Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi folks no Omad photo today I am on a 48h fast... I kind of followed the lack of hunger of my body ....

http://www.burnfatnotsugar.com/macrocalc/index.html

I just measured myself with this calculator and as some previous doctor told me in the past, I have quite a fair bit of muscle so this means I dont need to reach an ideal weight that is totally unrealistic as when I reached it in the past I looked unhealthyly skinny... so this is my new official goal...need to just drop 114 pounds rather than 154... big difference.
    At least will make this my new goal and see how I go after that...

:) happy as Larry

Plus I am on a low carb mission... plan to do 48h fasts whenever I can within reason and eat the rest of my Omad more less as follows: 4 days low carb and 1 day carb conscious. so, 2 days fast, 5 days omad low carb, 1 day omad carb conscious
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    See, Barbara, I'm not the only one who thinks your photos are super high quality and thinks they should be out there. Lol

Love your plan, btw!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your new plan! And awesome about the less weight to lose - can't beat that!! :)
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    pbrxmipootao.jpg

Hello Omad family!!!
    My second 48h fast was a smooth surf!!! indeed this is like building a fast muscle...it gets better as you go with it. I am also conscious that there will be sometimes with powerful detoxing going on and thus we cannot assume an easy surf per se... the body is indeed healing big time!

Here was my meal today.. started with 2 tbsp of avc dilluted in water, then this meal with a salad and a stirr fry.
    salad: arugola, celery, raw broccoli, onions tomato, chia seeds, cheddar cheese avc olive oil oregano
    Stirr fry: cabbage, garlic, oil, bacon
    Dessert: 2 small pieces dark organic choco 86%
    my drink today: 3 sips of kombucha and a Chaga mushroom infusion.

Didn´t feel loosing weight during this fast but felt less inflamed and more flexibility, skin super smooth, stretching exercises showing greater flex

Reading several old books on fasting to nourish my mind and get more inspired to continue this journey I am loving my 48h weekly fasts, if it feels ok, I might carry one with 1 48h per week and rest Omad and low carb higher fat for the rest of the week.

I have decided that my splurge time is within my OMAD and it will be then when I will eat some carbs in a conscious way. I have NOT splurged any day since I started OMAD. Clean fasts and clean Omad. hurrey! No desire to splurge whatsoever!

I have clearly detected that my addiction is the carbs not so much the sweets so I need to be working on the addiction. Best resource for that is the fast and improving my food choices for my Omad meals.

I am gonna win this battle!.

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You will win for sure. I have confidence in you.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    You're doing so great Barb! And I agree with everyone else, those pictures are definitely magazine Worthy! I'm so glad to see that as I'm getting back into my routine all of my trusty people are here, it makes me super happy <3
  • barbheart
    Options
    You will win for sure. I have confidence in you.

Thank you Tracey!!!! I am inspired by you and our fellow companions in the path! :)
    You're doing so great Barb! And I agree with everyone else, those pictures are definitely magazine Worthy! I'm so glad to see that as I'm getting back into my routine all of my trusty people are here, it makes me super happy <3

Thank you Steph good to see you are back on track after your settling in! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options

Thank you Steph good to see you are back on track after your settling in! :)[/quote]

You know, it really hasn't been that bad it just doesn't feel as structured as I'm used to which somehow freaks me out a little bit? LOL, however in a few moments I will let you know how much damage I did :p I don't think it'll be too bad though o:)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job on the longer fasts!

That's totally the beauty of OMAD - every meal feels like a splurge because you can just eat what you want and not have to worry about calories or carbs or macros or points or any of those other crazy things we have been told we have to count to lose weight... Obviously we want to eat for health, but that's just common sense - all of the counting doesn't seem like common sense to me at all - totally unsustainable.
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww GLUCOSE LEVELS AT 80 !!!!! with all the overweight I have that is super super good!!!! amazing

the funky thing is that before going to the chemist and without prior knowing of sugar levels I said to myself, its gonna be 80...well guess what it was 80!!! wow super intuition!!!!

Not that I ever had glucose high but I went to the chemist to have it check to see how I was doing ...

Yeahhh super happy... I am not even close to high levels which start at 120...

Super happy!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Yes Sarah @minigrrl thats the beauty we have the freedom to eat as we wish and make the best possible choices for ourselves which may not work for others LOL...

Steph! gonna read your thread to see what happened with you !
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    I am gonna win this battle!.

Love your attitude !

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Great NSV, Barbara, I know you're a happy camper! You're doing fantastic, sweet lady! :)
  • barbheart
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Great NSV, Barbara, I know you're a happy camper! You're doing fantastic, sweet lady! :)

Thank you Sandy!!!! keep going keep getting better each day hurrey! no turning back. I have several t shirts different sizes all the same cut and I am now using the second lowest size so that´s great... pity I bought too many of the bigger size for the summer as I wasnt planning on dropping weight until life took me into all of this!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Poor thing, having to go and get smaller shirts! Lol
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Great job on the glucose levels!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    That's an amazing non scale Victory Barb! Well done, super proud of you!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Naughty Sandy! lol!... you wait and see... I am going to wait a bit more before I go and ravage the stores LOL
  • barbheart
    Options
    Thank you Sammy!!!! Thank You Steph!!!! <3<3
  • barbheart
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Guys today no picture it wasn´t amazingly artistic... I have been 2 days sort of Ketogenic and seeing how I am shrinking volume... and feeling great.
    I made a soup cream with zuccinis and butter, coconut oil cheddar cheese and pepper ...yummie
    and an organic chicken "churrasco" its like a steak but chicken plain chicken I did it with butter following this guideline of the ketos to raise your fats
    a piece of dark chocolate 86% organic
    and Chaga mushroom drink

Prior to that broke my fast with 2 tbsp avc dilluted.

I am feeling great not missing breads and heavier carbs and plan to continue this way until body asks for some carbs... then will reassess the situation!...

Intuition is heightened and energetic vibrations throughout the body specially at night time could well be the fatburning...