Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Sarah, this is fantastic!!! Welcome to the 170s!!! Beyond thrilled for you, my friend!

Your meal description was so awesome and then to actually see it? Girlllll, thank goodness I'm full and not seeing that picture before my eating window opens tomorrow afternoon. Lol

See? Sandy has an accent just like me ;) but I promise I don't have a Southern drawl, I just sound not as Michigan as normal michiganders LOL

Lmao, I don't sound like a normal Michigander any more, been in the south too long, though I wish I did sound like I'm from there. I refuse to say soda and ya'll, they will not get me! It's pop and you guys, damn it! I swear I have no hint of a southern accent, but when I visit up north, people say I have a slight one. I insist that I do not! But, I must say, I never noticed the Michigan almost nasally accent when I grew up there. I thought we sounded normal, guess not. My Aunt in Flint has a super thick one. Northern LP peeps like me are in between southern Michigan and Yoopers. In the south, I often get asked if I'm from Minnesota dontcha know. Great, now I have a sudden urge to rewatch Fargo. Lolol
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    reading and sending good vibes (sometimes I don´t engage when you guys get into your anglo jokes LOL sorry cultural differences)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Love Fargo (the movie) - mostly because of the accent. We spent a fair bit of time in Fargo ND in the old days - growing up in Winnipeg it was the closest USA town with a mall! Went to Minneapolis a lot too as I played Ringette (not even going to explain what that is!) when i was a kid and we used to do exchanges with Minneapolis teams...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Well, wouldya look at that - down almost another pound... Crazy.

Was a weird night last night. I made my giant salad (that my partner makes fun of - he says it could feed a pony - rude!!!). It has an avocado, half a can of chick peas, half a block of feta (100 grams), corn, an apple, tomatoes, beets, etc (plus kale and spinach and that bagged mix for making coleslaw). It's probably my favoirite meal m the whole world. I could only eat half of it last night. Half! I've always been able to easily down that thing, no problem. I did have peanut butter and an apple about an hour before, but that wouldn't have put even a dent in my appetite before. I was actually quite sad, my mind wanted to keep eating it but my belly was like, no freaking way lady!!

I guess just maybe, possibly my partner has a point about the size of it - ha! (He can never find out I just said that though - I have always defended my giant salad against his mean attacks!)

Tomorrow is official weigh day, of course we are going out for dinner and I will most definitely be having something like a massive veggie burger and fries... We shall see what the scale says.

5kn00w2zdcqw.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Another pound gone, Yay :) I won't tell him you said that ;)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Your secret is safe w me ;);) and so much yay on another pound! I'll be glad to just still be at 181 after this moving fiasco! Bravo mi amor!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    We went out for dinner last night.

Our conversation on the way to the restaurant:
    Darcy: So what should we have for dinner tonight?
    Me: Burger and fries.
    Darcy: With nachos to start?
    Me: NO! We'll have our burgers and fries and then if we still want something we can order nachos after - you know what happens when we eat nachos first...
    Darcy: Oh yeah, ok.

10 minutes later...
    Darcy: Maybe we could get some onion rings to start?
    Me: YEAH, let's do it!!

After dinner:
    Darcy: Why did we order the onion rings, I'm too full, I feel sick.
    Me: Me too - we are morons!

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Why??????

So we talked about it and we are NOT going to order an appetiser ever again. (And yeah, we have that conversation every week too... One day it's going to stick...)
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So despite the too much food last night AND the half bottle of red wine that I drank (Rioja), I still lost weight:

3hh6hkfngrdq.png

It's my official weigh-day today (-2.6 for the week):

giouulwwc4ye.png

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

Me: NO! We'll have our burgers and fries and then if we still want something we can order nachos after - you know what happens when we eat nachos first...

10 minutes later...

After dinner:

So we talked about it and we are NOT going to order an appetiser ever again. (And yeah, we have that conversation every week too... One day it's going to stick...)

This = me.....every time.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    So despite the too much food last night AND the half bottle of red wine that I drank (Rioja), I still lost weight:

3hh6hkfngrdq.png

giouulwwc4ye.png

BOOM! That's a great week loss!!!! You're ROCKIN' it!
  • minigrrll
    Options

10 minutes later...

After dinner:

Yeah, like how hard would it be to just order the meal and then have something more after if we are still hungry???? We are NEVER hungry after. In fact we can never finish our meals even. So why would we think we need a giant pile of freaking onion rings beforehand... It's almost like a fear of missing out - like we'll never get onion rings or nachos ever again in our whole lives. And part of the problem is that we feed off each other (not literally - the other people in the restaurant would likely complain...) and justify doing it... UGH.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    We are funny sometimes aren't we!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    We are funny sometimes aren't we!

Yeah, I consider myself pretty logical and fairly intelligent... Ha! Mensa and moron is what we call it at work! We all have a mensa side and a moron side!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

3hh6hkfngrdq.png

giouulwwc4ye.png

Woohoo! Sarah, you are doing awesome!! Congratulations! Having the scale go down despite the onion rings, that you regretted, and wine? That's even better!

My husband and I are the same, if we order appetizers, we can't finish our main meals. Heck, if the place we dine has a killer salad bar, it kills my ability to eat a full meal. Lol

Super proud of you, lady!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options

10 minutes later...

After dinner:

Me too, when will we learn :p
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    AWESOME Loss :) "Take that onion rings!!!" :p
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow Sarah great results!!!! what is your secret? dont tell me its the Rioja!!!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh Onion Rings! always say yes to onion rings. lol
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just a quick drop in to record my fairly disaterous, though fun, weekend!! It's a long weekend here, so today is a day off..

We had friends over on Saturday night and I ate pizza, drank lots of wine and cocktails, then ate more pizza!! The scale wasn't kind to me yesterday morning and it stayed high today. I'm right back in the 180s!! Hopefully by Weds or Thurs the weight (which I'm sure is mostly water) will have gone...

Hope everybody is having an awesome weekend!!

6pli1n1vmogw.png