bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 lol yeah no more muffin thanks
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    @LizinLowell That looks like way more than 20 lbs! You look great. :)

@Gallowmere1984 That is not fluffy! Unless you mean the hair. ;) You look great! The hard work has really paid off. You should put a before picture in here to impress the newer members with!

@Steph_Maks Oh my goodness!You are half gone! What a job. Congratulations! You look lovely!

@eneild Wow. You look fantastic. You'll be the smallest one in group photos now!

@CRZYFTM Great work! With a belly that flat, your liver should be MUCH happier. :)

My definition of fluffy is wildly divergent from most people. My bulks normally end as soon as my abs fade out completely, but this time it's based purely on scale weight, due to needing to be able to scale in below 74kg for my meets.

Before picture in 2013 (was at 231, so not my heaviest which was 265, but the first time I let a camera catch me shirtless for progress):
    2k9od9iyo4q0.jpg
    After my last cut ended:
    bvjkfvowpfa9.jpg

From Flobadob to whatajob!!

Thank ya. One thing that these pictures have highlighted for me that I will never be able to not notice again: my navel is totally off center to the right.

Or to the left...? No matter. A displaced navel is a sign of an inquisitive nature.
    It says so in my Book of Majick.....
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    bluets2011 wrote: »
    My first month :-) zfep65hx3xl2.jpeg

Love the duvet cover! :p

Looking very good - ! Great progress!!
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You're all such an inspiration! I'm on day 3 of being back to LCHF, and am in the throes of sugar-withdrawal exhaustion... so it's wonderful to see these pix as a motivational boost!!!! *applause*
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 Is the RFL you're referring to from Lyle McDonald? I've been looking into that! Let us know how it goes!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 Is the RFL you're referring to from Lyle McDonald? I've been looking into that! Let us know how it goes!

It is, and this will be my third round of it. It gets fantastic results, but you need to run high intensity resistance training (85+% 1RM) in tandem with it, to stave off loss of LBM entirely.

My last run, I clipped 13 pounds in two weeks. Went from 181 at the start, to 165 after eleven days of cutting, and a two day carb refeed (750g day one, 300g day two) to replenish glycogen stores brought me back to 168.

I only recommend it for people who meet two criteria. First, iron will. Seriously, if you binge halfway through, you are *kitten*. Your body is so primed to put on fat that it's not even funny. Second, the ability to unquestioningly follow instructions. You don't get to "make an adjustment" or do your own thing. You follow the protocol as written, or you don't use the diet, period.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 How low were your calories? Can you do keto/low carb while implementing RFL? Also, when you stopped RFL, how much weight did you gain back?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 How low were your calories? Can you do keto/low carb while implementing RFL? Also, when you stopped RFL, how much weight did you gain back?

1: it's actually based off of grams of protein per pound LBM. When I was Cat 2 (over 15% BF, but below 20%), they were set at right around 165g per day. Once I threw in EFAs from fish oil, and trace carbs and fats from protein sources, it came out to be around 875-900 kcals per day. Now that I am Cat 1 (I never let my bodyfat get that out of hand anymore, as you can tell from my picture), it's closer to 2g/pound LBM, so around 300g, which puts me at ~1250 per day once EFAs and tracers are in.

2: RFL IS ketogenic, just an extreme version where you are literally only giving your body what it needs to avoid breakdown in the short term. No carbs, no fats other than fish oil for EFAs. It's literally as close to pure protein as you can reasonably get. Everything else comes from supplemental forms (salt and nosalt for sodium and potassium, magnesium supps, multivitamin, calcium, etc.)

3: I only put three pounds back on from the refeed, then I spent two weeks slowly building kcals back up to find my new maintenance (jumped to 2000 per day, then increased by 250 per week until loss stopped completely). After that I slowly built back up to a surplus for intentional gaining to better support my powerlifting training. I ended up gaining an average of 0.4 pounds per week, on an average of 3175 kcals per day. Keep in mind that I am a 5'10" male, who weighed between 168 and 175 for that period.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You all are so awesome! This thread should be pinned. Tons of inspiration!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »
    You all are so awesome! This thread should be pinned. Tons of inspiration!

It's under Success Stories in the Open Discussions sticky. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10423197/open-threads-member-threads-on-low-carb-topics/p1?new=1