We should do another "Meativore May."

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    I'm only back on keto, Day Three, now, would fat adaptation be a requirement, or a certain length of time adjusting to ketosis again? May isn't that far off, I'm so intrigued by this.....I always was. It is already a struggle getting Bob off my back for not eating fruit..

I want to do this too. It would make the food elimination I'm doing dead simple. But I have 2 problems:
    1. Sjogren's (dry body syndrome). Ketosis makes my dryness shoot up to apocalyptic hell.
    2. My husband thinks he's the Veggie Police. And thinks I'm one step away from the the nuthouse as it is (about the food elimination) and would have me committed.

Otherwise, I'd be on this like stink on a skunk.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Edit: Not slow, you just don't know. We all didn't know once.

ten_thousand.png

Yeah CKD is [something] Kidney Disease.

There is no indication that protein causes kidney disease. If you have kidney disease, protein can become an issue.

Macro = macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs)

Usually people are talking about specific percentages or grams of each. I don't worry too much about them. Most meativore foods put you in the 65% fat and 35% protein to the 85% fat and 15% protein range. It naturally falls in a good spot. Carbs will be near 0% or effectively so.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I wasn't around earlier for that mess.

Anyway. I'm super excited for getting down to business in May. I've started back up doing 5x5 and looking forward to leaning out a bit just in time for my vacation which is now in June instead of July!
    I really only need to cut alcohol, very occasional stevia use and even more rare piece of dark chocolate to be fully carnivore.
    I think I'm going to focus on beef, probably ground beef cuz I need to be thrifty. Other meats and eggs will be here and there.
    I may try to track too just for curiosity sake.
    I wish I could buy some ketone blood strips to put that whole "too much protein" idea to rest! I couldn't possibly be more tired of that half assed argument.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Getting mentally prepared for this challenge! I know it will be delicious but that sugar monster is trying to pop out ONLY cuz I decided to do this challenge. I went to low carb mecca, Aldis and some great deals on meat, cheese, eggs .48 a doz, and hwc. Stocked up on the essentials and making a plan! :)

Great idea! I need to be a better planner. I need to check out my Aldi's and stock up!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I love Aldis! I wish I liked lamb cuz they had rack of lamb all gussied up and on sale..whole seasoned pork shoulder too. My plan is to ZC during the work week and keto level carbs on the weekend. I've been getting a little loosy goosy with my carbs and I want to reign it in. I'm so close to my goal but not there yet! :p
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    All this prep and I am being caught short of meat. I need to go shopping, but it's not in the budget until next week. Fortunately, I have a bunch of frozen goat in the deep freeze. Looks like it's going to be goat on goat action around here for a while.
  • genmon00
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Looks like it's going to be goat on goat action around here for a while.
    Lol "goat on goat"!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    ModHat On

Please move all discussion regarding the benefits of plants, vegetables, and fiber to a different thread. Those topics are off-topic here.

DARN! It took me way too long to peck my post out on the phone, so I missed your post. Sorry about that.

Do Lupins count as veg.....?)

How much are you consuming? Why? What are the benefits you're looking for?

It's a plant, but are you using it in amounts that count as seasoning?

:joy:
    I hadn't seen that one.
    Sorry, Goat, it's a Monty Python skit.

:lol: "Shut up! This is a hold up, not a botany lesson!"
    "So much for the lupins..."

All I could think of in 'opposition' to SPAM was "And now, the larch" - don't think I've ever seen the lupines one and I'm a big fan, lol.
    Oooops, sorry, off track....

Spam, spam, spam, spam.

• Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I need to get prepared, have been trying to get back on a majority meat for the last week or so, still having lots of cravings and fell off the wagon yesterday but if I am fully prepared with the right food in the house I will be fine - I am going to start zero carb fully from next weekend and take this week to reduce the carbage down and finish up the veggies I have in the house so that I am on track fully in time for the 1st May
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't complain if someone wanted to start a month-long group for this . . . Preferably soon because I'm starting Monday (early) . . . But, who am I to make demands? :) We could have check ins to stay accountable - weekly carb totals (aiming for low), weight loss (even if that's not the goal), ???. Just a thought...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    If it were a separate group for 'meativore May,' would it be a new group each month this is done? Wouldn't that be difficult to manage / maintain?

I know some don't plan to track calories, but I'm so close to goal and can't trust that I won't gain or maintain instead. I'll stick with animals, but just can't eat as much as I want. It might be worth a try to skip calorie restriction later... after I reach goal weight.
  • genmon00
    Options
    I was thinking just last night of having a group so we don't flood this one with threads and updates. Great minds think alike.

Yay now no more haterade!!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I was thinking just last night of having a group so we don't flood this one with threads and updates. Great minds think alike.

Yay now no more haterade!!

Yep. And I will clean up and repost a lot of the information in buried threads from here. So, it will be easier to find.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/120342-low-carber-carnivore-club

This is the group. It will be a long-term place for eating this way, but starts as a place to concentrate these threads. I will fill out the rest of the information, photos, etc. when I get home from my son's baseball game.

Edit: it is private, for obvious reasons that have been demonstrated in this thread.

\o/
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    ModHat On

Please move all discussion regarding the benefits of plants, vegetables, and fiber to a different thread. Those topics are off-topic here.

DARN! It took me way too long to peck my post out on the phone, so I missed your post. Sorry about that.

Do Lupins count as veg.....?)

How much are you consuming? Why? What are the benefits you're looking for?

It's a plant, but are you using it in amounts that count as seasoning?

:joy:
    I hadn't seen that one.
    Sorry, Goat, it's a Monty Python skit.

:lol: "Shut up! This is a hold up, not a botany lesson!"
    "So much for the lupins..."

All I could think of in 'opposition' to SPAM was "And now, the larch" - don't think I've ever seen the lupines one and I'm a big fan, lol.
    Oooops, sorry, off track....

Spam, spam, spam, spam.

For the last 30 years, I have been unable to walk past a larch without snickering... Or walking funny. ;)
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I have some of the stuff up. Going to throw together a "just starting tips" thread.