Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'd try to hold on a little more before changing anything... Are you eating so that you are satisfied each day? I'd say maybe you should actually be eating more calories, but I keep reading all this stuff about just eating to satiety, so maybe that's not the best plan...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I'd try to hold on a little more before changing anything... Are you eating so that you are satisfied each day? I'd say maybe you should actually be eating more calories, but I keep reading all this stuff about just eating to satiety, so maybe that's not the best plan...

Actually i find hard to count calories and maybe I am eating more. when i do my salad I pour olive oil over it without measuring much or controlling and each spoon of olive oil is quite caloric so... I guess I could be hitting 1500-1600 quite easily...

Yes it could be down to just waiting for the body to adapt to this new lifestyle rather than trying to push into some new direction. I was really considering a 6 days fast to kick start things ...

Yes I trully eat till fully satisfied!!!

because I am not technie I dont use the fitness pal to create wonderful charts but basically

Starting weight: 321.8 lbs
    CW: 311.7
    Goal: 165 (for starters)
    Need to drop: 146 bs

Just measured my self to keep a track on that too
  • barbheart
    Options
    Anyhow, no worries I stop moaning and carry on as I am doing...LOL lets see next week how things go
  • barbheart
    Options
    Today... I dont think this reaches 1200 calories though...maybe will treat myself with raw Cacao drink and xylitol

Been told by some OMad buddies that I need to chill out...i think so.. my mind gets into wanting things fast...sodd the mind...

p9cz0snj43c9.jpg

• ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am new to OMAD and my body is different. Maybe your needs more time to adjust to OMAD?
    In your shoes, I would stick to OMAD, and reduce carbs a bit. 200 grams is better than nothing, be positive !
  • barbheart
    Options
    Yes when I reduce carbs I drop weight for sure but is it sustainable? that was the basis of my yoyo dieting in the past. I cut carbs and I loose then I reintroduce them and I gain...need to find my sweet spot! thanks @ooliviuoo
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful and healthy looking meal, Barbara! You absolutely DO NOT need to reduce calories when living a fasting lifestyle. You've lost weight and are further now than when you started. You are doing great! Remember, in the next week or so, you may have that "whoosh" happen. For now, you are losing, maybe not as fast as you want, but losing nonetheless. Don't you change a thing. Losing slow doesn't equal a plateau, by the way. ;)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Such BEAUTIFUL views! I am SO jealous!!!

I am struggling with eating enough calories most days, and I think it might result in a weight gain or slow loss. I just don't like to stuff myself too much, I'm still battling a little with food guilt, and vegan food tends to take up a lot of volume for very little calories. But I have seen my mother under-eat my entire life. For the past few years, she's only been eating a plain salad once a day and she will go on 4-mile walks in the morning. She firmly believes that the less she eats the better. And then she doesn't understand why she binges after a few days or weeks. And to top it off: her weight hasn't budged and she still wears the same clothes she's been wearing since she adopted the once daily salad habit. I keep telling her she needs to eat more to fuel her body and her exercise, but she won't listen to me. I have tried to talk to her about her disordered eating, but she won't hear it.
    All that to say, you are probably not eating enough, especially with your walking. I don't calorie count, either, but maybe doing it for a few days to get an idea of what x amount of calories looks like will be good just so you know for the future. I will definitely be doing that myself and/or working on food guilt. I don't want to end up like my mother.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    That's a beautiful and healthy looking meal, Barbara! You absolutely DO NOT need to reduce calories when living a fasting lifestyle. You've lost weight and are further now than when you started. You are doing great! Remember, in the next week or so, you may have that "whoosh" happen. For now, you are losing, maybe not as fast as you want, but losing nonetheless. Don't you change a thing. Losing slow doesn't equal a plateau, by the way. ;)

I agree with this!!! You're down 10 pounds in a month which averages out to 2.5 pounds a week, which is FABULOUS! I know we like seeing the numbers, but I promise you, you're doing good things! I also kind of agree you might want to increase your calories a little bit...on my normal eating days, MOST of the time I'm well up to 1800-2200 (sometimes WAY more) and I'm averaging a loss of 2.6 a week...now I do 1-3 full fasting days a week so maybe it doesn't have to be THAT high, but try bumping it up a little for a few weeks and see what happens! :) If not, just stay the course and trust the process...I know that's easier said then done, but if you do, you WILL see results! :)
  • barbheart
    Options

I agree with this!!! You're down 10 pounds in a month which averages out to 2.5 pounds a week, which is FABULOUS! I know we like seeing the numbers, but I promise you, you're doing good things! I also kind of agree you might want to increase your calories a little bit...on my normal eating days, MOST of the time I'm well up to 1800-2200 (sometimes WAY more) and I'm averaging a loss of 2.6 a week...now I do 1-3 full fasting days a week so maybe it doesn't have to be THAT high, but try bumping it up a little for a few weeks and see what happens! :) If not, just stay the course and trust the process...I know that's easier said then done, but if you do, you WILL see results! :)

Yeah but you are fasting 3 days a week and you are much younger than me... and probably much more active than me. When I do not do my miles I could be walking barely 2000 steps a day...

