Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Your graph looks like an olympic downhill ski race course. Too bad about the meal service. Can you not pick the meals you'd like? I think the grocery stores should copy the idea and implement it in store. I made fajitas tonight and oh boy was it a mess. haha. Hope you have a nice relaxing night.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Lol it took me a while to get in the habit too! Practice makes perfect m'love! We just love da food too much *crying laughing face* (there was no proper emoji for that lol)

That's my fave emoji - the crying/laughing face. Sums up my whole life!!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Your graph looks like an olympic downhill ski race course. Too bad about the meal service. Can you not pick the meals you'd like? I think the grocery stores should copy the idea and implement it in store. I made fajitas tonight and oh boy was it a mess. haha. Hope you have a nice relaxing night.

There are only 3 vegetarian options a week, so we just get all of them... It was fine, I'm just being a b1tch about it! It really is the first time, I've been like, this sucks! Having said that they were delicious, what's not to love about Quesadillas... Ummm... NOTHING?!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm dying over here about the laugh/cry emoji! That's me, too!

Despite the daily fluctuations, you're still doing great, my friend!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    YASSSSSSSSSSS those 180s are gone FOREVER! My "official" weigh in is tomorrow (I'm going for the 96 hour boy this week) and LORD HELP ME if I'm not in the 170s!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Which meal kit are you using? I know of a few with more than 3 options, though I don't know if they are available in Australia. I used to use a couple of them, and they were great!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I'm dying over here about the laugh/cry emoji! That's me, too!

Despite the daily fluctuations, you're still doing great, my friend!
    YASSSSSSSSSSS those 180s are gone FOREVER! My "official" weigh in is tomorrow (I'm going for the 96 hour boy this week) and LORD HELP ME if I'm not in the 170s!

Thanks girls!! :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Which meal kit are you using? I know of a few with more than 3 options, though I don't know if they are available in Australia. I used to use a couple of them, and they were great!

We are using Hello Fresh right now and I think I'm also going to trial Marley Spoon after I get back from a work trip at the end of Sept.

I have really enjoyed the whole experience so far. Makes my life so much easier and I'm actually enjoying cooking now... Unfortunately for veggie options you can only get 3 days a week, but that actually works out pretty well for us anyway as we always end up going out at least one day a week and sometimes more. Plus we need to have pizza at least one day on the weekend... :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Up on the scale again... I actually feel smaller though - go figure. Hopefully a whoosh is going to come along soon, because Trendweight just made my trend line horizontal!! Rude!

Looks like it might be a zero-loss week this week (unless I somehow lose like 3 lbs by tomorrow)... Plus we are going out for dinner tonight, so there will be salty food!

n04jhxx9f0ex.png
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I whoosh right before weigh in all the time! Hopefully you'll get down to where you wanna be - @wsandy8512 Sandy, any predictions for our Sarah? :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I whoosh right before weigh in all the time! Hopefully you'll get down to where you wanna be - @wsandy8512 Sandy, any predictions for our Sarah? :)

First, I'm hoping you'll get that whoosh! lol

I'm going to predict our lovely Sarah will weigh in at 177 or lower. I don't care about the little gain, I stand by this number. :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Alrighty then girls - it's totally going to happen now - the Oracle has spoken! :-D
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    ha you guys are master of the 8 ball. You're making your own future come true. Good job! <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a blast! My gosh, I can totally picture hanging out with you for a gals night or even a couples night!

I think you were smart to forgo having the margaritas, I can't imagine the effect on me especially I had so much wine first! Lolol

I was right about my damage from yesterday, my 9:00 am weigh in was 177.2. Lol

We will totally hang out one day!! Not sure when my next conference in Orlando is, but it's got to be in the next year or so (I know that's not super close to you, but we love a good road trip).

You ARE the weight predicting Oracle!!

Squeeeee! You know, if we ever did meet, I'd have met two women from Australia, in real life, that I met online. How freaking cool would that be? If you were short on time, I'd be willing to drive there or we could find a halfway point or something. Of course, if you didn't mind an old home in a blue collar neighborhood that's always in a state of home improvement, you'd have free lodging. :)

Lol, I'm dying over the oracle!

You might be disappointed in me then - I have a boring Canadian accent... Darcy on the other hand is a 100% Ozzie true blue bloke, so he might make up for my shortcomings in that department... :D

We don't even have a bathroom upstairs right now... I am ashamed to even mention how long that bathroom has been "getting renovated"... :'( We won't even talk about the missing sink in the bathroom downstairs. We are not good at finishing jobs - there is always something more fun we can find to do...

