Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Lol, not weird at all. Love the newborn smell :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    You're doing great!
  • wsandy8512
    Thank you. :)
  • wsandy8512
    It's absolutely killing me not to have a food scale or measuring tools here while helping out with my new granddaughter while at my son's and DIL's, but it is what it is. I think I'd rather spend money helping them out than buy a food scale, but they could use measuring stuff, I suppose. Lol. anyway, I haven't had a chance to do a bigger shop yet, so making due. I call this one "Overdone Burgers because I thought the baby was crying with grilled onions, cheese, avacado, and a whopping serving of mixed greens with ranch salad. Ate a bowl of yogurt w/peanut butter and an apple afterwards." Lol

I miss my daily smoothies!!! Anyway, just over calories at 1487, but that's okay. That's not an exact count because of not having what I need to weigh and measure. I have tried to go buy memory of typical size and portions.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Your posts get my political ire up! Everyone should have paid parental leave, affordable daycare, and a livable wage to begin with! Arrrgghh! However, this is not a political place, so I will just say how lucky your son and DIL are that you are available. Don't forget to "put your oxygen mask on first" as they say, before helping others or you'll be no good to anyone.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Your posts get my political ire up! Everyone should have paid parental leave, affordable daycare, and a livable wage to begin with! Arrrgghh! However, this is not a political place, so I will just say how lucky your son and DIL are that you are available. Don't forget to "put your oxygen mask on first" as they say, before helping others or you'll be no good to anyone.

I agree about the parental leave with pay, it sickens me that we don't have that. They are both caretakers, the irony. My husband was in the Navy when we had ours so it was never an issue. DIL's mom is a POS so she has no one and my son works double shifts. About the oxygen mask? Um, yeah, my son is on my *kitten* list right now because he didn't leave me out the car keys to make a store run this morning to get a coffee pot. Theirs broke and I am a coffee drinker. Coffee is my oxygen mask and without it, my sweet disposition flees me and left in its place a grumpy b*tch! If my granddaughter weren't in their room, I'd flip on the light and abruptly wake him--unfortunately my DIL, too. So, my grumpy self is just sitting here with a caffeine headache waiting for one of them to come out. Lolol

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    I feel the same way about coffee in the morning, @wsandy8512! I hope for your son's sake he got up sooner rather than later so you could buy the necessary provisions and implements.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That meal looks yummy :p
  • wsandy8512
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    I feel the same way about coffee in the morning, @wsandy8512! I hope for your son's sake he got up sooner rather than later so you could buy the necessary provisions and implements.

I had a massive headache from no coffee, but he got up around ten, I quickly ran to the store and I'm all good now. He worked a 22 hour shift so I took it easy on him. :)
  • wsandy8512
    @brendagaudette it was, even with my burgers over cooked. Lol
  • wsandy8512
    Beef stew with broccoli and cauliflower salad (bacon, onion, extra sharp cheddar cheese and dressing is mayo, cider vinegar and a little sugar). Normally I like my gravy thicker, but again, I am visiting son and they don't have some kitchen equipment. The fork didn't take out all the flour lumps like my whisk does so I went for thinner over thicker, it still tasted great! No idea how many calories and all. lol
    0qpgcloi3jpe.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Super yummy :p
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    That looks really good.
    They're really lucky to have you :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    That meal looks fantastic! I have to try that salad!
  • wsandy8512
    Thanks, Ladies!

@shans34, it truly is delicious. My sister hates broccoli and cauliflower but had seconds of this salad. In fact, my niece loved it so much that she helped me make it for a large group of people and she continues making it for her and her boyfriend. Really only about a tsp of sugar, I sort of do the mayo and vinegar by taste and consistency. You want the dressing creamy, not runny. For the salad above, I used a whole head of broccoli and half a head of cauliflower, 5 pieces of bacon, small sweet onion, and about 3-4 oz. of extra sharp cheddar cheese. It serves a lot of people. lol
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I think I need to try that salad too - a veggie version, of course. It looks like it would still be pretty good if I just removed the bacon.
  • wsandy8512
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I think I need to try that salad too - a veggie version, of course. It looks like it would still be pretty good if I just removed the bacon.

It is just as good without the bacon. I make it without for my octo-lavo vegetarian daughter, sometimes we add "fake'n", but it's not necessary. :)

• Brendalea69
    What does octo-lavo mean?
  • wsandy8512
    What does octo-lavo mean?

Eggs and dairy products. :-)

• Brendalea69
    Oh, Thanks :)