Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• crystalsuepuppy
    crystalsuepuppy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting my new Keto way of life tomorrow. I've got some kind of weird metabolic something or other going on and my doctor suggested this. My meals are all planned out for the next month and I'm prepping tonight for the next few days. Scared of the keto flu, but I'm hoping everything I've read will help me get through it without feeling like death!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Kendall thanks for the information on how to avoid the Keto flu!

Mary
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Okay.

Day One of the challenge went gangbusters. Under twenty carbs, within caloric range, burnt the heck out of some fat today...

So...just checking in. I took pictures in a pair of jeans I'd love to wear without a muffin top. :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @crystalsuepuppy You will get a lot of support here. It sounds like you are prepped and ready to go!

Lori you are doing fantastic! At the end of the challenge those pants will fit perfectly or maybe too big :D
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Day one macros.
    ge5662okrgbf.png
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    alright im in starting the Body trim idea today, which is inline with the Keto eating plan also.

goal to exercise 1 hour min per day.
    eat the least amount of carbs per day.

Ditching the grog is going to be the hard part, and the bread. but i lost 20kg once before with the BT and i want back to that body and Fitness level.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Marcelyn- great first day!

@ThinManRuning great plan! Glad you are joining us!

Karen - I'll have to check those out!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Wow, that picture posted WAY bigger than I thought it would. Guess I can't go direct from a screen shot.... I find very large pictures annoying... lol So sorry about that folks.
    Ditching the grog is going to be the hard part, and the bread.
    I've heard that the hardest for men to give up is their beer and for women it's their fruit. But I agree with you on bread. I'm looking high and low for a semi-palatable low-carb bread.

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Wow, that picture posted WAY bigger than I thought it would. Guess I can't go direct from a screen shot.... I find very large pictures annoying... lol So sorry about that folks.
    Ditching the grog is going to be the hard part, and the bread.
    I've heard that the hardest for men to give up is their beer and for women it's their fruit. But I agree with you on bread. I'm looking high and low for a semi-palatable low-carb bread.

Fruit, schmoot. It was hardest for me to give up cake. And donuts. And Ice cream. ;)
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It sounds odd but the hardest thing for me to give up is Coffee Mate Italian Cream creamer in my coffee. I have started the Bulletproof coffee but it will take getting use to it. It is quite the change but change is what my body needs. THANK YOU for all this info!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 2/28 Good morning everyone! It looks like everybody had a good start and or are getting ready and prepping for starting! It is nice to see people starting to interact with each other. It is by supporting and motivating each other that will also help us to be successful.

Suggestion for today- get to know each other and look for something that you are proud to have accomplished so far.

I will be gone most of the day today. My daughter-in-law hurt her back so I am going to go and clean house for her. That should rack up some exercise calories!

Make it a great day!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    My hardest thing to give up was Donuts! On my free day before the challenge I had four Donuts!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I am really liking all the tips for success! Thank you all!

I have been on MFP for awhile and never knew you could set your micro percentages .. somewhat.

So I played around with and I set mine at :

Carbs 20%
    Fat 65%
    Protein 15%

I am feeling great this morning, I down 2.6 lbs from yesterday. It has to be al the junk I have been eating lately!?! Whatever it is... it gives me incentive to continue.
  • Acheymakey
    Acheymakey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to start the challenge, perfect timing I'm on Day 1 so this is very much appreciated.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks @elize7 for letting me know about this.. I really do much better with a short term plan. Plus going to a wedding in 4 weeks. This works out great.
    CW 176
    Carb 20 ish
    1 hour exercise/day.
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am new to Keto, but not the LC lifestyle. I have been researching Keto and feel like I would like to give it a try. I have over 100lbs to lose and I will start fully tomorrow after I have gone shopping and meal prepped. Does anyone have any favorite recipes that they would like to share?
    Goal's - limit to 20 carbs per day, try to exercise at least 4 times a week (I have no excuse since I have a gym in my garage!) No late night snacking!!!!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was great day considering that I was at a soccer game and kids birthday party all day. I am pretty proud of myself for not GIVING into temptation with all the pizza, cupcakes and hummas. Lol. I am actually beyond proud and thankful I stayed on track. Thanks for the photo tips.

Day 2... MAN AM I HUNNNNGRY!!! LOL. I think my fat marcos were too low yesterda because I ate a lot of chicken yesterday that I prepped at home. I am increased them today. Will see tomorrow if that was it.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    4/23 Totals
    Net carbs 22
    30 min on exercise bike.

I did good!
    (the grammar nazi in me wants to change good to well.... *sigh*)