Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,016 Member
    Options
    Esther, the dog, was still in labor when I got there. She had had 3 puppies by then. She did get up and came over for me to pet her, which is odd since she had been growling at her family whenever they got near. I guess she likes me.

About 30 minutes after I got there, she had baby number 4. The pictures aren't the best because they really are wiggly right after being born and the lighting was poor.
    vafcfumhf7le.jpg
    This is the first three that were born.

wyr2ax22t8ug.jpg
    The first 3 again. It looks like there is a fourth, but I checked the time on the pictures and the 4th one hadn't been born yet.

ec4s0uga8v99.jpg
    The 4th one right after being cleaned off. It moved, so it isn't the best picture ever.

m2vhwy90diib.jpg
    They're all eating. Can you tell which one is the oldest?

Afterwards, I went down and helped mom get wood on the porch for her stoves. She has a Goose couple at her pond. Bet there will be babies soon. I'll have to look for a nest.
    dhhom2127hch.jpg

I came home for a few minutes, changed clothes and went for my run. Two of my aunts were at my mom's, so stopped and talked to them. Walking home, I stopped to see if Esther had any more pups. No. Four was it.
    o7pljjgppkkv.jpg
    Again, can you guess which one is the oldest. LOL
    The ones with black spots are boys and the other two are girls.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Aww @quilteryoyo those puppies are adorable! Esther is beautiful and looks like she is being a good mom too!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Esther is a very pretty dog and was being a very good mom.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo AWWW! puppies! they are adorable.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo awwww puppies!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Morning all. Day 3 of my weekend away. Works been good. Had enough to keep me occupied but not crazy and had a couple of call outs.

Eating has been on point. I've been following the plan and enjoying it. No feeling awful or crap at night.

Had a rough night last night. I'm finding it hard to sleep because the room is really bright from street lights. I have an eye mask but they are annoying. I got called at 1am for a pt, then took ages to get back to sleep. Then at 430am a patient was outside singing really loudly. So annoying! I went back to sleep and got woken by her again ay 730am. Sigh.

The weather sux, I went for a 5k run, avoiding the rain, then got called into work before I could have breakfast. Am relaxing a bit now. Whew
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo You are doing great. I hope you are able to get more sleep tonight.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Dh walked with me yesterday to the housing addition entrance and back. I tried to run. It was comical. If you could picture Igor (from the monster movie) trying to run about 5 steps. I wonder if I can rehab that leg that is still atrophied and regain some strength.

I put on my "fat" pants yesterday for the walk and they fit a bit snug. I think it is time to get serious. I'm just not sure what the looks like yet!

Cori
    5 am is noon on cat time. He wiggles under my blanket, I expect him to sleep. He wiggles more, I'm slightly concerned he's going to get "lost". He wiggles down even more... and attacks my feet. AHH! That was calculated. He knows how to get me up. Bear still loves him too much. DD says they are soulmates.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d Glad DH walked with you yesterday. That's good. Sorry your leg is causing you so much trouble and pain! Hugs on the weight. You can get it back off. I have confidence. Mom's cat is a lot like Cori - he wakes her up at 5 to go outside too.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I think I missed a lot of news here! Things are okay. I got my first Pfizer vaccine on Saturday (k-12 school employees in FL are eligible).

As for food - doing slightly better. Went down 2 pounds.
    I just finished Atomic Habits. It is helping me stay more on track (drop bad habits and add good habits!) Some of the things mentioned are now worrying about the final goal. Enjoying the process of getting there. So I'm trying to do that.

@quilteryoyo - puppies!!! So cute!
    @swenson19d - I'm glad you went for a walk. Sorry about the fat pants. That was my final straw recently! Fat pants felt tight.
    @shanaber - I hope Hobbes is completely better now. So scary. Such a sweetie.
    @RunsOnEspresso - I've not caught up on all I've missed but it seems like you've been running a lot (yay) and unhappy with your overeating. It just reminded me how hard it is for us to lose when we exercise so much. We have to eat to maintain the exercise!
    @avidkeo - days away!? I have to catch up and see what you are up to.

I haven't been in my cycling group for almost a year but I am still in contact with the friends. One of the ladies texted this weekend that her niece jumped off a bridge in PA (worked at Carnegie Mellon, 23 years old). Made me so sad again for @swenson19d. Then just now a second friend in the group texted that her mom died this afternoon. Her mom is about the same age as @quilteryoyo's dad. So that made me think of @quilteryoyo and was sad again.

Things will get better.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Y’all, I gotta vent because I just can’t. Tennessee has moved to phase 1c which is great news for me since that’s when they vaccinate people with comorbidities. Except TN has changed the CDC’s recommendations so they don’t have diabetes on the list of comorbidities which qualify. It’s literally THE MOST LIKELY TO BE FATAL COMORBIDITY THERE IS BESIDES ADVANCED AGE. Even well controlled diabetes like mine gives you four times the risk of death from Covid. Uncontrolled is seven times the risk. And it does not qualify you for a vaccine. No explanation as to why, we are literally the only state like this, and it’s exactly the opposite of the CDC’s guidelines for vaccination. We WERE on the list but then they changed it.

