Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of avocados when I was doing LCHF. Generally they needed 1-3 days on the counter and then into the fridge for up to another week.

Breakfast today was instant oatmeal with fruit, plus I made an egg so I'd have some protein with it. Not shown: coffee.

ggkrduc05sm2.jpeg
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm slacking comparatively. I'm such a lazy eater. I don't do meals.

Today was chicken tamales and coffee for breakfast.

Then I walked. Ate gum. Uh, ya I ate it. Then had a pants emergency (because I eat gum). Drove home, changed... And walked 3.5 miles in clean pants. Ate no more gum.

now I'm at 5 guys waiting on a double pattie bunless burger... with a Coke zero.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    Lunch was cornmeal blueberry pancakes with maple spice butter. Plus sausages. The pancakes were okay. They either needed more blueberries or they needed actual syrup and not syrup infused butter.

Dinner will be steak, cooked sous vide and then seared in the mushroom pan. Not sure about sides. I will probably sautee some mushrooms and onions with garlic and teriyaki. Maybe some peppers too. And spinach. And then we have some fancy flavoured rice to have on the side.

Now my husband says he's making mushroom sauce for the steak. So now I've got no clue.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Lunch was cornmeal blueberry pancakes with maple spice butter. Plus sausages. The pancakes were okay. They either needed more blueberries or they needed actual syrup and not syrup infused butter.

Dinner will be steak, cooked sous vide and then seared in the mushroom pan. Not sure about sides. I will probably sautee some mushrooms and onions with garlic and teriyaki. Maybe some peppers too. And spinach. And then we have some fancy flavoured rice to have on the side.

Now my husband says he's making mushroom sauce for the steak. So now I've got no clue.

Hubby made the mushroom sauce for the steak and I tossed together a quick salad of tomato, avocado, cucumber and broccoli with a garlic basil dressing. Challah for the carb side.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @sarahthes I love challah. We use to make it every Friday, in Delaware we could buy it. Now we make it 3-4 times a year. It's my ONE carb weakness. Hot out of the oven with butter! Mmmm!

My daughter learned to make it by time she was 10. I'm so proud of her. :smiley:
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    @Elise4270 The bakery we stop at on the way home from work sells it. So good!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    We have everything to make it now.... Mmmm. If wasn't going out of town for work in a week and had to fit in new clothes.... I'd eat a whole loaf with a half pound of butter!

Mmm when I get back I just may!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    One of my daughter's friends in college baked challah for a charity organization on campus - it was SO good! I may need to bake some too!
    I am in a baking mood... I really want to bake cookies and I need to make granola and baking some bread sounds amazing. I have a really good recipe for a harvest bread that I love with nuts and dried cherries. I think I need to make it and challah! I wish it were cold then I could really justify baking.

The BBQ sausage was delicious along with green beans and fresh tangerines. Dessert was um... Ben and Jerrys but we were celebrating successes at the agility trial! Hobbes the Vizsla did not get any however. His prize was a piece of BBQ bacon :smiley:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    BBQ Bacon sounds like a great dessert to me!
  • shanaber
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso - the BBQ bacon was delicious! I told my husband I only want it BBQ'd from now on :smiley:

Today I thought I was doing ok with my eating and when all was said and done I had more than double my carbs to protein... I really need to do this better and I am just not getting it. Grocery shopping tomorrow for more protein!!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Today's grub?

I have no idea what I'm going to eat today. I had a protein shake earlier, hoping I won't b too hungry to decide on something "better" for lunch.

Next week a coworker and I will be in San Antonio. So I'm saving as many calories as I can for the week of indulgent choices. I plan on eating steak every day. And work in some salad.

DD sent me a recipe for chicken tangine. Sounds amazing. If I'm up for a Walmart trip, we may have that tonight or tomorrow.

I did so well for years, only having water, coffee, hot tea, lemonade as a beverage. I've back slid to cokes (soda, pop, soft drinks- whatever you call them). I gotta nip this.

Happy snacking!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    I've been eating oatmeal with fruit on top for breakfast all week. So far it's been keeping me satisfied until lunch even taking TOM into account.

Lunch is another frozen soup thing, cheese, yogurt, pears, carrots and half an avocado.

