Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I could just feel that my weight was going to go up today and it did. No reason for it to really, just a normal fluctuation, but it does mean I didn't hit my August goal (today is the 31st here) of 174 - I'm 1.9 pounds above that!

ykmil4w7kjgb.png
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Watch, it'll drop tomorrow. You may not have made your goal, but you're still trending down and that is the most important thing. I know you know that already, just giving you some backup. Plus, you're enjoying everything you love as well as going out to eat... When have any of us prior yo-yo dieters ever enjoyed such freedom? Nevah!!! Lol

Hugs sweet lady!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Trend is still down like what was mentioned!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Like you said "no reason for it"... that says it all...sometimes our bodies just want to do what the want to do... but...you got control of the brains so you will prevail...you win hands down every time. :p
  • minigrrll
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Watch, it'll drop tomorrow. You may not have made your goal, but you're still trending down and that is the most important thing. I know you know that already, just giving you some backup. Plus, you're enjoying everything you love as well as going out to eat... When have any of us prior yo-yo dieters ever enjoyed such freedom? Nevah!!! Lol

Hugs sweet lady!!

Thanks! Hugs back to you too!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Trend is still down like what was mentioned!

Absolutely!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Like you said "no reason for it"... that says it all...sometimes our bodies just want to do what the want to do... but...you got control of the brains so you will prevail...you win hands down every time. :p

Hmmmm... I'm not so sure about my "control of the brains"! Tell me that the morning after a few too many drinks... :neutral:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Beautiful chart!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    You did awesome babe! A great August result!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    "Official" weigh-in day today. Haven't weighed yet though.

Finally remembered to take a food pic - had this for dinner last night: bunless veggie burger (with all the fixings, caramelized onions and roast pepper and beetroot and pineapple and cheese and jalapenos and pickles and wing hot sauce and probably stuff I don't remember) and fries dipped in wing sauce (I've learnt my lesson on the bun - it's just WAY too much and makes me feel sick, but if it's there, I'll just gobble it up!) and wine (which I drank too much of - had more than half the bottle, oops):

kaud0hllsebv.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Official weigh-in (which amazes me because I can still feel that giant meal above sort of sitting in my stomach!) is down a teeny-tiny bit from yesterday.

I lost 3 lbs for the week, which means my average loss for the past two weeks is 1.3 lbs, taking into account my gain last week. Getting close to 25 lbs lost, which is almost half way - WOOHOO!!!:

sfl5a2vhwpot.png

qaqn7rvi1my3.png

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Omg that meal looks organismic!!!
    Great progress girl! Sprinkle some of your juju on me this month :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Gawd that looks delicious!! All of it! I want it all right now! Lol
  • blambo61
    Options
    Nice loss!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OMG! That looks so delish. I hate the thought of eating animals...I have huge, crazy empathy for anything alive...one time there was a bee dying in my house and I took him outside to my pIanter and put some honey next to him...ya...he was dead the next day and I was sad. I even pick up worms when they're on the side walk and put them in the grass so they won't get stepped on...I remember telling my kids to watch out for the ants on the sidewalk because they were probably going home to the momma.... I really don't know how eat meat! I think it was engrained in me since I was a child. I think I'm going to quit. It's really so stupid...uhhhhh....rant over. ps...ummmm... we don't have veggie burgers that look like that in the US!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • blambo61
    Options
    If animals were not meant to be eaten, they wouldn't be made out of meat! :# . That wasn't meant to be offensive. I actually think that is a great goal.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    OMG! That looks so delish. I hate the thought of eating animals...I have huge, crazy empathy for anything alive...one time there was a bee dying in my house and I took him outside to my pIanter and put some honey next to him...ya...he was dead the next day and I was sad. I even pick up worms when they're on the side walk and put them in the grass so they won't get stepped on...I remember telling my kids to watch out for the ants on the sidewalk because they were probably going home to the momma.... I really don't know how eat meat! I think it was engrained in me since I was a child. I think I'm going to quit. It's really so stupid...uhhhhh....rant over. ps...ummmm... we don't have veggie burgers that look like that in the US!

Well, you and my partner would get along just great! He watches where he is walking so he doesn't step on ants. He will stop the car to move anything out of the road (poisonous snakes included). He totally does that with worms. He will get super upset if he sees anyone killing an insect - even a mosquito. If there are ants in the sink or anywhere in the house he will pick them up one by one and put them outside. I think you guys are soul mates!!!

I don't eat meat - somewhat for the empathy reasons - but mostly because I find it utterly revolting to eat an animal's muscle. Has always grossed me out since I was a little kid. Ugh.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If animals were not meant to be eaten, they wouldn't be made out of meat! :# . That wasn't meant to be offensive. I actually think that is a great goal.

Ha!