Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,069 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Great job with the runs and exercise plan. I haven't run over any of the FL bridges yet, but imagine they are hard. The wind makes it worse.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @ddmom0811 I like grammarly. I can't spell and need all the help I can get, It does a good job catching those sentences that are fine in your head, but dont seem to make it to the hands correctly. It likes to use the comma with "and" while most others don't. But I think that is neither here nor there as both are acceptable if I remember right.
    I may re-down load it, I lost it when my computer went blue death.

@shanaber It's windy here too. The snow is almost gone. Another MFP group? I should be jealous!

I am behind in school stuff.
    LOL! all those snow days and I got lazy. I was shocked to open my planner and see that todays date coincided with due dates!

I keep eating too much.

My pain is better today. Turmeric may have helped. So... I don't wanna go to neuro now. I am fine.

My scale is up.

No walk. DH said it was too wet to get out. Fine, I just watched hulu all day yesterday.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Cats are here to destroy the world. Cori...
    He's hit that rotten stage. He's 17 years old and a wild man. LOL! Least he won't crash the car and he'll just wake you, trip you, bite you, knock the plant over and steal your food. LOL!

I'm up too early. Someone was starvin'.
    ...And I keep have this dream that seems so real. I think I may need professional help on this one. I had a hand in hiding a body, buried an old person half alive and the cops just found the body. It's not a dream, I wake and am spinning, "how?, I had nothing to do with it" but it's in my yard (old house), or in an outdoor closet.. I can't find the details in my head, my heart is heavy, I can feel the responsibility of it. I have had it for 10 years or so off and on. Swear I've done nothing of the sort, is it a repressed memory? Is it someone else's memory? I tried to rationalize it that it was my failure as parent, Alex of course. It is bothersome. I think I should figure this out, something deep is trying to surface?

On to checking the usually AM "what's going on" on FB. One of Alex's childhood friend is having a tough go. This poor girl has lost so many people, a blessing that she had them to lose, but it seems losing a family member is as regular as that electric bill. She lost her mom to a home invasion when she was 15ish too. She's about 3-4 hours from me, I offered to come see her and take her out come spring in all of the precautionary COVID glory or send her a care package. Least the dream and Cori's hunger gave me the chance to connect with her, hopefully offer any sort of peace.

The boys are monsters today. But it is too cute watching them romp and chatter and squeak at each other in their cat love language.

do good today, especially for yourself.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d I hope you got all of your assignments done on time. Glad your pain was better yesterday. Have you looked up your dream on line. I had a lot of weird dreams after my husband died and started looking them up. Sometimes I thought Google was spot on and other times, not so much. But even then, it allowed me to think about it and say, Um no. Maybe it's the opposite.

Ok. Just looked up burying someone alive. Here is what I think may apply to you:

To dream of being buried alive or burying a living person may show that you are trying to repress extreme emotional feelings or put an end to something that has been troubling you but that has still not fully run its course.

A corpse may represent an issue that you wish were “dead and buried.” You may feel emotionally spent and may need to shrug off old prejudices that are preventing you from realizing your growth. The dead body may also represent aspects of yourself that you do not want to accept. You may feel that it is a symbol to show how you are buried in feelings that are overwhelming you. It may express extreme tiredness such as being “dead beat.”
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Wow, thanks for that. I'll try some introspection and seen if I can come to terms with some things and sort that all out.

Now wish me smarts on this exam that I feel ill prepared for. :)
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I keep looking at that explanation trying to connect to all thoae deep feelings. I think I will have to save it so I can revisit it to help. Again thanks.

Rant
    My classmates that I was saddled with for a group project that is 50% of our grade are not interesting or imaginative. We have to do a research project and they pick obesity and lifestyle choices. Ugh. Boring and been done. No one is even going to want to listen to our presentation. One seems a bit "my way", sure knock it out kid. Horrible. I'm depressed to have to research something so droll.

78 on the exam. Perhaps I should be remediated to obesity research. Ugh. 🙃
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Still windy... and it is also hot today, well over 80F! I did chance getting out on the ladder a little to pick tangerines. I had promised to bring some more to agility class again tonight and we ate all that I had previously picked. I am also baking again. I had 6 Granny Smith apples left and saw a recipe for an apple sourdough flatbread. It is made and rising and will be baked soon - not a good day to bake when it is already hot. I will not turn on the AC either, it is just wrong to need to run it in February.
    I ended up doing an at home workout yesterday with @ddmom0811's thought of just 15mins... did some yoga and then told myself I would just do one set of 3 exercises and see how that felt. I ended up doing the 3 sets I set up in my plan, each 3 times thru. So 3 sets of 3 different exercises each 3 times through with 12-15 reps. I kept the weights pretty low since I haven't done them for a while and today I am not (yet) too sore. Then it was cool enough to take Hobbes for a little walk. I Amy take him out today if it cools down a bit more (still 82F) but mostly I need to take a shower before class and cook my bread.

