Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Your meal looks mouthwatering! About 3 1/2 hours to go for my meal. Can't wait! And congratulations on losing 1.1 inches even though you have that full feeling! Way to go, so happy for you :)

@jvcinv, lol, when I read your reply I thought of Both Jerry McGuire, as well as the Doug Heffemen character from King Of Queens who said, "I would eat my own foot if it were deep fried and wrapped with bacon" :smiley:
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have to share this picture of my Paleo days... it was such a beautiful shot!...
    I guess I could eat this now too...this was just my breakfast...eggs and peperoni
    and earl gray and the awesome views from my home sweet home!
    We called the eating style Happy Winter Paleo, it was one of the most restrictive Paleos..I lasted 3 months dropped 13kilos but regain them was not sustainable too many proteins...and missed carbs.

63q7ixhesyrk.jpg

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hey Barbara! Just went through your thread on all the updates. I have done low carb for more than 2 months and saw very good results. However, doing low carb also resulted in slow losses in between. This is simply because losing weight is against our bodies' natural process. Our bodies take time to adapt to a new weight and then, once its adjusted to a new low, it then gets ready to go down further. Also, low carb got really boring for me after those 2 months. So now I am back to my normal meals where I include adequate whole carbs and in fact, I have been doing vegan for a while. No milk products and it feels great. I do intend to include non-veg and eggs soon again. I did see a gain when I re-introduced carbs. But Its also going down slowly owing to OMAD. Its more sustainable and keeps me satisfied for the entire fasting period of 23 hrs. I suggest you keep doing what you're doing. Eat till u feel satisfied. As it is you are making healthy choices. You will eventually make it :smiley: Just relax and enjoy this journey while it lasts :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Inch reduction is a big win! Nice work barb!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    I have to share in 2 days my waist has shrunk 3cm which is 1.1 inches...uh? unbelievable I dont even feel the change inside me... but I really measured to prove me wrong but nope... 3cm less in the waist in 2 days!
    Plus I am measuring just after lunch with belly full...

AWESOME!!!

I love bacon on my bacon :p
  • barbheart
    Options
    @mikseyniha thanks for sharing your journey...Indeed I want to find something sustainable that help me drop weight, be healthy and support regeneration and anti aging although I am not against aging just healthy aging if any... lol
    its a work in process, for great starters, I am fasting which is unbelievable for me... a miracle! now I just need to find the best meal plan for me and it will vary as we are not inmutable beings!...

@brendagaudette lol... does that mean you are doing keto or just loving bacon with bacon?
  • Brendalea69
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @barbheart I only do low carb on my OMAD days, but I will eat bacon anytime :p
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the inch losses - and that's really what it's all about - wearing smaller clothes! (Or maybe that's just me... lol!)
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So awesome!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Awesome on the inch losses - and that's really what it's all about - wearing smaller clothes! (Or maybe that's just me... lol!)

Being able to hike easier is what it is all about for me!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »

Being able to hike easier is what it is all about for me!

Yeah - that's a good one too!! :)
  • barbheart
    Options
    Well after my meal yesterday with so much bacon (I didn´t realize I ate almost a whole pack 150 grams of bacon!) I am still satisfied today...and I feel lighter and thinner in my belly...
    its not that I wanna go the keto way but... I wouldn´t mind combining some keto principles with omad... yet I dont want to cut off totally carbs as this would not be a sustainable lifestyle for me but...maybe for now I could do some days keto-ish and other meals carb conscious...

@blambo61 I totally get you, my whole body is dying to get more sport in my life and I am waiting for it... I will be flying with a thinner body!!!! even now I am highly impressed at how good recovery I get through fasting after doing my miles. Other years I ended up totally flatten out..

@minigrrl yep...fitting in awesome clothes...I have been for years wearing clothes I trully dont like not even my style cause the overweight fashion industry sucks... if i drop all i need to drop someone is gonna have to close my pocket so I dont go crazy shopping for nice outfits!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fashion is a big motivation for sure!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Nothing wrong with combining low carb with OMAD, I've done it since the beginning and now I'm doing it only on my OMAD days :)
  • barbheart
    edited July 2017
    Options
    hello folks...feeling lighter from my keto lunch yesterday...was gonna carry on with a longer fast but hubby made himself a sandwich and ... I decided to join him. Today I ate 2 small sandwiches with omelette salami en cheddar cheese, plus a natural bio yogurt and 2 pieces of chocolate (dark85%) I am sure I am beyond my minimum calories but considering I wasnt going to eat its pretty good. Sodd the salads and the veggies today! LOL
    No walking today... just downtown to see a friend.
    Have a nice day guys!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you find yourself feeling lighter! If you want to do low carb, you should go for it, especially if it makes you feel better. And being mindful of carbs is a good way to add them in when you want. Enjoy your beautiful day!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I'm glad you find yourself feeling lighter! If you want to do low carb, you should go for it, especially if it makes you feel better. And being mindful of carbs is a good way to add them in when you want. Enjoy your beautiful day!

The only time I focus on carbs is to eat more volume of food, and boy does it let me! So if I feel like it, I'll low carb it on occasion...it does make me feel good, but not extensively enough to do it on the regular or go out of my way...I'm glad you're feelin' good Barb! ROCKIN' IT lady!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I like being carb free, but I just can't keep it up. Sometimes I feel like it is all or nothing with the carbs.
  • barbheart
    Options
    yes...what a story with carbs!
  • barbheart
    Options
    But i tell you I got the feeling yesterday´s bacon worked somekind of magic on me cause I feel slimmer...