Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    We are gonna hit the food trucks at the Canada Day celebration at the lake but I'm hungry now darn it! I'm hoping for Shawarma Poutine.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited July 2018
    I slipped out of food prepping over the last couple of months - I'd gotten really good about packing my daytime meals for the week in advance (I'm a multiple small cold meals type with one hot meal at the end of the day) and then I started working from home in April and figured "oh, no need to prep since I'll be home". I've also probably been eating out for lunch a bit more than I should since getting out of the house gets a bit urgent from time to time, and it's food truck season, so my husband hasn't been pushing to make lunches either. Time to get back on that horse!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @sarahthes "shwarma poutine".... Hmmm. Interesting. Id like to try that.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I dropped my breakfast at work. So now I have just my banana. And I found a nut bar in my desk. Sometimes I keep extras just in case.
  • Elise4270
    I dropped my breakfast at work. So now I have just my banana. And I found a nut bar in my desk. Sometimes I keep extras just in case.

Rough start to a Monday. Saved by the 'nana and a nut bar!
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2018
    I've hit a slump. You may remember months ago i opted for some hormone pellets. Well, I'm sure they have worn off. I am struggling to find my mojo. I just want to nap. They made me hairy, ao im not doing that again. Did laser hair removal and was blistered. So definitely passing on another round. I'll just be hot and tired all the time.

Edit to continue, since work got in the way.

Hmm, I've lost where i was going...

Ah well. Oh! I didnt plan my lunch today. I. Got. My. Braces. Off. And. Thats. All. I. Could. Think. About.

I had a late breakfast snack from Starbucks after having the orthodontics removed, and an Americano. I go back at 1 for the bottom vacuun retainer. Hawly on top, vacuum on bottom AND the permanent retainer. So glad to no longer brush 8 times and still find food in my teeth.

Perhaps I'll grab a salad from the veggie store dor lunch. But i ate 1000 calories over yesterday, not sure ill be very hungry. I need to run 10 miles to get even again. :grin:
  • RunsOnEspresso
    edited July 2018
    I binged this weekend. Mostly chips and m&ms. So today I am back to being more disciplined.

Photo of my poor breakfast. Lol
  • Purplebunnysarah
    I skipped breakfast this morning because we are having steak & corn on the cob for dinner. Mmm.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 922 Member
    Good morning folks!

Man I am dragging tail! I haven't run in 3 days and today will probably be day #4. I am just mentally exhausted from this move! All weekend I was sorting, planning, coordinating, cleaning...starting at 4:30am when I naturally wake up. By this morning I was zonked and I just sat in my recliner and drank coffee all morning. Not to mention b/c the house is turned upside down right now, food was take-out of varying sources. Needless to say, I am tired, bloated, sugar/carb crashing...in general a hot mess. I made an effort this morning and had a shake for breakfast but I have been picking at salty foods probably because of stress.

I am not beating myself up b/c this exhaustion is real...but it still sucks to see the work I have put in slip away.

Tomorrow I have a going away lunch and dinner so food is going to be high tomorrow as well. After that, we have the movers in our house for 2 days. Not sure it is worth the stress of trying to eat around them. On Friday though I think I am good to go ...we will be in lodging and on cruise control to Cali.

I WILL NOT STRESS MYSELF OUT MORE BC OF MY DIET! (repeating)
  • Purplebunnysarah
    I've been doing okay in the morning and afternoon and then getting the munchies in the evening. Sigh. Evening run today and skipping breakfast - maybe that will help me find a balance?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    @Cmorning99- Aw, I definitely know where you are coming from. Moving is tough. Sometimes life just interferes with our best intentions and that can't be helped. Just keep it in your mind that it is a temporary circumstance. It will not set you back to bad as long as it doesn't turn into something more permanent. In the meantime, try to hang in there. Wishing you the best of luck!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    CMorning99 wrote: »
    Good morning folks!

Man I am dragging tail! I haven't run in 3 days and today will probably be day #4. I am just mentally exhausted from this move! All weekend I was sorting, planning, coordinating, cleaning...starting at 4:30am when I naturally wake up. By this morning I was zonked and I just sat in my recliner and drank coffee all morning. Not to mention b/c the house is turned upside down right now, food was take-out of varying sources. Needless to say, I am tired, bloated, sugar/carb crashing...in general a hot mess. I made an effort this morning and had a shake for breakfast but I have been picking at salty foods probably because of stress.

