Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Cake! Carb overload. Lots of water storage!

Exactly!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

Hummingbird cake is also the devil - it's like carrot cake but better and it always has a thick cream cheese dressing (also the devil... common theme).

OMG, that looks incredible! I grew up in the North, so maybe that's why I never heard of it. However, I've been in the South for almost 30 years now and never came across this cake, either. lol Perhaps it's because we've always lived in military cities and there are people from all over the place, but, not even my mother-in-law has made it or even talked about it before. I'm going to have to ask her. lol
    Ugh, that sucks that you're feeling like crap... Nothing worse than feeling like crap to make you want to eat all day.

Of course, the dogs managed to choke the eggs down, I imagine! :smiley: My dogs will eat almost anything, including the rotten compost we put on the garden. One of them ate a whole jar of pickles once (the jar broke when I dropped it on the floor so I composted them...).

LMAO, too funny!!! Ours will eat almost anything as well. Although, our youngest Boston Terrier, Bruno, is terrified of bone treats. He sniffs them and backs up. Our oldest one will take his treat happily, then hide it and come take Bruno's. Guess Dexter figures if Bruno doesn't get his quickly enough that he's entitled to it! About half an hour later, the little fella will retrieve one of the bones. Maybe he just wants to make sure they're safe first after the older one comes back alive. hahahaha
    I'm really not bothered about the scale not moving this week - I thought I might be but I'm really not. Weird...

I knew you weren't bothered, it's why I didn't leave the standard water weight reply. We know why the scale rises or doesn't move or fall at this point. I am the same as you, no worries at all. :-)
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    LMAO, too funny!!! Ours will eat almost anything as well. Although, our youngest Boston Terrier, Bruno, is terrified of bone treats. He sniffs them and backs up. Our oldest one will take his treat happily, then hide it and come take Bruno's. Guess Dexter figures if Bruno doesn't get his quickly enough that he's entitled to it! About half an hour later, the little fella will retrieve one of the bones. Maybe he just wants to make sure they're safe first after the older one comes back alive. hahahaha

OMG, you have a dog named Dexter! One of ours is Dexter too... And... Dexter is actually scared of his food bowl. He gingerly goes up to it and sniffs it and then backs up. I've just started dumping the food on the floor for him to eat. Crazy pups!

I love Boston Terriers, one of my BFFs in Canada has two and they such lovely little dogs.

We have 4 dogs (and 3 cats!). Two Poodle crosses - Cocker Spaniel and Cavalier (Milo and Dexter), a Australian Bulldog - Boxer x Bulldog (Marvin) and a Fox Terrier cross (Tucker). Don't even ask how we managed to collect so many! It's like a menagerie around here...

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Yeah that little gain is nothing! Lol...thatllcome right odd before you know it! Loving the positive attitude! Hugs darling!
  • wsandy8512
    edited August 2017
    Options

OMG, you have a dog named Dexter! One of ours is Dexter too... And... Dexter is actually scared of his food bowl. He gingerly goes up to it and sniffs it and then backs up. I've just started dumping the food on the floor for him to eat. Crazy pups!

I love Boston Terriers, one of my BFFs in Canada has two and they such lovely little dogs.

Haha, what a coinky doink! I named him after the series, Dexter, lol. He is beyond finicky! He'll take and put the regular morsels from the bowl to his floor and eat the meat pieces... Bruno comes along after words for the regular morsels since he isn't picky, just scared of odd foods! They really are lovely and fun dogs to have around. Your Dexter and my Bruno with their fear of what other dogs don't even give a second thought to is beyond funny. lol :-)
    We have 4 dogs (and 3 cats!). Two Poodle crosses - Cocker Spaniel and Cavalier (Milo and Dexter), a Australian Bulldog - Boxer x Bulldog (Marvin) and a Fox Terrier cross (Tucker). Don't even ask how we managed to collect so many! It's like a menagerie around here...

