Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I didnt have my wrap, I guess I will have that tomorrow...I had Popcorn instead :p

I had 3 c-sections so I know how she feels, tell her congrats o:)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You blew right through 200!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @shans34 thank you
    @blambo61 it did seem to go quite fast. Lol. I will never revisit the 200s again! Yes, I am saying "never". :)
    @brendagaudette, I will definitely tell her and thank you. Haha, popcorn is a good thing!
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hooray, down another 2 pounds. :-)

Lunch was 2 of my homemade sloppy joes on 100% whole wheat tortillas, a huge salad with cherry tomatoes, 5 olives, extra sharp cheddar cheese, and my homemade honey mustard vinegarrette dressing. I had a cup of yogurt with peanut butter that I dipped a pink lady apple in, and also had 8 oz. of cantaloupe I bought a food scale and measuring tools to help the rest of my time here, worth it in my opinion and they were super cheap! Total calories 1335, I was completely satisfied. :-)

qnshdqerz3ch.png
    5dpsx7ch8ry5.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yummy...You can put so many different things in a wrap, I love it...Good loss this week: )
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That looks so delicious! Awesome loss! :smiley:
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That wrap does look delicious. I may do me a cheese steak wrap today.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Your weight is dropping so fast - awesome!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thanks so much. It'll probably slow down a bit more now since I'm close to exiting the obese range, but that's okay. :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yesterday, I originally planned my meal for a night out at Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend. I put everything in my diary to ensure I didn't go over calories. Well, I found out that there are no "naked wings", but rather "naked tenders". I did not go there to eat tenders. Instead of grabbing my phone to find another alternative, I decided to say, "Screw it!" I have been eating to create a deficit the past few days to prepare for last night. Special occasions are not regular for me and I didn't track the entire time in London. I relaxed and just stuck to OMAD, never getting miserably stuffed but staying pleasantly satisfied to allow room for drinks and snacks that always accompany drinking, lol. So, that's what I did last night! I had 2 mozzarella sticks dipped in sauce, 1/2 an order of the fried garlic mushrooms dipped in sauce, 2 traditional blazin' wings, and 3 habanero mango wings. That filled me up quite nicely and I had 3 big glasses of ice water... and lost a lot of mucous from my body with the wings coated in ghost pepper sauce. lolol

It felt good to let go for once. I didn't pig out, yet I enjoyed something I rarely have that wasn't very good for me and I feel great. Even better, I plugged in those numbers this morning and coupled with my pre-once-in-a-blue-moon meal dessert of yogurt with peanut butter and an apple earlier in the day to stave off the hunger from going way past my normal 23 hour fast, I ended with roughly 1183 calories, in total--roughly because some mushrooms were bigger than others and I did share them, had I eaten it entirely alone it would've been 640 calories. It's lower than I like, but I was honestly too full to finish my meal last night. Anyway, so that's that :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I wonder why they don't make naked wings, I mean wouldn't that be easy enough to do?!?!?! I'm glad you found something else and that you enjoyed them, even the hot ones :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I wonder why they don't make naked wings, I mean wouldn't that be easy enough to do?!?!?! I'm glad you found something else and that you enjoyed them, even the hot ones :p

I should've asked why they don't make them. Lol

Thank you, we had a great time. :)

• wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Had an amazing 6.4 mile hike with my friend today! I am so beat now. I drank water like a fish and am still thirsty. She made us lovely vegetarian Greek Salad Wraps with Hummus (Pinterest recipe under Wendy Polisi), as well as watermelon, and pre-made bottle of Margaritas along with the ice and margarita salt. I could only eat one wrap after the hike, along with loads of watermelon and 2 margaritas. When I got home I ate the other wrap, as well as my yogurt and peanut butter. Calories totaled 1439. However, I burned 1483--btw, my friend achieved similar results and she used Fitbit, whereas I had my Apple Watch. So, my RARE day of this sort of activity actually wiped out my food calories today and then some. I cannot any more food, I am too full!

Some pictures of our hike at Ocqueoc Falls in Michigan. I'm the one without sunglasses.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That looks like a very nice hike! That is a lot of fun to do. Congrats.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Um... A snake!? Yikes!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    It felt good to let go for once. I didn't pig out, yet I enjoyed something I rarely have that wasn't very good for me and I feel great.

Another reason OMAD is so cool - you actually CAN let go and not worry too much. A regular diet kind of stops all that - you go out and you can 1. eat hardly anything because you have only small number of calories left or 2. eat too much and feel super guilty about it - both options SUCK!

• wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    That looks like a very nice hike! That is a lot of fun to do. Congrats.

It truly was fun! I am feeling it this morning though. It's something I don't think I could've done 35 pounds ago (if current weights until tomorrow), that's for sure. :)

• wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Um... A snake!? Yikes!

Lol, yep, I was all prepared to haul *kitten* until I noticed it didn't have a rattle, no idea what kind of snake it was that we saw, I may try identifying it later today. I grew up in Northern Michigan, blissfully unaware that we have one venomous species of rattlesnake--until my mom posted a picture of one a few months back, she lived here until age 69 without ever having seen one, and the other day my DIL saw one that was rattling away at her friend's house. Eep!

• wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

Another reason OMAD is so cool - you actually CAN let go and not worry too much. A regular diet kind of stops all that - you go out and you can 1. eat hardly anything because you have only small number of calories left or 2. eat too much and feel super guilty about it - both options SUCK!

Exactly! Not to mention that if 1 happens enough, the diet because unsustainable because of the "this sucks" factor, and if 2 two happens, it's almost inevitably followed up with an "I can't do it" mentality that leads to blowing I the next day, the day after that, and then a long period of not doing anything at all.