Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazingly! You look beautiful!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Enjoyed these delicious Greek Wraps with Hummus for lunch today. I spread thick amounts of hummus on high fiber tortillas and filled them with slightly smashed chickpeas, red onions, kalamata olives, garlic, green leaf lettuce, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, and chia seeds. The dressing used is balsamic vinegar, olive oil and oregano. My daughter loved them as well. Mmm, mmm!

xz3wy06y9pkn.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    OMG, that looks AWESOME! My kind of veggie meal for sure... Only 12 hours until I eat! :|
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    They're very filling, too! My daughter has been a vegetarian for over six years, makes me extra happy when I find something new that she enjoys. :-)

BTW, you sound like me when I look at the OMAD meals others have. I've learned to avoid a few threads of those whose meals always look extra yummy until after I've eaten. haha
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Yeah, my problem is that it's so early here when everybody else is posting! I should save the meal pics until the evening that's for sure...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    LOL, good idea. I eat my meals usually between 10-11 am, though it typically changes to somewhere between 1-3pm when my hubby is back home from offshore. He grills a lot when he's home and that's too early for him as far as dinner. :-)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Wow, that's interesting... I'm really not sure when I'd eat if I didn't have to eat with someone else. Probably around 3 or 4pm as that's when I actually start to get hungry...
  • wsandy8512
    Options

minigrrll wrote: »
    Wow, that's interesting... I'm really not sure when I'd eat if I didn't have to eat with someone else. Probably around 3 or 4pm as that's when I actually start to get hungry...

My daughter has been staying with us for awhile while she and her hubby (he's been out of town for awhile but he'll be back soon) look for a place to rent. Sometimes I eat with her and other times I don't. If I'm too hungry to wait for my family, I eat anyway. Often my husband will make me an early meal just for me because he's just so darn awesome like that. :-)

• OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That wrap looks great! The filling reminds me of something I used to do once in a while when I did LC. I put olive tapenade on a Wasa cracker, top with parmesan and then put under the broiler for just a bit. Sounds odd but they were SO good. Drat, now I have to go get the stuff, lol.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Awwww, that's SO nice of him... Mine is not awesome like that and is pretty useless in the kitchen (not that I'm much better!) :).

My partner always has food (usually toast with peanut butter - go figure) as soon as he comes home from work at around 4pm so he's quite often not ready for dinner until much later than I am. He then goes and plays guitar and sings and drinks beer after that for a few hours. I'll usually give him a few bites of whatever I'm eating for dinner and then he fends for himself later.

My stepdaughter (16) mostly eats different food from us as she wants lots of chicken and also makes her lunches for school the next day. She often goes and plays piano and sings with her dad in the evenings (without the beer!). So we don't end up sitting around the dining room table and eating together too often anyway...
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @OMAD2017 ohhhh, that sounds good! If you make them, will you share a pic?
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @minigrrl both of our guys play guitar, that is so cool! Gotta love those guitarist types. :)

I'm glad you're able to enjoy your meals when you're ready. It makes OMAD a lot nicer. I cook for my family as well, and it doesn't bother me at all. Usually on Sundays we go to his moms for an early dinner so that works out nicely because it's usually before 3.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I saw a recipe on the My Fitness Pal blog for No-Bake Lemon Protein Bites. I modified it in four ways, though: (1) Replaced Vanilla Protein Powder with 9 TBSP of Chia Seeds and ground them in my Vitamix into a fine powder, (2) I used lemon extract instead of vanilla, (3) I didn't add salt, (4) call mine No-Bake Lemon, Chia Seed & Coconut Bites

They are pretty darn good, coming from my daughter and I, and great for a quick snack if you're headed to the gym or something. If you are looking for a sweet fix, these may not be your thing as they are only minimally sweet. Each one has 2g of protein. It's one gram of protein less than if I had used the powder and there are more calories. However, I wanted to try and make these using as many whole food ingredients as possible. owg592i451i2.jpg
    2gnzb7yu8f4n.png
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, it's rainy today and I have a no-bake treat bug up my *kitten*. After learning that you can make no-bake with coconut flour, I whipped up some peanut butter, chia seed and dark chocolate chip bites and rolled them in the coconut flakes. Omg, they're so good! However, I was in a hurry and just whipped them together without making a recipe or measuring. Lol.

The ingredients are Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter (I did measure that, 4TBSP), unsweetened vanilla almond milk (1/2 cup so I did measure this, too), 60% dark chocolate chips, chia seeds (not ground), vanilla extract, unsweetened coconut flakes, and 8 medjool dates.

Blended the milk, extract, peanut butter and dates in my Vitamix until thick and creamy, then transferred to a bowl. I stirred in the chips, chia seeds, and added coconut flour until mixture looked like I could hold it in my hand and roll. After rolling, I rolled the individual bites in the coconut flakes.
    tb6o91gf4prq.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My delicious but somewhat light on calorie meal because I was too lazy to measure out my last set of no-bake bites, lol. I had one of the lemon bites and 2 of the other. My meal below is 1 cup of jasmine rice with scrambled eggs (two), baby bella mushrooms, diced jalapeño peppers, and salsa.

Anyway, I did make a recipe for the peanut butter, chocolate chip, and chia seed bites and they came out to 176 calories each, but I'm erring on the side of higher calories because I didn't measure when making the batch in the previous post--although the calories contained in the recipe as I wrote out and submitted to the MFP data base is correct.

Sorry for all the posts today.
    2yqmrolw4zn5.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    My delicious but somewhat light on calorie meal because I was too lazy to measure out my last set of no-bake bites, lol. I had one of the lemon bites and 2 of the other. My meal below is 1 cup of jasmine rice with scrambled eggs (two), baby bella mushrooms, diced jalapeño peppers, and salsa.

Anyway, I did make a recipe for the peanut butter, chocolate chip, and chia seed bites and they came out to 176 calories each, but I'm erring on the side of higher calories because I didn't measure when making the batch in the previous post--although the calories contained in the recipe as I wrote out and submitted to the MFP data base is correct.

Sorry for all the posts today.
    2yqmrolw4zn5.jpg

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally LOVE all the posts <3 Also that meal looks delicious! When I'm in the mood for rice, WATCH OUT! LOL
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Aww, you're so sweet. It really was a nice meal. I love jasmine rice so much and find that eggs go really well with it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Aww, you're so sweet. It really was a nice meal. I love jasmine rice so much and find that eggs go really well with it.

Eggs are one of my very favorite foods - I'm so spoiled, one of the team leads at my work has chickens and brings me SUPER fresh eggs periodically...they are SPECTACULAR :#
  • alimk43
    alimk43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    those bites with the coconut flakes look delicious and not too sweet looking at the ingredients - yum:)