@quilteryoyo - that is so interesting about the dreams. I have never thought to look them up but then I don't usually remember too much about them. I do get these weird deja-vu feelings sometimes that literally stop me in place but I can never figure out what it is related to. It used to happen all the time and then stopped and started again just recently. I always figured it was related to something I had dreamed about but who knows.

@swenson19d - The cats sound so funny. I would be spending all my time watching them! Its not the same but I love to watch Hobbes play. Every night around 7pm he decides to pull out a toy, different one almost every night, and runs around like a crazy dog shaking the toy until someone plays with him. He likes to tug so he and dh go at it for a while and he will run off with the toy and then come back for more. It takes about 20 mins but then he is done and has to take a nap.
    This other MFP group is nothing to be jealous of, just a bunch of older ladies that I am not even sure how I got involved with. Only one of them is really into fitness per se and she also lives in So Cal. She works out, hikes but no longer runs.
    I hope Alex's friend is ok and takes you up on the help. I also always hated group projects especially since it always seemed I go groups like yours or ones that would do nothing and didn't care. Can you pull in the IF aspect with obesity? I have been reading a lot about circadian rhythm and eating to coincide to that and why it makes a difference. They think that is one reason IF works for some people. It has worked well for dh. He has been pretty happy to see his blood sugar numbers continuing to come down and his weight is also dropping a little. He really hasn't significantly changed what he is eating. That is next on my grand plan though 😁
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    You're welcome @swenson19d . I always found the dream interpretations interesting, if nothing else. My guess would be it has to do with Alex, unless you had the dreams before he passed. 78 isn't horrible. I know it's not the 100 you like, but it's okay. Yeah. Obesity and lifestyle choices certainly isn't a new concept. Maybe you can do some research on the government recommendations (food and exercise), how they have changed over the years, and whether it really made a difference in the health of Americans. I'm currently of the opinion that all of the low fat stuff thrown at us is unhealthy. Just a thought as to a way to make it a little more interesting and take a different spin on an old subject.
  • swenson19d
    edited February 2021
    Options
    OMG @shanaber yes, I can do some IF stuff. I am trying to think of ways that it shares new info and nothing the class and instructor just check out on because we are terrible. I'll not have it. I have Siri tracking some notes for me for tomorrow when I start my literature search. I get to do the meta-analysis on the data. WHOOO! least that's fun. I was teasing about you about the other group... LOL! but good to know we are your favs.

@quilteryoyo I have always thought dreams had meaning, this one I just could never figure out and yes it it did start before Alex, in fact it began when his behaviour and mental health became an issue. Soo, I could guess that it is because I failed my little brother, he was sexually molested for years and I just didn't understand or have anyone to tell and no one seemed to care and fear of what trouble I'd get into.. so i have that guilt and the guilt of failing Alex. DD is not doing anything with her life, I could feel responsible. She is now without spending money as the card I gave her (Alex's account) was compromised and I may not be able to use it legally... so I have not offered her a replacement. And she was told to get a job. I am waiting for her to need toiletries and have to ask mama for them at 26... Upside is that she is smoking less.

Ok so I need a good cry and to forgive myself or find a way to repent. Anything to quell this angst and judgement to come. Although, if it is mine to bear then I shall take it without qualm.

@quilteryoyo I definitely like the government spin.... corruption in the name of the almighty dollar at the expense of generations! I don't do low fat stuff. The brain is fat, fats are good... well some are. Not ben and jerrys.

Grade.
    It updated and now I am not sure what I made. I track the running points and figure it by difference as a way to predetermine where I am .... it could be a 90.7. Well I wont get my hopes up, but I do hope so. I'm emotional today on 4 hours of sleep so who knows how great my recall was. I feel dumb.

Apple made me inadvertently call a number I had blocked. it called me and I was trying to figure out why it was put through.... grrrr.... then it called me right back. ugh... I found block eventually. Old coworker. he was fine and all but then retired and gave me a card... ugh no buddy. I'm not your kitten. nice fellow and all but dude, not appropriate and you got marriage trouble you should solve them without a third party. well, unless its a therapist or your pastor or a lawyer.

ETA for clarity (still sloppy, Bear barfed had to cwean up awfer the widdle bwear bwear... )
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @shanaber the latest theory I have read on deja vu is that it happens when different parts of your brain get out of sync, so essentially you feel like you are “remembering” rather than experiencing because the part of your brain that labels experiences is lagging the part which has emotional reactions to experiences.

