Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Salmon is probably my favorite food in the whole world. I would eat it for desert after eating ice-cream!. That looks fantastic!
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @barbheart , we are so proud of you, congrats !
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi guys no pictures today i was so hungry I ate it merciless hahah
    I went carb today, had 3 mini sandwiches similar to the ones of yesterday one smaller and an awesome salad with cabagge, feta, tomato, rucula (rocket) onion oregano olive oil and avc
    AND for desert I had a fairly nice size of a kefir with blueberries that alone was 320 calories!!!

All thru the night I was having this type of hunger that says, hey Barb, come on feed me... I knew I had to go higher in calories today...
    Also was gonna start another 48h fast but have decided after listening to the hunger pangs that I will leave it for another week and carry on.

Its incredible cause I feel the days i am loosing weight from those I dont.
    Hope you guys are doing "awesomely" this week end!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Same here, I can predict pretty accurately when I'm losing. You can just feel it.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Hi guys no pictures today i was so hungry I ate it merciless hahah
    I went carb today, had 3 mini sandwiches similar to the ones of yesterday one smaller and an awesome salad with cabagge, feta, tomato, rucula (rocket) onion oregano olive oil and avc
    AND for desert I had a fairly nice size of a kefir with blueberries that alone was 320 calories!!!

All thru the night I was having this type of hunger that says, hey Barb, come on feed me... I knew I had to go higher in calories today...
    Also was gonna start another 48h fast but have decided after listening to the hunger pangs that I will leave it for another week and carry on.

Its incredible cause I feel the days i am loosing weight from those I dont.
    Hope you guys are doing "awesomely" this week end!

That's right, listening to our body and what it wants is key! Refeeding is necessary and you obviously were in need it. Hugs your way!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Yes Sandy... being wise and prudent here... not wanting to undereat...
    Its awesome Jim... love the feeling of dropping weight hurrey! I can´t wait to show you a super picture but still a long way! LOL
  • jvcinv
    Options
    Its awesome Jim... love the feeling of dropping weight hurrey! I can´t wait to show you a super picture but still a long way! LOL

It is a long way, a long journey and I think we have to stay in the "marathon" mindset as opposed to a sprint.
    I've been holding off posting a recent pic, wanting to go for maximum before/after impact. Lol
  • barbheart
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »

It is a long way, a long journey and I think we have to stay in the "marathon" mindset as opposed to a sprint.
    I've been holding off posting a recent pic, wanting to go for maximum before/after impact. Lol

well Jim your pics are already awesome!!!! How long was it for you? less than 10 months?...
    gosh you boys are so lucky dropping so easily!
  • jvcinv
    Options
    For me it's one year on August 29th.
  • barbheart
    Options
    Wow let´s celebrate your year!!! Are you going to do something special that day????
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Had this cabbage salad (it also has fetta forgot to write it down) with a tuna fish sandwich and a natural yogurt.This is my 3rd eating carbs, and by the taste of the bread I can feel I am desiring to reduce my carb intake again...so I am really seeing a cyclic pattern here going on... last week I had 48h fast followed by 2 days with no carb or at least no bread, pasta, rice, potato, starchs... and 3 days where I had sandwich (bread). Its interesting to see...

1q37j0vhnsey.jpg
  • jvcinv
    Options
    I've not planned any celebration for one year, truthfully at this point for me every day is a celebration.

About that salad, wow it's looks amazing, and your photos are magazine quality, so professional.
    But what is rocket?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Rocket = arugula = roquette (plus I think it has a bunch of other names!!)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Nice salad!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Rocket = arugula = roquette (plus I think it has a bunch of other names!!)

Right. For those (like me) who don't do salads, you can just take a nutribullet and smoothie arugula with nothing but water and you are done with getting your dark leafy green requirements. Just tastes like chlorophyl. Not bad after the third or fourth time. Actually tasty. But don't do it too often because of the oxalate content = kidney stones.
  • barbheart
    Options
    Right Rucula es rocket sorry didn´t know how its called in the US , thanks Sarah for clarifying.
    Tks Joe for the advice not to overdo!

Well Jim I think we ought to celebrate your victory! even if its shouting out loud a huge HURREY to you from all the corners of the world!!!! I will certainly do so on the 29th!!! count on that! :)
  • barbheart
    Options
    I wish you loved salads Joe, they are such an easy way to just shove all your greens and just dress them easily and eat them it can do a nice meal all by itself on any food type diet, be it ketogenic, vegan,omnivore, low fat, high fat whatever...even high carb salads if you add in pasta, rice, bread crumbs...

I am researching more to optimize my diet...again I have to admit the days I do more high fat low carb those days I feel I drop more...

Also really looking into ways to reduce the insuline resistance besides my fasts, to really kick start my fat burning...

So I am making a list of those keto foods that I naturally like that could support a reduction in my carb intake. Sugars seem to be under control as I am not feeling cravings for sugar but bread oh boy bread... lol
  • barbheart
    Options

About that salad, wow it's looks amazing, and your photos are magazine quality, so professional.

Jim you wont believe it but its my iphone and I just shoot the pict once without any further attempts and without thinking much LOL i do happen to make some nice shots :) Never got into photography couldn´t follow thru any instructions from my father LOL

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Jim you wont believe it but its my iphone and I just shoot the pict once without any further attempts and without thinking much LOL i do happen to make some nice shots :) Never got into photography couldn´t follow thru any instructions from my father LOL

Jim is right, and it looks like it should be on the cover of a magazine :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Is very nice photos!