But again enough complaining on my side, just keep going! thanks folks! a rant here and there is always a good rant lol but I am done with this rant! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »

Yeah but you are fasting 3 days a week and you are much younger than me... and probably much more active than me. When I do not do my miles I could be walking barely 2000 steps a day...

But again enough complaining on my side, just keep going! thanks folks! a rant here and there is always a good rant lol but I am done with this rant! :)

I'm fasting 2 days most week, though one and 2 mini fasts this week. Age has almost nothing to do with it, IMO. Maybe a TINY bit in the metabolism area, but that's debatable depending on your research. I assure you I am as INACTIVE as can be. I work a desk job, and I NEVER go out of my way to do anything more than normal daily stuff. I bet I don't even hit 2000 a day to be honest with you.

I hope your rant helped you :) Sometimes you just have to GET IT OUT! Even eating 1600 a day straight OMAD with LITERALLY no activity, I still lose...but honestly your results are great! 10 pounds a month is MONEY :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Barbara, rants are always welcome! We certainly can't go to people we know who have no clue about fasting, so this is the place to do it. :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I'm not convinced that age has anything to do with it either... I do exercise but only walking and now 3 times a week for 20 mins on the bike. I'm just eating whatever I feel like and still losing and we are the exact same age! :)

There is a lot of talk about insulin resistance and healing your body before it will release the weight on the OMAD FB pages. Not sure how much truth there is to that stuff, mind you, but it's definitely worth considering. On one of the IF podcasts they actually talk about how it's common for people to lose nothing in the first 3 weeks or so...

And yeah, 10 lbs in a month is awesome!!

And rant away - I love ranting - I am awesome at it!!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Btw, keep n mind that if you lost 10 lbs every month you would weigh 120 lbs less in a year... Not too bad really!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Btw, keep n mind that if you lost 10 lbs every month you would weigh 120 lbs less in a year... Not too bad really!!!

#GIRLPREACH
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I can lose 3-lbs at will going low carb and can gain it back in a day eating carbs. Also there are TOM issues for women. You cannot tell what is going on day to day or week to week due to water fluctuations due mostly the two things I just mentioned above. You have to look at longer trends (a month or so). When you look at your trends, your'e doing great so ignore a water fluctuation cause that is all it is!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Such BEAUTIFUL views! I am SO jealous!!!

I am struggling with eating enough calories most days, and I think it might result in a weight gain or slow loss. I just don't like to stuff myself too much, I'm still battling a little with food guilt, and vegan food tends to take up a lot of volume for very little calories. But I have seen my mother under-eat my entire life. For the past few years, she's only been eating a plain salad once a day and she will go on 4-mile walks in the morning. She firmly believes that the less she eats the better. And then she doesn't understand why she binges after a few days or weeks. And to top it off: her weight hasn't budged and she still wears the same clothes she's been wearing since she adopted the once daily salad habit. I keep telling her she needs to eat more to fuel her body and her exercise, but she won't listen to me. I have tried to talk to her about her disordered eating, but she won't hear it.
    All that to say, you are probably not eating enough, especially with your walking. I don't calorie count, either, but maybe doing it for a few days to get an idea of what x amount of calories looks like will be good just so you know for the future. I will definitely be doing that myself and/or working on food guilt. I don't want to end up like my mother.

Is your mother thin? Does she have much energy/strength?
  • barbheart
    Options

And rant away - I love ranting - I am awesome at it!!!

You´re funny!!!!!!!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Yes folks thank you so much for your help support your views and ideas!
    Its just a matter of DOING IT ...keep going...and specially not comparing...

I just freaked out because I saw the slowing down of the trend and it made me think I was hitting stagnation well too early on my path...that´s all but again that´s just a fear in the mind projecting future problems..and its a con... see how a thought can ruin a good day if you let it ?...

hugs to all!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @barbheart, yes, our thoughts can sometimes not only ruin a good day, but a good week, month, or year! lol We just have to shove Negative Nancy out the door super hard sometimes to get ourselves straight again. What better way to do so than vent about her manipulative and negative ways and get support to shove her out of the brain with all the support. :-)