Great job today Team!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Yep, just as I thought.... I walked on the stairmaster for 7 mins at 45 steps per minute.... And I was done! I guess that's why they call it a challenge!

lol the first time I read this I thought you meant you finished the challenge in 7 min! :wink: That is a good start. Keep it up.