My husband informs me that supper shall be waffles with maple spice butter. I asked him what the protein was and he stared at me blankly, so I will probably scramble an egg for myself with spinach since he's also not planning on a vegetable of any kind...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This week's meal planning:

Cottage cheese, berries, waffles for breakfast.
    Chicken salad on sandwich thin, celer/snap peas, orange for lunch.
    Dinner: Whatever I plan that fits calories.

It's a light running week after recovery from the race, so the rungries aren't too bad. I have developed a pretty wicked case of heartburn. Of course, WebMD has diagnosed me with an immediately fatal tumor. I do wonder though, if there's some kind of stress ulcer happening. At some point I'll go to the doctor... Anyone else have reflux issues? I literally haven't felt a lick of heartburn since I started losing weight. I practically forgot what it felt like. Now it happens after I eat anything.
  • shanaber
    Options
    I have been having greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and granola for breakfast but today I think I may have bacon and eggs and protein pancakes for breakfast/lunch. I am heading out to run some intervals soon so it will be after that. I haven't decided on dinner but I think it will be soup and quesadillas with salad.

@Elise4270 - I haven't had sodas in forever. Now when I want something carbonated I go for sparkling water. I have discovered La Croix grapefruit and to me it tastes a lot like I remember Squirt tasting (one of my favorites). I bought some berry ones too hoping my husband will like them as a replacement for his berry juice/sparkling water mix that is way too high in carbs.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    This week's meal planning:

Cottage cheese, berries, waffles for breakfast.
    Chicken salad on sandwich thin, celer/snap peas, orange for lunch.
    Dinner: Whatever I plan that fits calories.

It's a light running week after recovery from the race, so the rungries aren't too bad. I have developed a pretty wicked case of heartburn. Of course, WebMD has diagnosed me with an immediately fatal tumor. I do wonder though, if there's some kind of stress ulcer happening. At some point I'll go to the doctor... Anyone else have reflux issues? I literally haven't felt a lick of heartburn since I started losing weight. I practically forgot what it felt like. Now it happens after I eat anything.

When I was heavier, I had terrible heartburn nearly every morning. Ultimately, it was determined to be due to sleep apnea. I've been on a CPAP for years, since I was heavy and as I lost weight. Last time I went to the dr., I suggested that maybe I was losing enough weight to stop the apnea and not need a CPAP any longer. I suggested a new sleep study, but he didn't see any point in that since the machine tracks that anyway. The machine showed I still had a problem. So I decided we should look at it again when I finally get rid of the last 10-15 lbs. Since then, I lost and regained it and am now trying to lose again. When I finally settle at goal weight, I hope to see I am done with the CPAP. If not, perhaps surgical solutions could help.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Has anyone tried Tera's Whey - Simply Pure Grass-Fed rBGH-Free Whey Protein? I bought some to try last night. It is expensive but the reviews on line are really positive.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom I have a hiatal hernia that causes heart burn. It doesn't happen all the time but randomly.

@shanaber I mix my vodka with La Croix for a low calorie drink. Orange is probably my favorite. I've drank La Croix off and on since the 80s. Of course in the 80s I wasn't mixing it with vodka ;)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I like the la Croix and the new one.... Bubly? Just fast fooding lunch isn't smart to begin with... Now add the soda.

I had a five guys burgers with an extra pattie and no bun.... I don't know who messed up my order, me or them.... But I had 3 patties.. yes I et them all. And I had lemonade.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    I am trying to recalculate my calories and macros back to running and I'm like 60% carbs for marathon training? Where is the protein?!?!

Right now I'm looking at between 1900 and 2189 cals (currently at 1900) and moving to 40/30/30 until I officially start marathon training in July then I'll look at the 60/25/15 macro breakdown.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I'm just winging it again today.

Protein shake and not enough coffee for breakfast.

Lunch I've resigned to a Chick-fil-A salad and lemonade.

Dinner? There's a Mexican stand-off at our house with the cooking... And dishes, and trash and floors... Not to mention the bathrooms.

(My apologies if "Mexican" isn't PC. Just picture the old movies where there's gunslingers in the town square at high noon...not a racist. Love dark skinned, dark haired men :love: .. er people, all people, even ginger ones... Esp that doc that did my MRI arthrogram ).

Ooo! Maybe I can wrangle Mexican food for dinner! Mmmm, refried beans. Definitely the one carb I miss the most.

What's your plan today?