167891012»

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    the only good part about Hawaiian Plate Lunch. Just sayin' 2.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »
    If I only use the seeds from my jalapeños as seasoning instead of the whole peppers, is that acceptable? The taste of fresh from the garden peppers is just better than any sauces or seasoning.

I totally will allow a slice or two of jalapeno, although I cook with them and then don't eat the vegetable itself. I'll allow the seeds. Personally, cutting them up and soaking them (seeds and all) in vinegar makes a nice hot sauce that I can sprinkle on stuff.
    And just like that you've provided the answer I've read the last ~100 posts for. I'm gonna eat a *kitten* ton of eggs, but I'll be damned if I'm eating one egg ever without hot sauce on it.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »
    If I only use the seeds from my jalapeños as seasoning instead of the whole peppers, is that acceptable? The taste of fresh from the garden peppers is just better than any sauces or seasoning.

I totally will allow a slice or two of jalapeno, although I cook with them and then don't eat the vegetable itself. I'll allow the seeds. Personally, cutting them up and soaking them (seeds and all) in vinegar makes a nice hot sauce that I can sprinkle on stuff.
    And just like that you've provided the answer I've read the last ~100 posts for. I'm gonna eat a *kitten* ton of eggs, but I'll be damned if I'm eating one egg ever without hot sauce on it.

Hot sauce is fine. That is seasoning. I love hot sauce.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big day. Does everyone have their meat ready? Did everyone join the other group?
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am ready and raring to go - have already started and starting to feel better already
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to go as well! Fridge/freezer loaded up. A large pork shoulder ready to be slow roasted tomorrow until it starts to get a bit crispy to be served with a fried egg over the top-YUM! A great start to to great May!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    jfmp wrote: »
    Groceries and meal prep started yesterday - burgers and chicken thighs. I am also tossing a pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Prepping some sausage for breakfast (with eggs) for the week. I'm excited! I don't even think I need to go grocery shopping next week with what I threw in the freezer. That's awesome!!

Loving my "warm up" week this week. So glad I started cutting back substantially on chocolate and sweets and wiped stevia out of my life for good. Don't know why that messes me up so much, but it is in the garbage - and I never toss food. Didn't realize how tough it would be for me to quit sweets, but I am SO looking forward to - not dreading at all - that aspect of this.

That is a hard one! I'm the same way!
    I have been down to stevia use only a couple times a week in tea. Very minimal even and dang it's hard to just quit!!! And my dark chocolate habit... though it's so little at any given time and only a couple times a week, it's still a crutch! May is going to be hard-core!
    But it's going to be full of burgers, bacon and eggs which are my true favorite foods!
  • jfmp
    jfmp Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I almost didn't do this when I realized we couldn't have chocolate. I thought, "NO WAY!" But, it's a challenge and I like challenges. If I hadn't decided to do this, I'd still be eating sweets and stevia, regularly. And, if I had such a horrible reaction when I quit stevia, I can't imagine what it was doing to me and how much worse it would get over time. My hope (and someone mentioned this before) is to see (example) raspberries as a special treat in a month. What I am going to do about a sweetener? Not a clue. Hopefully won't care.

One thing that's funny - 4+ weeks on keto and I can't stand chocolate chips. Me!! Saying "yuck" to chocolate chips! Messed. Up.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    @eneild
    eneild wrote: »
    I'm ready to go as well! Fridge/freezer loaded up. A large pork shoulder ready to be slow roasted tomorrow until it starts to get a bit crispy to be served with a fried egg over the top-YUM! A great start to to great May!

Great minds think I like. I've had one roasting in the oven since early this morning. I looks and smells delicious!

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I started a few days early because I finished my perishable non-carnivore food. Feeling good. Just finished dividing my roast from the slow cooker into 4 of my lunches. I added some bacon for extra flavor. I have done that before and it worked well.

The hardest part so far has been no Diet Dr Pepper in the afternoon. I may start having some green tea as a replacement. I am abstaining from all sweeteners, so not sure if I will end up drinking this or not. I haven't had any unsweetened for a long time. I thought it was disgusting then, but that was back when most of my food had some sort of sweetener in it. I know my tastebuds have changed significantly so it might be ok.