One can never have too many fur babies! LOL All of them sound like they're gorgeous mixes, great variety of looks and personalities, I'm sure. I'm guessing the cats rule? lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Haha, what a coinky doink! I named him after the series, Dexter, lol. He is beyond finicky! He'll take and put the regular morsels from the bowl to his floor and eat the meat pieces... Bruno comes along after words for the regular morsels since he isn't picky, just scared of odd foods! They really are lovely and fun dogs to have around. Your Dexter and my Bruno with their fear of what other dogs don't even give a second thought to is beyond funny. lol :-)

One can never have too many fur babies! LOL All of them sound like they're gorgeous mixes, great variety of looks and personalities, I'm sure. I'm guessing the cats rule? lol

I just have the one little bugger but MAN do I love that furbaby - I think I have more pictures of her than my stepkids! HAHHAHHAHA
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 lmao, fur babies are so awesome! Probably only more pictures because everyone takes the pictures of them. Lolol
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I love that you guys are dog people!! <3 Dog people are the BEST!
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So OF COURSE, my body decided to let go of that weight today the day AFTER my official weigh-in day! RUDE or what (not that it would have made a huge difference - weight is still only 0.8 down from last Friday)??? Hopefully it's over its little temper tantrum and will continue its downward trend... :)

h7047zj4wwp7.png
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I know you're super stoked about having that drop off!

About meal kits: I used to use Hello Fresh, too, and I loved it, but I struggled because I also have a wheat allergy and there weren't enough gluten-free veg options. I have tried pretty much all of the services, and my favorites have been Terra's Kitchen and Purple Carrot. If they have those in your area, you should check them out, too!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Yay!!! I know you're super stoked about having that drop off!

About meal kits: I used to use Hello Fresh, too, and I loved it, but I struggled because I also have a wheat allergy and there weren't enough gluten-free veg options. I have tried pretty much all of the services, and my favorites have been Terra's Kitchen and Purple Carrot. If they have those in your area, you should check them out, too!

Pretty stoked, yep!! I knew I was losing because my clothes are fitting better and I can just kind of feel it, but it's nice when the scale agrees!!

They don't have those services, but there is another one called Marley Spoon that I'm going to try once we get back from my work trip to the States in mid Sept. I think they are the main ones here, though I'll have another look around and see what else has popped up...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    So OF COURSE, my body decided to let go of that weight today the day AFTER my official weigh-in day! RUDE or what (not that it would have made a huge difference - weight is still only 0.8 down from last Friday)??? Hopefully it's over its little temper tantrum and will continue its downward trend... :)

Your word usage cracks me the heck up!! "RUDE", hahahahaha, I couldn't agree more! Here's hoping for a continued downward trend my friend :-)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You're doing great whittling down. Yummy on the hummingbird cake...looks like fresh carrot cake. All your pets- I'd love to live with a lil acreage and have lots of cute cuddly animals. Dogs, cats, a lil goat, a lil sheep, a lil pig ( can they stay little?) I love animals too much tho so I would never be able to leave them. Just sharing my son's cat at the moment....but I'm lovin' that <3
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Kudos Sarah! You're doing great! Congratulations on hitting the 170's :smiley: I am sure you are now going to see the 160's pretty soon! Keep up the good work :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ditto! We're pet people here! We're gone too much for a dog but Nikki (my sister) might be getting a "boy smidge" today! Smidge is the name of my lil fur baby... Ill post pics tomrw but she's a white persian himilayan... If we get him I'll post those pics too :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Ditto! We're pet people here! We're gone too much for a dog but Nikki (my sister) might be getting a "boy smidge" today! Smidge is the name of my lil fur baby... Ill post pics tomrw but she's a white persian himilayan... If we get him I'll post those pics too :)
    Ooooo, yes, please post pictures!! We have two ragdolls and one of unknown heritage!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    So for a couple of seconds this morning, I saw 79.9 kg on the scale.... Then it flipped back to 80! I will be so happy to see the 80kg decade gone, seeing as there are 22 lbs in a kg decade, they are major milestones. Plus, I've been in the same decade since I started this in May. Maybe tomorrow!!!

So I had a little uptick on Sunday morning but dropped back down to a new low today. So close to the end of the month and I don't think I'll be making my August goal of 174 lbs! Though never say never, I guess...

Can't believe it's almost September, not really looking forward to the heat. We probably have another 6-8 weeks before the humidity really sets in... Having said that, at least I will be less fat this year, which always makes the heat somewhat more bearable.

aa935gicmj39.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't reach your goal for the month you're still doing great!!! :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'll trade places with you! You're doing fantastic :p