There’s also a condition called “jamais vu” which is the strange sensation that nothing like this has happened before, when in what should be a familiar situation. Jamais vu happens to me sometimes when I am very tired.
  • swenson19d
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile Your dejavu theory sounds like a great explanation. I'm curious about this jamais vu. The mind is a curious thing.

Eta oooh I looked it up. I've had it when I get migraines.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - Interesting - I am going to have to do some research on the deja vu theories. I have never heard of jamais vu so will look at that too.
    @swenson19d - I do think dreams are often connected to stress in your life so any of those things could be causing the dream.
    @quilteryoyo - I have become a firm believer in the 'no diets' diet... Over the years I tried pretty much all of them in one form or another (low-fat, low carb, no carb, etc., etc..). I would lose a pound or two and eventually gain more than I lost. For me at least, and everyone is different of course, not severely limiting anything works the best and I can stay with it. I am trying to watch fats, not limit them but I was seeing the amount of fat calories in my diet really going up so cutting back a little makes sense. I also try to keep it to things like peanut butter or avocado and olive oil as much as possible and not fat from premade foods. The same with sugar from a packaged cookie as opposed to an apple or other fruit. Yes it is still sugar but what else is with it makes such a difference.

I didn't walk yesterday. It was hot and very windy and my hamstring was hurting. So I baked instead 😊 I am going to make bread again today and needed to use some of the discard starter so I found a recipe for a cinnamon apple flatbread. it is really tasty. I used up the last of the Granny Smith apples which was a win too. Next time I think I will make it with Italian seasonings and some mozzarella cheese and maybe olives. It is good reheated and would be great with a bowl of soup or a salad for lunch or dinner.
    We did have agility class last night and I did something I probably shouldn't have and took an Aleve ahead of time. The course was really fun. It had lots of challenging twists and bits up front and parts that required a lot of running on the 2nd half. There was a fast section where I needed to get ahead of Hobbes or at least near him to keep him from going into a tunnel and no matter how fast I ran he just ran faster... we were all laughing afterwards and I was never able to get there in any of the runs. I am sure he was thinking how he could beat me and just run as fast as he wanted cause there's no leash to hold him back 😂
    I am paying the price for it today though. Of course there is no wind and it is beautiful out and would be perfect for a walk... not sure I will get it today though. We'll see.
    We have cooler temps the rest of the week and the winds are coming back. Interesting on our forecast for later this week I saw something I don't think I have seen before - a dew point of 5! Temps are low 60's with very low humidity - of course winds of 20mph.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I think I heard that dreams are your subconscious sorting out your memories, thoughts, emotions and filing them away. As it does that, it looks for things you already know/understand that relates to the emotion/memory to provide context. I usually dream of my mom every night and the dreams center around her suddenly coming back and the house being empty and that I have made some horrible mistake and she wasn't dead.

I wrote a post yesterday but hit "done" vs "post" and lost the whole thing so I took it as a sign to move on.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, the calories were a little high because I got into some Ruffles. I had a good run and really worked on breathing through my nose and using my core/diaphragm. I thought I was going to suffocate. I spent a good portion of the day working on my side hustle, so much so I missed the internet guy ringing my doorbell for 5 min, DH was not thrilled.

Today I woke up hungry and tucked into some food before I sketched out my day in MFP...alas I somehow have only 300 calories for dinner. No exercise planned but I may pull up a 10 min upper body workout on peloton b/c 30 seconds of downward dog yesterday had my shoulders screaming. I am also oddly sore in other places (calves, inner thigh). I got on the scale this morning, I think my running avg app said Iost .5lbs last week, I will take it.

I am going off my calorie estimates from when I did a breathing metabolism test where you breath in a machine for 10 min. I was in a lot better shape back then and had a lot more muscle mass, but the test guy said that my RMR shouldn't change much, but I am suspicious. I feel like your %'s would change your RMR to some degree.

8 day streak! Gonna keep going :)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have the attention span of a squirrel today and the munchies to match...
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I'm with you on the "no diets" diet. I just try to watch portions, and am trying to do more unprocessed foods and healthy fats. I think restricting things too much is just not something you can do for the rest of your life and that's why they fail. Glad you had fun at agility. Hope you recover from it soon!

@CMorning99 I hope the munchies go away. Maybe have some raw veggies.

I've lost track of some of the things I have told you all. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer all the time. Anyway - the good news is that the part is in for my heat pump, it's going to be sunny tomorrow, so they are coming in the morning to put fix it! I hope it's fixed for good this time!

