Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Sarah, Sarah, Sarah! What a delight to hear about your loss this morning, I'm beyond happy for you. I know, right? Why did no one tell us years ago that it was this easy? lol 8 pounds in a month is freaking fantastic! Right on! :-)
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I KNOW RIGHT?!

I've lost close to 8 lbs this month. That is UNHEARD of for me...

I just went back to the last time I lost some weight from June 2015 - April 2016 and I lost 27 lbs in 10 MONTHS... (Oh and then gained it all back!) And I was white knuckle starving myself and exercising like a fiend (that's so one of my favourite words in the world, I really need to use it more!)...

Last time it took me from the middle of June 2015 to end of November 2015 (4 months) to get from where I started this time (on May 23 of this year) to where I am now (2 months). So I've effectively doubled the rate of loss.

And this time I'm eating and drinking whatever the F I want and not really exercising - I don't really count walking the dogs - I do that every day pretty much, no matter what!

I seriously keep waiting for the penny to drop - for me to stop losing, or to totally go off the wagon or SOMETHING bad. I truly don't believe that's going to happen though...

This is truly encouraging! When you say it works, you know what you're talking about!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    And... (I kind of suspected this might happen) I'm up 1.2 lbs today (though I think I'll just take my loss on the trend weight instead - it says I've lost 0.2 lbs! ha!):

5mjaqblcvpns.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Didn't take a picture of dinner last night but it was mighty fine - Butternut Squash soup with homemade croutons and roast pecans and wilted spinach topped by a dollop of Greek yogurt.

Fun fact: Australians call Butternut Squash, Butternut "Pumpkin", in fact, they call ALL winter squash, "pumpkins". It drives me nuts! I can have a good old rant about THAT, let me tell you! I'm constantly saying "all pumpkins are squash but all squash are not pumpkins!" (ok, maybe "constantly" is a bit of an exaggeration...).
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Didn't take a picture of dinner last night but it was mighty fine - Butternut Squash soup with homemade croutons and roast pecans and wilted spinach topped by a dollop of Greek yogurt.

Fun fact: Australians call Butternut Squash, Butternut "Pumpkin", in fact, they call ALL winter squash, "pumpkins". It drives me nuts! I can have a good old rant about THAT, let me tell you! I'm constantly saying "all pumpkins are squash but all squash are not pumpkins!" (ok, maybe "constantly" is a bit of an exaggeration...).

uhhhhhhhhhh YEAH! My beloved spaghetti squash is not a pumpkin gosh darnit!!!! LOL - dinner sounds DELISH!!!!!
  • minigrrll
    Options

uhhhhhhhhhh YEAH! My beloved spaghetti squash is not a pumpkin gosh darnit!!!! LOL - dinner sounds DELISH!!!!!

EXACTLY! Maybe I'll print your response out and put it on the fridge! HA!.

And this is going to shock you - I've never found spaghetti squash here... :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Yes, take the trendweight app weight! lol I love how you just sort of roll with it. :)

My friend from Perth told me about the pumpkin and squash thing awhile back. She actually came to visit me a few years ago and she laughed when she saw a commercial for "Outback Steakhouse", she said they don't "blacken" properly. Lol

Your meal sounds like it was outstanding!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Not exactly why I'm just rolling with it - I don't seem to care as much as I did on other diets... Maybe because I know I can do this forever? Like it doesn't mean I have to "diet" for x more days if I gain? Who knows... (Reading that back, you can sure see why I always gained the weight back!)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Not exactly why I'm just rolling with it - I don't seem to care as much as I did on other diets... Maybe because I know I can do this forever? Like it doesn't mean I have to "diet" for x more days if I gain? Who knows... (Reading that back, you can sure see why I always gained the weight back!)

Sarah, I was always the same as you on other ways to try and get healthier. Gain weight and then some. :( So funny because I just wrote my thoughts on this elsewhere and feel the same as you now... this isn't a diet! It's a sustainable lifestyle change.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am so happy for you!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I KNOW RIGHT?!

I've lost close to 8 lbs this month. That is UNHEARD of for me...

I just went back to the last time I lost some weight from June 2015 - April 2016 and I lost 27 lbs in 10 MONTHS... (Oh and then gained it all back!) And I was white knuckle starving myself and exercising like a fiend (that's so one of my favourite words in the world, I really need to use it more!)...

Last time it took me from the middle of June 2015 to end of November 2015 (4 months) to get from where I started this time (on May 23 of this year) to where I am now (2 months). So I've effectively doubled the rate of loss.

And this time I'm eating and drinking whatever the F I want and not really exercising - I don't really count walking the dogs - I do that every day pretty much, no matter what!

I seriously keep waiting for the penny to drop - for me to stop losing, or to totally go off the wagon or SOMETHING bad. I truly don't believe that's going to happen though...

Don't think about the past now. You're on a new path and its gonna work for you :) Amazing 8 pound loss there :smiley:
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks all!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I love your attitude, Sarah, and that really resonates with how I was feeling earlier this week.
    OMAD is a real no-brainer, and I'm not suffering through it hoping to lose x amount by y date just so I can be done with it and stop torturing myself. There is no torture. I feel no need to "stop!" There is no "stop!"
    Haha, that reminds me of A League of Their Own. "Are you considering stopping? There's no stopping in OMAD!"
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hurrey Sarah, reading and celebrating your successes!!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Feel the same way. You don't have to worry so much because this is not a constraining difficult lifestyle.
    When people talk to me about my weight loss they'll often ask if I'm worried about keeping it off, or about what happens when I end this "diet".
    I tell them I'm not worried one bit because frankly I don't have to change anything if I don't want to. I could continue doing exactly what I'm doing forever if I want to. I quite enjoy it.
    Nothing is compelling me to change, I'm not bothered or annoyed by some quirky unsatisfying diet that I can't wait to get away from.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

And this is going to shock you - I've never found spaghetti squash here... :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

* blinks rapidly in disbelief* I'm sorry what?! One of my favorite things in the world is spaghetti squash mac and cheese, I'll have to post the recipe on my omad recipes thread... It's seriously addictive Ha!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I love your attitude, Sarah, and that really resonates with how I was feeling earlier this week.
    OMAD is a real no-brainer, and I'm not suffering through it hoping to lose x amount by y date just so I can be done with it and stop torturing myself. There is no torture. I feel no need to "stop!" There is no "stop!"
    Haha, that reminds me of A League of Their Own. "Are you considering stopping? There's no stopping in OMAD!"

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhah #TRUTH
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

* blinks rapidly in disbelief* I'm sorry what?! One of my favorite things in the world is spaghetti squash mac and cheese, I'll have to post the recipe on my omad recipes thread... It's seriously addictive Ha!

Please do, my mom gives me spaghetti squash from her garden every year :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

Please do, my mom gives me spaghetti squash from her garden every year :)

I'm on it! I'll get it in there before the end of the day :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wow I had to google spaguetti squash I didnt even know that existed