Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Oh how I love the days just before a race! Currently fueling up with peanut butter, cheddar and honey sandwiches. It may sound weird, but it's excellent!

Same! Had ice cream sundae tonight. I can't "fuel" as much as you, but boy it's nice to let my guard down a little.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 That does sound wierd. I'm going to try it. :wink:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Wow, I'm so sorry. :'(

For pizza, something I like to do it to put shredded cheese and pepperoni on a plate and melt it together in the microwave (10-30 seconds, depending upon quantity and such). Then eat with a fork.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 *hugs*

I managed to do the stupid HIIT workout I needed to do for my challenge group before work this morning then had oatmeal. No food in the house so lunch will be something from a nearby restaurant. And then who knows about supper. Need to do groceries, need to run, outside looks like this:

baxdtlro7ueb.jpg

I literally have running kit for every season in my bag today.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I don't have any good advice for you. I've never been in such a situation. For me I think I'd need to do something that keeps my brain occupied. Otherwise my thoughts would just spin.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I can't even imagine. I'll pray for him you and your family.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Thanks all. @RunsOnEspresso I definitely need to keep busy, work is slow, I'm on light duty. So it's torture with limited work.

I hate to ask for a half day and cry about my personal life... but I may.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Took the half day. Turned out it was for the best. About 30 minutes after I left work a migraine started. I still managed to walk 2 miles. And had one dose of medicine with me. Second dose at home, shower and a nap then 600 mg of ibuprofen.

I'm back to remembering words, names, no more hand numbness and wanting sugar. Not sure what it is about a migraine that leaves me wanting ice cream. Maybe it's the meds. I do plan on getting that ice cream, once I'm up to the drive to town, (with chicken hair from sleeping w wet hair).

DH is out of town for the weekend. Alex was moved to a psych facility a bit ago.

So... After ice cream, I'm going to eat better. With dh gone I get to enjoy all the stuff I like. :wink:

And I need to shop for clothes.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Hugs. :heart:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - Alex has been on my mind lately. I have been thinking abut him and wondering how he was a doing and if he was still in the Army. I hope they are able to help him some to get him past this latest crisis and maybe on to some sense of stability. At times like this you do what you need to do to take care of yourself. It is definitely difficult to be far away when they are hurting and you can't do anything to help. Different circumstances certainly but I have been there lately with my daughter - listening to her sobbing and nothing I can do but be on the other end of the phone. I hope your migraine is gone and that you got the ice cream!

Agility trial today and all weekend for me... it is just really long days. I got Starbuck's oatmeal for breakfast and nothing really for lunch. Then my DH wanted ribs from out favorite BBQ place so that is what we had... I know I am way high on carbs and protein, huh? what is that? Oh well, I will do better but probably not over the weekend unless I figure out something to take with me. They only have junk food that I would rather not eat at the site and we aren't supposed to bring food in with us.
  • Elise4270
    edited April 2018
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

They only have junk food that I would rather not eat at the site and we aren't supposed to bring food in with us.

I hate it when places do that.

Thanks about Alex. He was med boarded late January and stayed in Georgia with a girl. I had high hopes. Marriage, jobs, kids, family visits... Normal stuff. A mother will never fail in the "there's always up from here" department. Just she's usually a shopping alone.

The army did put him through the opportunity to help himself. He wasn't interested in their high hopes just yet either.

Love him where he is. He'll get the help or die trying (AA/NA). Hopefully not literally. But I know he plays a dangerous game.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Today is damage control. Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey damage control.

I'd planned on doing a long walk today, about 2 hours. Maybe even some short short running segments... But it's 40 and 20mph winds and I can't dress for both. Where did 80 go?

Guess I'll layer and walk the tree trail park, instead of the local park that's more like a field.

Then I'm going to buy some Ribeyes for me and DD.

Anyone with a weekend menu?
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    @Elise4270 Just went grocery shopping and bought a ton of delicious food.

Supper tonight: sous vide marinated chicken breasts. Some kind of salad on the side and potentially roasted or stir fried veggies with it too.

Tomorrow: brunch after church (might do breakfast for supper instead if we are crunched for time). Plan is sausages and maybe blueberry pancakes.

Early in the week we will do steaks sous vide and roast beef sous vide (different days--the roast will need potentially over 24 hours to cook). Lots of beef to get up my iron after donating blood Monday.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    Avocado toast for lunch.

0q07jcw8sogv.jpg
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes - that avocado toast looks wonderful! I made salads with rotisserie chicken for dinner last night and cut up an avocado I bought at Sprouts (kind of like Whole Foods). The first one I had last week from there was amazing. Unfortunately the one last night was completely rotten inside, I was so incredibly disappointed. I am pretty sure I could eat avocado at every meal. Wish it were a protein I would have no problem getting enough then :)

I discovered a different place at the agility trial to get lunch yesterday and got a couple of chicken street tacos that were delicious. They even had homemade salsa verde that was so good with just the right amount of heat.

I am going to make myself a smoothie to take to the agility trial this morning and maybe have the tacos or a salad for lunch depending on what time I am finished there (Hobbes got a title yesterday so he moves to an earlier event this morning which means I don't have to be there all day any longer - yea!).

We are BBQing kielbasa for dinner tonight and my husband is supposed to get the veggies of his choice to go with it. Trying to be funny he asked if it could be rice pilaf again... This time I told him that whatever he picked out had to be green (no corn, potato or carrot).

@Elise4270 - how was your walk? Hobbes and I have been walking the grounds and parking lot of the agility site just to get out and move around. It was over 90 yesterday so I tried to keep us in the shade as much as possible.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    I love avocado but rarely buy them. I always laugh at that meme about the sliver of time they are good. It's like 1 minute. I love the Herdez Guacamole Salsa. It's a little higher in calories than regular salsa but it keeps better than guacamole. It's a nice in between and goes with a lot of stuff.

That toast does look good! I wanted toast for under my eggs this morning but I didn't have any bread. Gluten-free bread is usually pretty dry so I don't buy it often. So I had egg tacos instead. We always have corn tortillas in the house.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    @shanaber My husband literally handed me a plate last night with nothing but chicken and rice on it. I just gave him a look and he went and got the emergency bag of salad out of the fridge.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm the worst avocado picker, so I rarely buy them either.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    sd4jt5etcpj2.jpg