Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of great success going on! That is absolutely fantastic for motivating self as well as others! I just got back from cleaning all afternoon and part of the morning for my daughter-in-law that injured her back. Now I'm planning on taking a walk with my dog that is feeling neglected.
    Welcome to all the new people that are joining in today. @Chena83 fantastic that you were able to resist temptatian!
    @azsundancer congratulations on your loss!
    @mjj79 i'm going to have to try that recipe.
    @kroderick I did post a couple of threads that have recipes that I suggested for people to try and share with others. But I know that there are people here that have already great recipes that they may post like the cloud bread chips! I am definitely going to try those!
    @KnitOrMiss thanks for the information!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @elize7 congratulations on your success!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Day 2 coming to an end. Just logging in my food/ water/ exercise. I was feeling great this am .. but been dragging the rest of the day. Tomorrow is another day! :)

Thanks Mary!

@elize7 WTG with your whoosh!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Day 2 macros. Only problem is I went way over on calories. Stress eating. *sigh*. bt7bnk590epk.png
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Your macros are good though!
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Day Two (75%Fat, 20%Protein, 5%/carbs) done! Except for wanting something sweet (ha-ha), it has been OK. Looks like everyone is doing great!
    Ann in Alabama
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    jfrsl0uvzmih.png
    Day 2: Down .5 lbs, food on plan, workout this morning - weight training.

I had a tooth (molar) pulled Friday. Instructions were to eat soft food. In the past that would have meant ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Instead I had protein shakes and homemade yogurt. I did hesitate a few minutes in front of the Halo Top, but did not take any home.

Cathy
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    so day 2 of Body trim/ keto eating going to plan only 11 grams of carbs and 10 g for yesterday..
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down and so far, so good!
    Net Carbs 23
    Fat 99
    Protein 92
    Total Cal: 1484

I also got 30 min in on the bike! :p

• mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.6 lbs in 2 days. Is this really possible? Am i suddenly going to rebound and gain it back? (Can you tell I'm paranoid bc of all my dieting failure?)
  • mjj79
    Options
    Also, I haven't started exercising yet...hopefully soon :/
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Great job on the exercise and weight loss. Looks like a lot of people are hitting their macros.

@mjj79 the first 2 or 3 pounds is the glycogen stores from the muscles being used up. After that it's pure fat hopefully! Doing strength training will help to reduce muscle loss.

Cathy Great job on resisting the halo top!

Mary
  • mjj79
    Options
    @fanncy0626 : thanks for the helpful info! have you lost all of your weight on keto?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @mjj79 I lost most of my initial weight from CICO weightlifting and swinging the Kettlebell. Then I injured my shoulder and re-gained 20 pounds of a 60 pound loss. Since February I've been on keto and I have lost that 20 pounds plus another 5+. I find that this eating style really gets rid of the fat from my body. I can almost see it disappearing!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Just a reminder to everyone that the keto flu is a misnomer, a myth, and is 100% avoidable. It's about lost sodium (due to the way keto works) and electrolyte imbalances. Replace the lost salt to 5000 mg daily added back in, and you should be good.

FWIW, though, my love, I supplement hella electrolytes and still got flu like symptoms. By my thinking and experience (with addiction) I believe it's more withdrawal symptoms, from sugar/carbs, so it's unfair that it's called keto flu, like that's the problem. It's sugar/carb withdrawal and ya just gotta keep electrolytes up and it passes in like, four days. For me at least.
  • Acheymakey
    Acheymakey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Love reading all your posts great for motivation.

Day 1 (Monday)
    75% Fat 171g / 6% Carbs 29g / 19% Protein 96g
    Great first day, a little hungry in the evening but kept busy. I'm loving being able to plan the next days meals on the app and add and delete foods to hit macros.

Day 2 (Tuesday)
    on track for...
    74% Fat 162g / 7% Carbs 34g / 19% Protein 91g
    Not felt so hungry today (so far) I'm going to try to eat an avocado before the gym as I wont be eating till late. Not my favourite food but needs must.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day 3/28 It's fantastic seeing all of the success that people are having getting started and adapted to this way of eating or just straightening up your macros. Thanks for all of the information and support!

I dropped 0.2 pounds yesterday and another 1.2 pounds today! I do have a slight headache and need to adjust my salt intake.

Suggestion for today! Continue to get to know each other through encouragement and support!

Mary