Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    sheynoa wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Bookmark this site! So that it is easier for you to come back to.

How do you bookmark the site. I am sure its right in my face.... :s

The top right corner there should be a star when you click on it it will turn yellow!

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Challenge Guidelines

The purpose of this thread is for motivation and support for the next four weeks. It is suggested that you check in daily with your needs or to support others. Most people do better when they are in a challenge because of the support of others trying to accomplish the same goals.

1. Introduce yourself and tell us what you would like to be called.
    2. If you have goals that you would like to share please list them.
    3. Suggestion is to take measurements and weight which will be evidence of your success.
    4. Ask questions if you are new to Keto /LC eating style.
    5. I listed several sites that have a lot of information for your reading pleasure. The two that I like the most have to do with recipes and pictures of low-carb meals from fellow MFP'ers.
    6. If you are having an issue let us know immediately so that we can support you. I check this site every couple of hours. You can also PM me with any problems that you need immediate help with.

I am excited to start this challenge on Sunday and get my mind and body focused on tightening up my carbs, calories and exercise! I am excited that you have chosen to take this journey with me and the other people that are joining in. We are going to accomplish our goals together!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @annasianca, @ChristinaVaz25, @sheynoa so glad that you have decided to join this challenge. If you are new to this way of eating there are a few links that have food suggestions and other information that will be very helpful for your transition into this way of eating. Please read them or ask questions of people on here. I will check in here often or you can send me a personal message anytime you want to. I am also having a difficult time with carb cravings since I did a curb re-feed on Easter weekend. UGG I can't stop them from creeping into my mind! I know that we can accomplish great things together!

Mary
  • preciouskinks
    preciouskinks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Adria and I'm in for this challenge. I've been on keto on and off for the past month. So i need this for accountability.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Hi Adria! Glad that you are joining us!

Mary
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathie and would definitely like to start this challenge also.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Hi Kathie! Glad that you are here!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I started this thread so that we could work together to reach our goals and get support and motivation from each other. I am a carb addict and my name is Mary...
    My goals for this challenge are;
    Eat around 5% carbs, 20% protein, 75% fat
    Lose 5-10 pounds of fat
    Drink a lot of water
    Move more and sit less
    My favorite way to exercise is weight lifting and swinging the Kettlebell.
    I live in northern Minnesota so the weather is just starting to warm up enough to get outside!

One more day before our challenge begins! Make sure you have food and snacks ready to go. On the recipe link I posted there are great food ideas even LC deserts for those with a sweet tooth! I have my macadamia nuts and cheese crisps stocked and ready to go!

Have a fantastic day!
    Mary
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Plan is to do keto like i did it at first. Have gotten way too lax overall, and am backsliding a little too much.
    Need something to sink my teeth into and a challenge might work.

Goals:
    Daily weigh in:
    Weekly measurements:
    20 carb limit:
    60 minute activity:

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Fantastic plan @elize7 !!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks Mary for pointing me this direction. I'm Marcelyn, 57 and live in the Houston area. My husband also eats low carb which makes my life a lot easier. I crave Mexican food.

Goals
    Daily weigh in
    20 net grams of carbs a day
    More water!
    45 minutes dedicated exercise minutes per day
    Weight loss - will take anything would like -5 pounds

• clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cathy and I would like to join this challenge. I am 64 an 4'11". I have been on the Keto lifestyle since September 2016. I have lost 47 lbs and have 23 more to lose to reach my goal. I live in North Texas and dread the summer heat soon to come.

My goals are to:
    Eat within my macros of 79 g protein, 20 g carbs and 59 g fat
    Weigh daily
    Walk/run 3 days a week
    Weight train 3 days a week

My biggest challenge is to continue to prepare meals at home. I live alone and never really learned ( or enjoy) cooking. I have an Instant Pot and Opti-grill which have made meal prep much easier since both appliances can cook meats that are frozen.

Cathy
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Marcelyn and Cathy glad to have you here with us! We are going to crush our goals!
    Mary
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Aaaaah HA! I knew I'd find you!!!
    I'm in, please!

Day Four....AGAIN.

I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lori! You made it! Glad you are here with us.

Mary
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey and thanks for starting the KETO challenge! I am a newbie to KETO but am very familiar with Dr. Atkins low carb diet. After reading a great deal of the information you posted, I am excited to give it a try.
    Thanks again!
    Ann
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi. My name is Chena, 34 yo, 5'2"

GOALS:
    Weigh 185 by May 23
    Have NO cheat days
    Eat at least 88 grams protein and <20 grams of carbs
    Exercise 4-5 days a week (waiting on potassium to arrive before starting)
    LASTLY, love my body that carried my 4 babies more.

Thanks for this group. I will cheat in here daily. Tomorrow I will take measurememts, I weighed myself today.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Ann I'm glad you were able to get some information from those links. There are people on here that will be able to help that have been doing Keto a long time. I started the beginning of February.

Chena you have nice goals! Four little ones can keep you busy! I measured today and will weigh tomorrow. I am excited to get started!

Mary
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    So excited for tomorrow!
    In typical fashion, overdid carbs today. Tomorrow, I'm crushing it! Even if i have to chain myself to my bed to stay away from carbs. Would be worth it.