TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to know too. I agree with Vicki 100 % but I'm not the one in charge of this challenge. I know I've read in OTHER threads, some people count the mins in preparation for a work. I don't personally do that since, its NOT part of the workout.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @trckyvic0327 I like the way you put it. One of the biggest rules of thumb is if we were tied and you would let someone on the other team count it towards their minutes than you can count it.

Holy heck I finished the video one time, I am sweating like crazy, and I have no balance. Funny part I was just asking in a different thread how to increase my balance. I have marked it as a fav so I can work on this.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies ..I totally agree with you @TrkyVic0327!! I couldn't of said it better.

This is what @Hawkins410 said "SO, with your truck...it sounds like a big job and also outside of your usual daily housework/yard work routine. So I would say count the time you are actively at it, scrubbing, drying, etc."
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Todays workout .. Yard clean up and filling in holes in our lawn carring around a shovel and 5 gallon bucket 1/2 full of dirt - 1/3 full as I went. Those challenge steps got me yesterday.. my legs were tired. 86 mins.

• Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    So totally off any important topic.... Can I ask you guys a question.....

I have a dear friend and she loves giving gifts! Most of the times I really enjoy her gifts but she loves giving scented soaps, hand creams, bath gels... and all kinds of stuff like that. I like them but I don't hardly use them. I looked at my stash over the weekend and I have enough of that stuff to last me years!

So.... do I ask her not to give them to me (nicely, of course) ... or do I just let it go because she enjoys giving so much? What do you all think????

Do you like donating? There are many organizations that could use those items. Even your local school may have a use for new, unopened items. Our local schools use those items in fundraiser baskets, and in the student "good behavior store" at Christmas time so the kids can "buy" presents. We are a high low income district.

Homeless shelters and women in transition housing would love those items. I used to donate jars of baby food and diapers to our local shelter for abused women/children.

If donating doesn't work for you, and you are comfortable talking to her, then have the conversation.
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize my balance was so pathetic! I will be doing to exercises more than twice!

I'm working on my stairs... with all the rain my walking group has been meeting at the mall so lots of stair opportunities. Great job six packers on your commitment to these challenges.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @TrkyVic0327 I copied your alphabet workout and forwarded it to my sons who challenged each other to do it using their full first name, middle name and last name! The short version of their names are Zack and Max! Then when I checked their progress today Max said he was going to do it but didn't know what a burpee was!! This is a 24 year old who lives on his phone so I sent him a YouTube video! Maybe they over committed! But they can't let their 61 year old mom outdo them!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @TrkyVic0327 I copied your alphabet workout and forwarded it to my sons who challenged each other to do it using their full first name, middle name and last name! The short version of their names are Zack and Max! Then when I checked their progress today Max said he was going to do it but didn't know what a burpee was!! This is a 24 year old who lives on his phone so I sent him a YouTube video! Maybe they over committed! But they can't let their 61 year old mom outdo them!!!

I love that, THEIR mom WILL out do them for sure. I tell my 28 ear old and 30 year old kid, they need to keep up with me, lol.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »

That is FANTASTIC! :lol: I have never met someone who didn't know what a burpee was! It's awesome that you can still teach them a thing or two! :wink:

I am planning on doing my first and last name of the workout probably tomorrow. I'm hoping I haven't over committed myself! I'll probably do my first name and then see how I'm feeling, if I can push myself, I'll do the last name too! :smiley:
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    videos done.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Week 3

Challenge 1 1148 /1332 steps

Challenge 2 FB video 1/2
    Goodness that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Looking forward to repeating it tomorrow and maybe more this week just for the balance.

Challenge 3 Under cals 3/5 days

Total mins/ miles

Monday 182

Tuesday 112

Wednesday 119

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

* Did I log in my mins/ points for M x T x W x TH_, F_, S_, S_
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Week 3

Challenge 2 FB video 1/2
    This video was a lot harder than I thought! Very good workout! I am looking forward to repeating it tomorrow and maybe even again just for the balance.

Total mins/ miles

Monday 182

Tuesday 112

Wednesday 119

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

* Did I log in my mins/ points for M x T x W x T_, F_, S_, S_
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Week 3

Challenge 2 FB video 1/2
    This video was a lot harder than I thought! Very good workout! I am looking forward to repeating it tomorrow and maybe even again just for the balance.

Total mins/ miles

Monday 182

Tuesday 112

Wednesday 119

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

• TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Week 3

Challenge 2 FB video 1/2

Total mins/ miles

Monday 182

Tuesday 112

Wednesday 119

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

• TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Week 3

Challenge 2 FB video 1/2
    That was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Good workout! Looking forward to repeating it tomorrow and maybe more for the balance.

Total mins/ miles

Monday 182

Tuesday 112

Wednesday 119

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

• PhedraJD
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @trkyvic0327 I love the screaming calorie idea. I am going to try picturing little screams from my body as I am exercising today. That would be kind of disturbing at the same time. Could you just imagine being at the gym and everyone’s body is screaming?

@grandmajackie I am sure you found an awesome way to get your minutes in. You always do such a great job. How are you enjoying the hubby being unretired?

@tiffany7711 Great job on the videos!

@belle_60 Thank you for sharing the information with us, and double checking. Want to come wash my van for me?

@rachelerik I had the same problem when I did the video too. I have book marked the page and want to try and do it 5 times a week for a month or two. This should help with my roller skating too. Great job working on the stairs.

@lennoncpa You are doing a fantastic job, I bet you show your kids up. I had forgotten what a burpee was. No way can I do one of them right now.

@scrapbookingtm Great job!

@candacel50, and MZhill08 Please check in! There is no time marked on the spreadsheet for three days, haven’t seen a post or received a message. If you aren’t continuing the race with us please let me know so I can find a replacement. If you are let me know as well, so I don’t accidentally replace you.

Yesterday, I had a pretty darn good day. I got my minutes in, went to go do stairs yesterday at lunch, it was way too windy, so I opted to run in the warehouse (No stairs in there) will have to work on stairs either today or tomorrow. Was under my calories for day 2 of 5, and I did the video once. If anyone could have seen me they would have laughed at how wobbly I am.

Keep doing such a fantastic job! Remember 0’s if you have no time, get those challenges marked and have a happy, healthy and great day!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @MzHill08 Please check in! There is no time marked on the spreadsheet for three days, haven’t seen a post or received a message. If you aren’t continuing the race with us please let me know so I can find a replacement. If you are let me know as well, so I don’t accidentally replace you. Sorry forgot the tag for your name in the above post.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    So, I totally didn't mean to post that update so many times! Lol! :lol: sorry about that! I thought it wasn't going through and didn't see the "your post will appear after being approved" after the 5th time! I just assumed MFP was being glitchy and deleting my post on me, because it has done that to me before. :blush:
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    @jdelaroy That would be disturbing if you could hear everyone's calories screaming! It made me think of the adipose episode of Doctor Who. Can you imagine all those little guys screaming?!
    v9th2scycv86.gif
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @TrkyVic0327 Believe it or not I have never watched Doctor Who, but those guys are adorable. If they were screaming it would break my heart or drive me insane.