I am not beating myself up b/c this exhaustion is real...but it still sucks to see the work I have put in slip away.

Tomorrow I have a going away lunch and dinner so food is going to be high tomorrow as well. After that, we have the movers in our house for 2 days. Not sure it is worth the stress of trying to eat around them. On Friday though I think I am good to go ...we will be in lodging and on cruise control to Cali.

I WILL NOT STRESS MYSELF OUT MORE BC OF MY DIET! (repeating)

Moving is rough - I helped my mom move last month and it was exhausting, and I wasn't even the one moving! Do try not to stress yourself out more because of your diet! Sometimes you just have to stop and catch your breath. I have been trying to remember that myself.
  • Elise4270
    edited July 2018
    IT'S TACO TUESDAY! like i need a reason to get tacos :smirk:

Its also bike day. I'm sure i forgot my shoes (just sneakers for mtn bike). Guess I'm going to find out if i can bike barefoot.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Its also bike day. I'm sure i forgot my shoes (just sneakers for mtn bike). Guess I'm going to find out if i can bike barefoot.

Yum. Now I want tacos. Wait, I had fish tacos for dinner last night. But that's not the same thing. Wait again, I didn't actually even have fish tacos for dinner last night because I was out of corn tortillas, so technically I just had fish. Not at all the same thing. Now I really need to have tacos...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 Are you sure he's not his son?!? LOL I want to watch the Seattle episode. I guess he talks serial killers in it. Mixes almost all my hobbies. Food, travel, true crime. All that's missing is running.

@lporter229 GF left over pasta is pretty bad. We've found if you slightly undercook it the leftovers are a bit better. And some bands are better than others.

Yes, I like the pastas that are made with corn and quinoa. The rice based ones are disgusting mush and the bean ones (chickpeas or lentils) are too gritty.

Orgran makes a spaghetti bits pasta that I love, but it's hard to find. Tinkyada is our go-to that seems to be fine the next day as long as you re-heat. Cold GF pasta is naaaaaaaaaaaasty unless it's a super fresh pasta salad (but still don't love, love it).
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Oh yes and sorry I've been MIA. My daughter has been in town, which is hugely distracting, but also awesome!

My food's been all over the place, but I'm holding steady so far. Hubby and my son go to Canada on Saturday for ten days, so I'll only have myself to worry about!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Yum. Now I want tacos. Wait, I had fish tacos for dinner last night. But that's not the same thing. Wait again, I didn't actually even have fish tacos for dinner last night because I was out of corn tortillas, so technically I just had fish. Not at all the same thing. Now I really need to have tacos...

Mmmm - I want tacos too now! May need to have that for dinner tonight... and I am making black bean chili in the IP for tomorrow to go with the burgers.

@Elise4270 - you got your braces off yesterday!! YAY!! I was at the dentist all morning (no run) getting impressions made to get braces!

My eating is improving but was kind of off the rails for a few days. Nothing too bad but definitely not great and out of balance for me. DH made a brisket in the smoker on Saturday that I thought was great and I am not a huge fan pf brisket, but it didn't turn out how he wanted or expected. Now we have to figure out what to do with all the leftovers (maybe I can make tacos out of it :)). Sunday night we went out to celebrate his retirement with steak and too much wine but it was really fun. Yesterday was an 'I want all the carbs... give them all to me' kind of day. Today I am just trying to get back to that balanced spot again...
  • Elise4270
    @shanaber mmm brisket tacos! Are you doing the trays? Like Invisalign (sp)?

I spent all day at the otho yesterday. Was there 8-10, 130-145 and 445-5. Haha!

I'd very much like to have tacos again for dinner. No dinner plans yet. I can snack on veggies and cheese. Dh may want real food since hes off this week, running errands, taking care of my widdle baby cat whose ears mysteriously hurt- vet trip.

Boss is about..... *Whispers catch yall later
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    @Elise4270 - hopefully the Invisalign trays, yes. I have braces multiple times before and my teeth keep getting screwed up... also no dentist ever told me to keep wearing my retainers - FOREVER! but apparently that is what you have to do. Any way he is hoping that it will only take 6-12mos... but we will have to wait and see what they say, if they can even be fixed.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @shanaber The dentist I saw at my last appt asked if I still wear my retainer. I thought he meant my mouth guard so I was like yes. And he goes top and bottom? I said I only received a top for my mouth guard. And he's all no no no your retainer from your braces. Um, I stopped wearing those like a year after I got my braces off!

And... I always want tacos.