Perfect! That's us, too! Lots of things started, but not finished because, you know... a lot of fun things and life stuff to do over 20 years in the same house. :-)

I'd love your Canadian accent! We could go "oot" and have a great time, eh? Make sure we apologize to people who bump into us and everything! Haha

Yeah, hilarious!!! Not!!! :D

Lmao!!!

BTW, I agree with Jim that clean fasting does make a difference. I honestly could never go back to any other way, myself. :)

Someone please explain "clean" to me cause I have no idea really what that is supposed to mean. Thanks
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Someone please explain "clean" to me cause I have no idea really what that is supposed to mean. Thanks

In a nutshell, clean fasting means only having plain black coffee, tea, or water while in a fasted state. No artificially sweetened drinks or flavored versions of those three. Nothing with calories,no oil, etc., it's a personal choice, of course. :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Totally personal choice, but I do think it has made a difference to my hunger levels while I'm fasting. i.e. I'm not hungry at all now (well, not until right before I eat, but I think that's psychological mostly).
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Well, I had my second gain this week... +0.4 lbs. I should have known the fast (for me) weight loss was too good to be true - I NEVER lose weight as quickly as I was losing there for a while:

1z104cpuexqa.png

2fo973khpbkw.png

In hindsight it maybe wasn't the best idea to eat the Lemon Meringue Pie and Hummingbird Cake last night after our (large) dinnner out (we shared the two pieces). Ha! I am definitely NOT a sweets person and did NOT feel good after eating that!! It was indulged in due to peer pressure from my partner who is a bit of a sugar addict... Obviously, not my fault... :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Cake! Carb overload. Lots of water storage!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Well, I had my second gain this week... +0.4 lbs. I should have known the fast (for me) weight loss was too good to be true - I NEVER lose weight as quickly as I was losing there for a while:

1z104cpuexqa.png

2fo973khpbkw.png

In hindsight it maybe wasn't the best idea to eat the Lemon Meringue Pie and Hummingbird Cake last night after our (large) dinnner out (we shared the two pieces). Ha! I am definitely NOT a sweets person and did NOT feel good after eating that!! It was indulged in due to peer pressure from my partner who is a bit of a sugar addict... Obviously, not my fault... :)

Totally, completely not your fault! Lemon Meringue pie is the devil! Resistance is futile!! Never heard of hummingbird cake though, what is it?

I've had a few of those mini gains over a week myself, in fact, I'm expecting no loss or a gain tomorrow. I was feeling like *kitten* all day today from too much sun yesterday. All I wanted to do was curl up in a chair and not do a darn thing. Made a horrible breakfast, gave the eggs to the dogs--I think they growled at the eggs before braving the first bite! Anyway, then I made a half piece of bread with peanut butter. Lastly, none of that satisfied me so I asked hubby to pick up some pizza... so 3 pieces of Little Caesar's with Pepsi! My stomach feels awful and I do not expect a drop tomorrow. Lol
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Totally, completely not your fault! Lemon Meringue pie is the devil! Resistance is futile!! Never heard of hummingbird cake though, what is it?

I've had a few of those mini gains over a week myself, in fact, I'm expecting no loss or a gain tomorrow. I was feeling like *kitten* all day today from too much sun yesterday. All I wanted to do was curl up in a chair and not do a darn thing. Made a horrible breakfast, gave the eggs to the dogs--I think they growled at the eggs before braving the first bite! Anyway, then I made a half piece of bread with peanut butter. Lastly, none of that satisfied me so I asked hubby to pick up some pizza... so 3 pieces of Little Caesar's with Pepsi! My stomach feels awful and I do not expect a drop tomorrow. Lol

Hummingbird cake is also the devil - it's like carrot cake but better and it always has a thick cream cheese dressing (also the devil... common theme).

It looks like this:

uu0m32p3ccsy.png

And here i was thinking it was Australian seeing as I'd never heard of it either until I moved here, but lo and behold it's American!
    "Hummingbird Cake is a dense and moist southern cake flavored with bananas, pineapple, and cinnamon and covered in a rich cream cheese frosting topped with toasted pecans. The first Hummingbird Cake recipe was published in Southern Living magazine in 1978 after being submitted by a reader from Greensboro, North Carolina. It became the most requested recipe in the magazine’s history. Hummingbird Cake almost tastes like banana bread and carrot cake had a baby together."

Ugh, that sucks that you're feeling like crap... Nothing worse than feeling like crap to make you want to eat all day.

Of course, the dogs managed to choke the eggs down, I imagine! :smiley: My dogs will eat almost anything, including the rotten compost we put on the garden. One of them ate a whole jar of pickles once (the jar broke when I dropped it on the floor so I composted them...).

I'm really not bothered about the scale not moving this week - I thought I might be but I'm really not. Weird...