Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My usual scramble for breakfast - 4 eggs, mushrooms, diced onion, diced sweet pepper, spinach & feta cheese crumbles.
    Lunch: Apple, 2 hard boiled eggs, a can of Kirkland chicken, and plenty of sriracha
    Supper: Not sure...I may make a venison roast in the IP with carrots & potatoes. It won't be ready to late though, so perhaps that's food for tomorrow.

With another race 4 weeks out, I think I'll go back to deficit (attempted) for two weeks, then maintenance for two weeks.

I'm glad there's no more candy based holidays coming up. I've been inhaling this clearance Easter candy. That and a bag of granola.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I should get up early enough to have some scrambled eggs with sweet peppers. I'm so lazy. I could even have it for lunch if I didn't want breakfast.

Oh look! An opportunity do better!
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I should get up early enough to have some scrambled eggs with sweet peppers. I'm so lazy. I could even have it for lunch if I didn't want breakfast.

@Elise4270 key for me is to have the veggies diced and ready to go in the morning. If I have to do any cuttin' it's not happening on a weekday.

I forgot to list crumbled feta cheese in my eggs. LOVE that tang!

I have some jalapenos diced up but forgot all about using those this week.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - no soy in the Tera's Whey. Here are the ingredients from the website for the vanilla flavor:
    9xf468swmc8u.png
    I also noticed on the website that they have an organic dark chocolate! I am definitely going to have to try that one too!
  • Elise4270
    edited April 2018
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

@Elise4270 key for me is to have the veggies diced and ready to go in the morning. If I have to do any cuttin' it's not happening on a weekday.

I forgot to list crumbled feta cheese in my eggs. LOVE that tang!

I have some jalapenos diced up but forgot all about using those this week.

Wow! We have a giant container of feta from Sam's and no plans with it. I can do some prep and manage eggs in the morning (or save for lunch).

Thanks for the tips!
  • shanaber
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of eggs but am learning to like them more with things added in or cooking them in a bit of residue from cooking bacon. I need to make some more egg cups too - they bake in the oven with whatever you want to add to them (veggies, cheese, sausage, etc.) and then can be reheated in the microwave. My husband really likes them and they are better for him than cereal in the morning.

I had toast and PB with banana for breakfast and a scoop of the Tera's Whey in my coffee. This was in anticipation of going out for a run that still hasn't happened. Today is officially my last day at work after using up my remaining vacation. I have spent the morning cleaning up files, completing my exit papers and exit interview, and getting my PC and everything ready to ship back. It is kind of momentous for me - I feel like I am giving up my security blanket. Guess having the PC and work phone, even though I wasn't really working, felt like I could still go back if I wanted to. Even though I definitely don't it was a nice feeling to have it there and still be able to check in with my boss and friends.

I am heading out for a run in a few minutes now that the work stuff is all done and ready to ship back. I will likely have a salad afterwards with some chicken. For dinner we are going out to celebrate to our favorite little local wine bar (have great steaks and seafood)!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    It's Sunday!

Any meal prep going on today?

I get a pass since I'll be out of town. :wink:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday!

Same here. :)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    It's Sunday!

Same here. :)

Super! DH just asked me what we we're gonna meal prep today. Haha! Awww you're on your own buddy!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    PB toast and a couple oranges for breakfast with coffee, aka my normal pre-race food.

Lunch is grilled sandwiches in the panini press.

Supper no clue. My in-laws are visiting and they're weirdly picky eaters.
  • 7lenny7
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'll be making a dozen hard boiled eggs and peeling and cutting up carrots to go with some hummus.

I'm also making some venison roast tomorrow and if it's like usual, I'll be taking that to work this week
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday!

I cooked a rump roast outside on the grill (low temp long time... basically smoked it). Will re-heat throughout the week.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    We wound up making ham & pea soup for supper so we have a few lunches set for the rest of the week now.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @7lenny7 I figured out that quarter squeeze. I think my problem was not realizing it was more quarter ping pong. It's the same thing I've been trying. One squeeze at a time. Your food always sounds so good.
    DH decided to get back on MFP and track his calories. It's so hard for me to let go and let him figure it out. Everyone has how they eat and their own goals. Of course, I tried to encourage him to join the MRC but he's not there yet, he thinks they are all my friends. Oh well. Maybe later he'll want to join our fabulous group.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Didn't get much prep done, but have staples I can put together in the AM. Boiled eggs, frozen lunches, etc. Today was a bad, bad day. Had a great hike with my son's Boy Scout troop, but didn't plan my food well. I figured we would be done hiking by lunch so I just packed a bar. Ended up being gone way longer than expected. I was so hungry when I got home, I just ate everything. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • shanaber
    Options
    I don't prep well... other than in my head. I did get to the grocery store and to Costco this weekend so we have lots of meal foods just need to figure out how I want to put it all together. With it getting so hot we have been eating a lot of salads so I got all the things we like for more salads and I will cook some chicken to go with it. I am thinking about having chicken soft tacos one night with the remaining salsa chicken I have in the freezer.

We BBQd burgers for dinner last night and DH wanted chips. Not sure why I bought the salt and vinegar ones, I am the only one who eats them and I totally over did it. I never buy them and rarely eat them. I also ate a huge burger and a big salad! I guess I had the rest day rungaries!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Uh. I'm not off to a great start. Plane is delayed an hour, we're here early anyway.... Co-worker was hungry so I ate with him... I bought a pizza.. fast food at the airport is self sabotage anyway.

I have a migraine. Meds and the Dramamine have made me chill, detached and dumb.

The plan is burgers for dinner... I don't have the calories for that... A bunless burger, at least will be less damaging.

Do better...
  • shanaber
    Options
    Hang in there @Elise4270! Traveling is tough and stressful in so many ways! I hate airport food so I always try to avoid it. Even the food you buy on the plane is usually better (cheese and fruit plate, Mediterranean box with hummus, etc.). I also try to take snacks that are good for me that I can enjoy if I get stuck like that, just nothing liquidy like yogurt that they would take away. Sometimes though you can't avoid eating what is available and then you just do better later in the day and the next day. Maybe where you go for burgers you can get a salad or some fruit with it?

Have a great trip and try to relax and enjoy not having to actually be in the office!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber ! We made it in. Dinner is now Applebee's attached to the hotel. I plan on a salad.

Tomorrow is papasitos, a seafood/Mexican place. Salad again.