Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    LOL Sandy... crazy pants!...

Ok today I am still fully committed to OMAD, super enthusiastic, I am determined to add the walking miles to this as I have been too sedentary and I can trully do my walkings ... I am seeing already much more improvements by the clothes... legs and waist... even my arms...did some light weights yesterday...
    Plan to stick to 3 miles per day plus stretching and some toning exercises and see how I go from there... building up strength for a goal of 5 miles per day...

I feel super confident
    I am also refining my foods...I am down to 1 biscuit a day instead of 3, specially when I found it was 200 calories!!!! No way I had to drop em... also not drinking cacao drink which is also quite caloric but will drink it whenever I fancy if I callibrate well my meals...

Adding the beans, chia seeds, to my salads is a great way..I am finding that salads is the best way for me to eat coz I can fill it with super healthy foods without having to cook too much...
    My salad today had all organic: onions, tomatoes, lettuce, rucula, spinach, purple cabbage, carrot, eggs, chia seeds, white beans, apple cider vinegar, olive oil.

Then I ate one chicken organic burger relatively small.
    1 biscuit.2 spoons of potato starch diluted in water.

Ate in 30 min. Back to fasting. I love my fasting moments...
    Did 2 miles in the morning plus stretching
    took a nap after lunch
    Now its afternoon will do another mile plus stretching plus a vibrator machine 20 min.

I need to find time to work with all this.. writing a booklet currently...
  • barbheart
    Options
    forgot to add advocado and cheddar cheese to the salad. Yummie super filling
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @barbheart, crazy pants, indeed! lol

Sounds like a nice Omad day and nice exercise as well!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking about an extended fast and decided against it. I've been doing fine with OMAD. I actually really enjoy it. I will be 48 in November and have been in menopause for five years now. I hear you ladies when you say you don't want to go into these next ten years gaining every year, as I have in the past. I now feel like I have some control over that and what a relief!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Yum! That salad sounds amazing! Great job on sticking with your goals :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Fully committed, now that's what I like to read :)
  • barbheart
    Options
    thank you Ladies!!! @gomissfitnes I hear you I am 49 and menopausal or almost post menopausal ...me neither I don´t want to pick up pounds just for the sake of picking them due to aging!...

Today I had pasta with salad... and my regular biscuit ... was gonna eat also some salmon but... didnt need to. Its also my rest day fitness wise... I am trying to see what happens with me as I eat carbs such as pasta. When I do not eat many carbs I feel my body loosing more volume... but I also need to find some kind of balance because if I go too restrictive in my diet plus the fasting I´d feel as if I am dieting and fasting and then its like a double effort.

I love my fasting times but I also want to be able to eat everything in my meal and still drop weight...lets see how my weight is on tuesday when I will weight myself again...

Meanwhile I am kind of in shock of my actual weight and I am also finding that I have much more muscles than 2 years ago so I wonder how much of my extra weight is muscles besides the fat.

My body becomes muscular very easily... just lifting a few weights and that´s it, a muscle appears...

But my goal is to drop weight, drop sizes and feel fit and healthy...
    for the time being I feel as if I am carrying a backpack of 120lbs of rocks!

Okey I am rambling and almost moaning without reason so back to my positive and up beat state!
    Happy sunday all! :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Barb, your posts always make me smile. I don't think you'll have any trouble dropping weight and fitting into smaller sizes with your attitude. You've got this :-)
  • barbheart
    Options
    LOL Sandy I have a long way to go better be happy and joyfully walking in that direction, right???? Besides you guys have set a high standard in terms of achievements so I better catch UP with you!!!!! LOL!... I love your new hat you look awesome with it! Great job with the smoking hurrey! so happy for you!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Yeah, it's so not fair that men lose so fast and it seems like we have to struggle for every gram!

I think we can lose faster cause we have a larger amount of potential deficits due to higher BMR than women and higher cals used during exercise. My BMR is about 2000kcal. My TDEE is between 2500 and 3200 if I'm exercising or not. That gives me a lot of room to have large deficits (I can have a single day 3200 cal deficit if I exercise and don't eat). If the women do a lot of low intensity exercise, the TDEE will be up and you can have larger deficits too but they will never be as much as the guys for the same amount of exercise and the BMR will not be as high either. Sorry but I don't see a way around it.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Sounds like your really getting into the walking. Just be careful and don't go too fast. I've been injured numerous times trying to do too much. It can be very discouraging. Personally, I wouldn't walk more than 3xweek so your feet and joints can get a rest and I would definitely keep the intensity down and increase the distance slowly. If you want more exercise than that, I would augment it with swimming or biking. Good luck.
  • barbheart
    Options
    Thanks @blambo61 1 for the info and the sound advice. I will be mindful and careful about how my body and joints feel. But so far so good the body is totally loving it. I am not very active normally so this is almost my only time of the day moving normally ...
    I spend long hours at the computer writing.

My BMR calculate somewhere on some app is 2000 so there is room for me to create caloric deficit. I estimate I burn 480 to 500 calories in my 3 fitness miles due to my weight (315lbs)
    So there is more room for weight loss if I move.

Been doing some weights with 3kilos per arm this morning and it feels also fine,gentle.

As for food I had a salad, with 2 medium size toasts of whole bread and tahini on it. Plus a biscuit and a bit of kombucha.

Happy week to all!
  • barbheart
    Options
    4 miles
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your walk!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    4 miles is epic... That's almost 6.5 km!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Wow, Barb, nice walk!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Thanks @blambo61 1 for the info and the sound advice. I will be mindful and careful about how my body and joints feel. But so far so good the body is totally loving it. I am not very active normally so this is almost my only time of the day moving normally ...
    I spend long hours at the computer writing.

My BMR calculate somewhere on some app is 2000 so there is room for me to create caloric deficit. I estimate I burn 480 to 500 calories in my 3 fitness miles due to my weight (315lbs)
    So there is more room for weight loss if I move.

Been doing some weights with 3kilos per arm this morning and it feels also fine,gentle.

As for food I had a salad, with 2 medium size toasts of whole bread and tahini on it. Plus a biscuit and a bit of kombucha.

Happy week to all!

Great that your liking the walking! Still be careful because often the first warning is an injury. Sometimes prevention is key. I've been through this many many times and a lb of prevention is worth way more than a lb of cure!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Ok @blambo61 I will be mindful!...

TODAYS NEWS...i HAVE OFFICIALLY DROPPED 10 POUNDS IN 28 DAYS not bad for being 49, menopausal with sluggish thyroids and metabolism.
    Since I´ve picked up walking I feel I am dropping volume size by the seconds!
    Hurrey!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Ok @blambo61 I will be mindful!...

TODAYS NEWS...i HAVE OFFICIALLY DROPPED 10 POUNDS IN 28 DAYS not bad for being 49, menopausal with sluggish thyroids and metabolism.
    Since I´ve picked up walking I feel I am dropping volume size by the seconds!
    Hurrey!

You ARE success!
  • barbheart
    Options
    Tks so much JOE!!! you are my inspiration! :)