Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Whoa - you guys are pretty MEAN! Recipes for spaghetti squash after KNOWING I can't get it here... Cruel, very cruel... :p

Can you get some seeds there to grow? I've got some growing in my garden right now.

You apparently can, yes! I mentioned in an earlier post that I might try growing some. Sounds like they grow like weeds...

Most squash are very easy to grow. They will grow in poor ground even.
    Well, I'm up 2 lbs today! Up to 183.7... Crazy body! Having said that I did eat 7/8 of a pretty big delicious homemade pizza plus an unknown quantity of red wine!!

Saturday morning here - about to go to the park to walk the dogs and headed to the coast later this afternoon to watch my step daughter's choir sing at an xmas in July concert at a bowls club (where old people go to do lawn bowling and drink alcohol and eat crappy fried food!!). So hopefully after that we'll go out for a nice dinner somewhere on the Gold Coast...

Have an awesome weekend everybody!!!

I usually gained 2-lbs on a splurge day and would lose that and another during the week so keep going and it should come off! Have fun!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the squash!

And it wasn't a splurge day!! Just a regular omad... Just that pizza is so very delicious! I totally shoulda stopped at 5 pieces - I knew that was plenty. But yeah, pizza!! And the lovely combo of pizza and red wine (Malbec). Absolutely zero regrets!

I'm used to my weight bouncing around though, so not at all worried... I probably also didn't drink enough water yesterday as my sodastream ran out of gas and I didn't make it to the store to get a new gas bottle until nearly 5pm.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Pizza, holy be thy name!

@minigrrll, like you, I have to say that since weighing daily and knowing that weight fluctuates, as well as knowing some foods are high in salt, then we have hormones, and strength training, etc., and they all play a part in water retention. I barely blink an eye anymore when it comes to a sudden gain. It's so awesome and freeing!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "unknown quantity of red wine"???? ....does this mean you were not there when you drunk it?...
    or else you went into bliss mode? Enjoy! I am sure you will drop it soon!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    "unknown quantity of red wine"???? ....does this mean you were not there when you drunk it?...
    or else you went into bliss mode? Enjoy! I am sure you will drop it soon!

Haha! Unknown means I truly have no idea how much I drank - my partner has this annoying habit of filling up my wine glass before I'm finished so it is very difficult to keep track of the amount. Mind you, I don' tell him NOT to fill up my glass or anything!

• minigrrll
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Pizza, holy be thy name!

@minigrrll, like you, I have to say that since weighing daily and knowing that weight fluctuates, as well as knowing some foods are high in salt, then we have hormones, and strength training, etc., and they all play a part in water retention. I barely blink an eye anymore when it comes to a sudden gain. It's so awesome and freeing!
    So true!

I had an equal amount of pizza on Saturday night!! Plus another unknown amount of wine... Experimenting with the homemade pizza - this time I made my own dough and it was so much better than the store bought base we had on Friday night. Need to experiment more next weekend - I want a thinner, more Italian crust - Saturday's was pretty thin but I slacked on the rolling... Gotta learn to throw it in the air and spin it like the real pizza chef's do!! On second thought, I think the dogs would be getting a better meal out of that than us, once I spin it all the way to the floor...
  • minigrrll
    edited July 2017
    Options
    And today's weigh in puts me back in the 181 zone!! Woohoo!! Still having problems adjusting to the fact that I can eat almost a whole pizza two nights in a row and still lose weight. And let's not forget the wine or the snacking on cheese and toppings that happened in the making of the pizza. It's crazy but so freaking awesome!!

gf4ht2jig1j6.png

• minigrrll
    Options
    I just realized that the last time I bothered to log any food in MFP was 10 days ago. This is incredibly encouraging to me. One of the predictors of gaining back weight for me in the past (along with not weighing daily) has always been stopping logging my food (I've been using some app or another to log food since the mid 90s). I always thought that to successfully lose weight and keep it off I would have to log forever... Seeing that this probably isn't the case is so exciting!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just weigh and if the trend isn't good make some adjustmets! Sounds like your doing well!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Sarah, that's so awesome! Isn't it logging so very freeing? Even if I don't make the best food choices, I just listen for my body to tell me that enough is enough. Super happy for you that you've ended the month at your July goal. Way to go!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    :) Sarah I know that nice feeling of letting your hubby fill you a glass... I have only drunk 2 cups I think since OMAD... a red wine and a rosé hummmm...I used to enjoy exploring those aussie wines!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Sarah, that's so awesome! Isn't it logging so very freeing? Even if I don't make the best food choices, I just listen for my body to tell me that enough is enough. Super happy for you that you've ended the month at your July goal. Way to go!

Thanks Sandy! Yes - I freaking HATED entering my food. Such a PITA. Nobody wants to live like that, always recording everything. And then feeling guilty if you don't record it all. Good riddance to that, I say!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    :) Sarah I know that nice feeling of letting your hubby fill you a glass... I have only drunk 2 cups I think since OMAD... a red wine and a rosé hummmm...I used to enjoy exploring those aussie wines!