The real kicker? Obesity is on the approved list. So if I had just not even tried to manage my diabetes and not lost weight, I could get the vaccine and maybe not die. All the people who shrug and say, “Heck, the doctor says I shouldn’t eat this but I can just take more insulin,” they get shots. I guess the health department in Tennessee figures all people with diabetes are obese anyway so why list them separately? I am tempted to get a fat suit so I can get the vaccine, except the shot would go into the arm of the fat suit. Or maybe move to a real state that has people with brains in it.

I feel hopeless, like the people in charge actually want me to shut up, give up, and die.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile - that is insane! I'm furious for you. :rage:
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @ddmom0811 Glad you are back. So much heartache in the world right now. :disappointed:
    Glad tracking your food is working for you. Yeah for getting your first shot. Mom and I are now on the list. They recommend not getting it until you are 90 days out from a CoVID diagnosis. We hope to get our first one toward the middle of this month.

@rheddmobile That's ridiculous. I feel like there is a lot of things in the government that is helpful to those who don't take responsibility. It's horrible. I'm so sorry for you. Maybe you can sign up to sub at a daycare of school. That would make you eligible and a fat suit would not be required.

• swenson19d
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @rheddmobile Who checks the comorbitities? Sounds to me like you have hypertension and that makes you eligible. Make the appointment ;)

@ddmom0811 good to see you, sorry to hear of the passings.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Hugs @rheddmobile do what @swenson19 said. Chances are the people giving probably agree the new guideline is a joke too.

@ddmom0811 I'm sorry to hear about your friends losses. The last 13 months have been awful in so many ways.

Weighed in today 200gm down (half a lb). I'm disappointed. Lol. I shouldn't be. It's not a gain. And I achieved what I wanted to this weekend. But I honestly thought I'd have lost more. That said, garmin informed me this morning my period is due, so probably that? It's down. And that's 200g in 4 days. Nothing to complain about. Go slow. Its a marathon not a sprint. Apparently.

Well think positively, my next half is 4 weeks away on Saturday. Going away with my mum for the weekend. So in theory, I should lose 2kg by then, hopefully putting me at 65kg. So that's my new goal. Stick to target, get to 65kg before the 10th April. Basically keep doing what I'm doing.

And after that half, I'll need to adjust my calorie goal. As tempting as it is to keep going at a 500 calorie deficit, if I want to run a sub 2hr half I'm going to need to change a few things. So I'll drop it to 250 goal, only 1kg a month. But keep on that path for the year and I'll have got to 60kg by Christmas.

Weight loss sux
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Oof, I lost my momentum there for 2 days.

This weekend I was just so doggone tired! After my run on Saturday I lounged all afternoon and developed a bit of a tummy ache. Sunday I was actually pretty productive and then Monday the bone numbing exhaustion hit again. DH had to go to the neighboring AF Base (about 2 hours) for his polygraph and invited me a long. I went and it was a nice trip and we got good indian food. I was over calories all days Sat-Mon by a few hundred calories I am sure, but gave up trying to track.

Today was hopefully the last pre-preliminary hearing for the kid. The DA gave the zoom info to listen in, but I didn't want to sit there all day listening to cases since there was no scheduled time when he was going to get called.

Today I came into work to a bit of a shock. The AF has seemed to have approved my transfer, but I have to change my entire career field! What!? I knew that was a possibility, but I had never heard if actually happening as it usually is not in the best interest as the AF has already invested so much money in you. I have some folks with feelers out to see if this is something that has to happen and how we can make the best of it. It is not my dream job, but it is a job, and if I don't get my promotion, it will only be my job for 27 months.

I missed my run yesterday, and today I am just in shock with the turn my 22 year career has taken. Not bad, just what is going on?
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo You did great while away! Hey, I take any loss and no gain as a win. Especially since it's time for your period. You have a great plan. I'm sure you will make your goal weight!

@CMorning99 You have so much going on, it's no wonder you are exhausted. I'm shocked about your career field too - after 22 years, you would think they would want you to stay with your expertise. May I ask what career field you are in and what they want you to change to?

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    My food wasn't good today. I did try to log it, as best as I could and MFP says I'm under goal, but since I didn't weigh it all, who knows. I gave in and had banana pudding at daycare. It's sooo good and I just kept eating it. I wish I was one of those people who could take a bite and be satisfied. But, once I take a bite, the rest of it wants to follow. :lol: Then, one of the 3 year old's had a birthday today, so I guess that makes him 4, and wanted me to have a cupcake, so I couldn't turn that down. :wink:

What is it with me and sweets? I can go forever and not have anything, if I don't see it. I really don't crave it. But, if it's in eye sight, I will eat it and REALLY like it. I need to learn to control that.

I was happy at the grocery store yesterday because we went through the chip aisle twice for mom and I even had chips on my list, but I didn't buy any. I thought I was strong. NOT today. LOL
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I have been assigned as a 2T- Traffic Management. Essentially logistics and cargo movement. I am not too mad about it, it was a shock but it is an opportunity to learn something new and fatten up my resume for retirement. I don't know what exactly they do, but I know they use a bunch of outdated databases LOL It will make things a little more challenging to see who's who in the the intelligence world to see if DH can get a contractor job. It really comes down to who you know. This is a huge change though, and I would really appreciate a sign from the universe if this is the right thing to do. But the level of support I have received and how few of these cases are approved, it must be...right?

The end of the workday is drawing near. All I want is a heated fuzzy blanket, an alcoholic hot chocolate and a plate of pasta. I might be kind to myself tonight, but can't sit around forever.