Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Sarah, glad to see trendweight loving you. You're doing a fantastic job, way to go!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys! :smile:
  • minigrrll
    Options
    So we just got our first delivery of one of those kit meal delivery services (Hello Fresh) where they deliver all the ingredients and recipes. I ordered the vegetarian box and am getting it for 3 meals a week.

Sadly, I always wanted to try this before but I always looked at the calorie counts of the meals and said "no way, too many calories". Now, I don't care!!

Pretty excited to be getting some different meals and not having to grocery shop for ingredients...

Will try to remember to take a picture of tonight's dinner...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well done Sarah!!! reaching your goal weight this year that´s awesome!!!
    My plan is to reach my goal weight next year for my 50´s birthday (june) or before that? who knows...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Oooo, I'm 50 in June too!! The 7th - when is your bday?
  • minigrrll
    Options
    My meal tonight. I added the carrots and peas as extra, they didn't come with the delivery. I also had a second serving (though no more mushrooms, they were all gone).

The dish is called Balsamic Roasted Mushroom 'Steaks' with with Fetta & Zaatar Veggies. The grain is pearl barley. It was pretty darned good - I'm impressed so far...

6zheuvhxniy3.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Ohhhhh, what a lovely meal! I've been tempted to try a service like this, may eventually try if you find you like-y most of them!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I love those mushrooms! I've tried making a pizza with them before by filling up the cavity with sauce, cheese, and stuff. Very yummy!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »
    So a bit of an uptick for me over the weekend so far (as usual!)... Nothing to worry about.

We had Indian (so good) and wine on Friday night and last night had pizza (so not-good). The pizza was terrible, soggy and just not nice. This is after putting "Extra crispy, almost burnt" in the instructions - usually they do that, but not this time! I put it in a hot oven when it got here (lucky the oven was hot as I'd just roasted some cabbage...) and it was at least crispy when we ate it. But it was not good pizza for some reason. We still ate (way too much of) it.

I have to say, I definitely felt cheated on my OMAD - I don't like to waste a meal on something not nice, that's for sure.

kwk9rk70jtvz.png

Virtual hug from me to you! Had the same kind of day, my pizza tasted like cardboard *kitten*. Lol

I have a tiny uptick this weekend as well. Isn't it great to know these things are expected? So much nicer not to panic. :)
    That sucks about the pizza! Maybe it wasn't a pizza weekend!!!

I had (more) Indian last night and it was beyond delicious... Also saw more uptick on the scale, which was totally expected with the amount of Naan bread (both garlic and cheese) I ate. It's just so good... I actually had a stomach ache from being too full. I definitely don't like that feeling and need to take steps to stop it happening again.. Like when Darcy (my partner) says "do you want another piece of bread?" and I have already made the decision to stop eating because I'm full... Might not be a good idea to grab that piece of bread from him and shovel it, dipped in the curry sauce, of course, into my mouth!! Ha!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CURRY <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Also those mushrooms look AWESOME - I had mushrooms yesterday toooooooo :p:p:p
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see other meals from your kit :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms too!... Loved the days when we went out into the countryside to collect them and cook them on the spot... we took a frying pan with us !
  • minigrrll
    Options

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CURRY <3

Absolutely!! I dream about curry...

• minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I love those mushrooms! I've tried making a pizza with them before by filling up the cavity with sauce, cheese, and stuff. Very yummy!

That is an awesome idea - I must try that...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh, what a lovely meal! I've been tempted to try a service like this, may eventually try if you find you like-y most of them!

So far, so good - will keep y'all posted!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Quick drop in - work is crazy today!

Down a tiny bit today - dropped the weekend weight:
    gujgcpfnw7dj.png
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Hooray, Sarah! I know that must feel great!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! We're SO CLOSE to goal!!!! We got this! :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! We're SO CLOSE to goal!!!! We got this! :)

Yes we are close to July goal! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! :)