That's funny, because I'm pretty much only drinking Spanish wines right now!! And the odd Malbec from Argentina...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Weight still inching down...

I wonder how long it is going to take before I can completely trust the process. I'm not restricting what I eat for my meal at all. And every night I think that I'm going to gain weight the next day because I feel like I've eaten too much. Not because I'm so stuffed when I'm finished (though that does happen on occasion, ahem, pizza) but because I'm just eating whatever and not logging it and not restricting rice or bread or cheese or anything... I still think my body is going to realize what's going on any minute now and put a stop to it. Such a weird headspace!

uhkn9eyeuxp3.png
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you are losing without logging. Liberating in fact!
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sarah, for me, the one extended fast I did helped clear my head for being able to happily not count calories. I didn't do it when I first started IF and I lost, but I was winging IF, didn't really look into what IF was truly about, so I wasn't zeroing in on body cues and stuff. Then, when I started counting to make sure I was eating enough, I got all into the BMR and TDEE aspects and became After learning more about the process I was willing to let go, but I wasn't trusting myself or the process, the 72 hour fast turned into a time of clarity, an "aha" moment for me, and now I trust the process.

IF started out for me as another plan to lose weight and then turned into something far bigger. I feel so much better overall and ridding weight is insignificant compared to feeling healthier, not having heartburn, not having daily aches and pains, not having sore upper arms, having more energy than I did in my twenties, the list goes on and on. I simply cannot imagine another way of life. I'm going to continue setting small, achievable goals for that reason and if I make it, great, if not, that's okay, I will see 135, eventually.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Sarah, for me, the one extended fast I did helped clear my head for being able to happily not count calories. I didn't do it when I first started IF and I lost, but I was winging IF, didn't really look into what IF was truly about, so I wasn't zeroing in on body cues and stuff. Then, when I started counting to make sure I was eating enough, I got all into the BMR and TDEE aspects and became After learning more about the process I was willing to let go, but I wasn't trusting myself or the process, the 72 hour fast turned into a time of clarity, an "aha" moment for me, and now I trust the process.

IF started out for me as another plan to lose weight and then turned into something far bigger. I feel so much better overall and ridding weight is insignificant compared to feeling healthier, not having heartburn, not having daily aches and pains, not having sore upper arms, having more energy than I did in my twenties, the list goes on and on. I simply cannot imagine another way of life. I'm going to continue setting small, achievable goals for that reason and if I make it, great, if not, that's okay, I will see 135, eventually.

Yeah, its interesting - I logically trust the process. It's some crazy "dieting" part of my brain that keeps telling me I'm going to fail or gain weight or whatever.

Physically I don't feel much different (I luckily didn't have any issues to begin with), but mentally I am feeling so much better about food, my feelings about food, my optimism about my future relationship with food etc.

What was it about your long fast that created an aha moment?

• wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So glad you didn't have a bunch of health issues before, I don't wish them on anyone.

What brought the "aha" moment into effect was that it got me really got me away from the diet mentality that I had from self-imposed calorie obsessing. It helped me become truly mindful and helped me to zero in on my cues. I've noticed that some days I truly am hungrier, and other days, not. Whereas before, I would tend to eat maybe more than I should just to make sure I didn't go too far below the calories because I worried too much about messing up my metabolic rate if I did. Does that make sense? lol Now I eat until full and stop eating when I am. I know due to the science behind IF, it's okay to be ravenous and sometimes not ravenous. I'm not hurting my metabolism if I eat not based on the old school way of pre-determined caloric intake--I knew it, but my mind wouldn't accept it and now it does. :)

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, Sarah! Everyone has just been so successful this weekend!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    So glad you didn't have a bunch of health issues before, I don't wish them on anyone.

What brought the "aha" moment into effect was that it got me really got me away from the diet mentality that I had from self-imposed calorie obsessing. It helped me become truly mindful and helped me to zero in on my cues. I've noticed that some days I truly am hungrier, and other days, not. Whereas before, I would tend to eat maybe more than I should just to make sure I didn't go too far below the calories because I worried too much about messing up my metabolic rate if I did. Does that make sense? lol Now I eat until full and stop eating when I am. I know due to the science behind IF, it's okay to be ravenous and sometimes not ravenous. I'm not hurting my metabolism if I eat not based on the old school way of pre-determined caloric intake--I knew it, but my mind wouldn't accept it and now it does. :)

Yes, that makes total sense... I am the opposite - always paranoid that I'm eating too much! But slowly letting go of that every time I see that I'm not gaining on eating whatever I want... Learning to trust the process. And reading about the science helps tons...

So I've been having 2 or 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter right when I start my window, because I want it and it's just so good. It keeps me satisfied while I'm cooking.

Yesterday I thought, I really shouldn't have this there are SO MANY calories in peanut butter, you'd lose faster if you just skipped it. But then I said to myself - no, that's restricting, and if you want it, have it, so I did... I just have to stop (and be able to recognize) that kind of thinking when it happens - which I'm doing pretty well at. It's just amazing that the thoughts keep popping up...