Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Sorry if I brought this stuff back up. I'm still trying to catch up after being gone for over a week and I've read through all the threads that had the least comments and this had more so just getting to it.

No worries, Bob! :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    @wsandy8512 read the article please, new research coming out has proven all those calorie formulas are complete bull$hit, 1900 cals for women and 2600 cals for men per day ..the end

The end is if weight is being lost or not. Not some limit that is going to vary per individual. I ate way past mfp predictions and lost more weight than it said I would. I think that was due to a higher BMR than was predicted and also for more subtle fasting reasons I believe. I counted cals for awhile but I don't now. I do estimate in my head but I will never weigh stuff, I don't have time for that.

If the scale goes up, cut back a little or shorten the eating window and little. Simple as that I think. Slow is good and you can't really argue with success.

Spot on regarding the end being if weight is lost or not. 3.6 pounds down in five days, I would say it's working :)

*Fingers crossed I didn't just jinx myself for my Friday weigh-in. Lol

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Oh Sandy sorry to hear about the "pins and needles" on your fingers... The fasting periods could be responsible in the past for your body being more able to cope with this condition?... I wonder myself... or else is there some food you are taking recently that could be aggravating it? or else something you are NOT taking which you did in the past and it helped? Maybe ACV?
    it does help with certain body pains...
    Hope you find the solution soon you are very resourceful!!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are still a non smoker your body is going to be detoxing from all those smoking years... your lungs will release chunks of stuff...someway or the other... there is going to be a regeneration of some of your organs affected by smoking such as lungs... (and connection in Chinese traditional Medicine Lungs and intestines...)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your hands and feet :(
    Is it better today?
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Mine do that sometimes but with me it's usually after I've walked or if it's really hot and muggy, hope it gets better soon o:)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh Sandy! How are you doing now? Is the tingling still there?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I was thinking Sandy - with the RA (and the swelling that often comes with it) I wonder if maybe nerves are getting pinched somewhere?

I have early onset osteoarthritis, so I feel your pain, it's no fun...keep us updated either way :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I hope you're better today, how are your hands and feet?
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Hey everyone, thank you all for being so sweet. It's gone away now. I'm still not sure what caused it. About the only thing I had that I don't have often is the half and half I used to make the mashed potatoes with, that may have been the trigger. All is well today, except I'm sweating like a stuck pig after mowing the lawn in 1000 degree heat plus humidity. A quick jump in the pool will take care of that, though. Lol

Btw, I do not know exactly what the issue is, but on the MFP homepage, and homepage only, I discovered that even when I don't where my Fitbit, if I have my phone on me when I exercise ior walk, that MFP is counting both my Apple Health and Fitbit App steps and such so it's doubling the burn on my homepage. . However, in my diary the correct calorie burn is listed. Think I'll be removing my Fitbit app. I only bought one because you can swim with it. May be time to go ahead and get the Apple Watch 2 series that my hubby encouraged me to buy. Loll
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Glad to hear It's gone away :) Hubby knows best!!! :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thank you all for being so sweet. It's gone away now. I'm still not sure what caused it. About the only thing I had that I don't have often is the half and half I used to make the mashed potatoes with, that may have been the trigger. All is well today, except I'm sweating like a stuck pig after mowing the lawn in 1000 degree heat plus humidity. A quick jump in the pool will take care of that, though. Lol

Btw, I do not know exactly what the issue is, but on the MFP homepage, and homepage only, I discovered that even when I don't where my Fitbit, if I have my phone on me when I exercise ior walk, that MFP is counting both my Apple Health and Fitbit App steps and such so it's doubling the burn on my homepage. . However, in my diary the correct calorie burn is listed. Think I'll be removing my Fitbit app. I only bought one because you can swim with it. May be time to go ahead and get the Apple Watch 2 series that my hubby encouraged me to buy. Loll

So happy it's goneeeeeeeee - I need to enact your summoning powers from Sarah's thread to keep it away :D:D:D
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Happy to read all is well again Sandy.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You all are just awesome! Thank you :-)
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Today is an OMAD day for me. My meal was awesome and the best part of it was what I like to call a thick and creamy orgasm in a glass--banana, strawberry, cacao chocolate, peanut butter, and avocado smoothie topped with chia seeds! The rest of the meal was quinoa with a 1 whole and 3 egg white scramble, baby spinach, mini peppers, a slice of cheese and onions. I also had some pistachios and 2 70% dark chocolate squares with it. I am stuffed! It was so good! 1vmq7z78p4im.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Orgasm In A Glass :D I would LOVE to try that :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @brendagaudette, perfect drink when I won't get any action for a month since the hubby is back offshore. Lolol

Seriously, the avocado makes it so thick and creamy. My Vitamix takes credit as well though :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    @brendagaudette, perfect drink when I won't get any action for a month since the hubby is back offshore. Lolol

Seriously, the avocado makes it so thick and creamy. My Vitamix takes credit as well though :)

:D

I still haven't tried avocados but this makes me want to :p
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options

You wouldn't even taste it. The banana and chocolate cover almost everything except the berries. A tsp of pure vanilla extract is an ice addition as well. :)

If you brave it, the avocado should be ripe--soft, not hard.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

WOMAN! Get ON it! Don't make me BRING you one :p