Bad news is that my cousin has been in the hospital since Feb 14. He became confused and disoriented, so the assisted living place sent him to the VA for evaluation. He isn't getting any better, as of now. In fact, he's a little worse because he is being combative - hitting and spitting on the staff and cussing and calling them some really not nice things. They have done lots and lots of tests and can't figure out why this is happening. The symptoms are similar to what happened in 2020, but then he was hypoxic. Now, his oxygen level is great on room air. They are going to try to do another CT of his brain tomorrow and see if anything has changed that they can see. They did give him something this afternoon to calm him down and he was sleeping when I called them around 5pm. They do not know, of course, how long he will be in the hospital or in this state. I talked to the assisted living director - she is going to check but thinks that Medicaid won't pay anything for his room there as long as he is in the hospital. He can't afford to pay for it without their help for more than a month or so. I understand, but what are people supposed to do. That's his home. He'll have nowhere to go again if he doesn't get better soon. The VA social worker and I will have to figure out something.

Good news: I was able to talk to the correct people at the VA regarding dad's bills. They are going to call the hospital to tell them what they need to do and said if I get any bills to call the provider and tell them where they need to send the bill and if I have any trouble to call them back and they'll take care of it. At least that is taken care of.

I'm stress eating. Trying not to. At least I didn't buy any chips or ice cream at the store today, so I'll have to eat the basically good things I have on hand. So far, I haven't gained too much back - around 3 pounds and holding. I'll take that for now.

I am keeping up my walking streak. It was really nice here today - 61°F and sunny, so took Tippy back in the neighbor's field and finished my 2 miles doing driveway laps again.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Yay my cacao powder finally arrived! It was ordered February 9 with 2 day shipping.

Boiling water is getting old. The worst part turns out to be that I don’t eat fresh vegetables because I have no way to rinse them without making a huge production out of it. MLGW says that it will be at least 4 more days.

So, Memphis has a lot of poor people who live in food deserts (no grocery store, just a ‘corner store’ which sells cigarettes, beers, and some overpriced canned goods) and the city is trying to step up to get water to these people. So, distribution sites for bottled water, one site for each of the 9 districts. Ours is the health department on Winchester and Riverdale. My husband and I ran down Riverdale to reach the Home Depot during the storm and it was insane, snow over our ankles the whole way and we have to cross a bridge and an elevated overpass. No snowplows of course, although we passed a snowplow driving down the road. It wasn’t plowing, because clearly people in our neighborhood don’t rate. Water Distribution to take place on Sunday morning at 10 am. Saturday evening at 6, we helped push three cars out which had gotten stuck JUST DRIVING STRAIGHT DOWN THE ROAD. No real change in road conditions between then and Sunday morning. So how is the water distribution handled?

One case of water per vehicle. Because everyone in the district can clearly get their vehicle there. In the ice, on a day when my neighbor couldn’t get out of his driveway successfully.

Also, shouldn’t it be obvious to someone in charge that the really poor people, the ones who need a free case of water because they can’t afford a few dollars for a case of water, DON’T OWN CARS?????

MLGW: It’s not safe to wash dishes by hand during the boil water alert, but if you have a dishwasher you can use the sterilizing cycle.

Also MLGW: please refrain from using your dishwasher to save water.

LOLwhut?

They suggest using disposable dishes for the duration of the crisis.

It sure is lucky that since grocery stores were not delivering due to the ice, everyone happened to have a massive stockpile of partyware IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC. I will just cancel my planned gathering of 200 people and use those plastic plates to eat off of!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    What a mess @rheddmobile ! Hope things improve quickly for everyone.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Been absent as was at a training symposium for 2 days. I got home 6pm Monday, up at 530am tues morning to drive to a city 3hrs away, 2 days of symposium, then drove home this afternoon. I'm so tired. Diet for the last week has been awful. I just ate EVERYTHING. I feel awful.

Back on the wagon tomorrow. Will see what the damage was tomorrow. March will be much better...
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo It's so hard to eat well when you are at all day meetings.
  • swenson19d
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @shanaber I need Apple help.
    My phone pairs fine with the the computer now. I am having issue with group texts. I send a group message and get a reply from each and it is as if the conversation is one-on-one. I assume it is a setting somewhere.

Example
    Sent to 3 ppl " yadda yadda this is due to day we need to get it done. here is the common file"

reply from ppl1 "ok" in a new thread

reply from ppl2 "why are you sending this to just me?" LOL
    me: not its group
    reply: no it just me
    me; kitten

reply from ppl3
    yes this is what we are doing today , no changes.

so all three received it but I am not getting the reply in the group thread. It is as if it is 1-1

Anyone know what is going on?
    ETA
    I think it is an iMessages thing. I turned on SMS, perhaps it will work now