Sammy's OMAD Path

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    picked on by my step dad on daily basis, "Lard *kitten*", "Lazy *kitten*", "Fat *kitten*",

I would have throat punched him. Just saying.

This makes me sad, I was also picked on and I wasn't even overweight then :(
  • Brendalea69
    Yummy!!!

wgekyhb6on9b.jpg

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    picked on by my step dad on daily basis, "Lard *kitten*", "Lazy *kitten*", "Fat *kitten*",

I'm sorry you endured that kind of crap, too. Glad those days are over!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member

Sorry ladies, I have gone thru some sort of similar experiences... but here we are, shifting things! Some people don´t realize how much overweight they carry that is not particularly physical but more in the ranges of human stupidity... and that weighs a hell of a lot and there are no diets for it...
  • Brendalea69
    barbheart wrote: »

Sorry ladies, I have gone thru some sort of similar experiences... but here we are, shifting things! Some people don´t realize how much overweight they carry that is not particularly physical but more in the ranges of human stupidity... and that weighs a hell of a lot and there are no diets for it...

Thank God those days are over o:)
  • wsandy8512
    @barbheart, I love how you put that! So true!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    My dinner and the aftermath.

1avnnxikb3n4.jpg
    gp5b1iabpkg7.jpg
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Enjoyed reading this thread
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited July 2017
    This is so open. I love it when people can bring out potential causes of overeating (i.e. abuse and whatnot). It is actually healing.
  • sammygold2015
    Enjoyed reading this thread

Thanks
  • sammygold2015
    This is so open. I love it when people can bring out potential causes of overeating (i.e. abuse and whatnot). It is actually healing.

I have to be real with myself. I love a good hamburger, and I want to have them. I am not going to be owned.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited July 2017
    jvcinv wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I do wonder about totally eating by feel though. If that worked without any pre-deternined diet schedule, none of us would have gotten fat. For about the 1st 33-yrs of my life, that worked for me and I ate all I wanted, what I wanted, when I wanted and I didn't gain weight much (was about 160-lbs at age 25, 180 at ages 27-33 or so and then started gaining after that). I even force fed-myself to try to gain weight when I was lower than 160 (16-yr old at 145 at my same height as I'm at now). At age 33 I went back to grad school and stayed up late everynight doing homework and usually ate chips and salsa and ice-cream to keep me going. That was the beginning of my bad weight gain!
    I hear ya. I was really referring to this group, the here and now. We've made the commitment to eat well and to limit our meal frequency, but yet sometimes wonder how much should we eat at our one meal. A certain number of calories? One plate? etc. Some feel guilty about reaching that full feeling based on past history. I know I did at first. Some feel like they might be starving themselves if they are full after 600 cal based on things that have been written. I've decided that I want to be confident, to be able to go into any circumstance and know that I'm going to not eat more than that point where I feel full. This is something I've had to learn and over the past year I've gotten good at what I call "pushing away" as soon as I reach a certain point of satiety, regardless of whether or not there is more on my plate. Often my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I prepare too much food but I absolutely will not finish it if I've reached that first feeling of fullness. For others this might be natural but for me this is new behavior.

When I was young of course I was taught to "clean your plate young man". Most of my adult life I ate for pleasure, I gorged. Fullness was an annoyance, something to ignore until the point where you could no longer ignore it. So basically I was too frequently over-eating, the wrong foods. The recipe for steady weight gain.
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I do wonder about totally eating by feel though. If that worked without any pre-deternined diet schedule, none of us would have gotten fat. For about the 1st 33-yrs of my life, that worked for me and I ate all I wanted, what I wanted, when I wanted and I didn't gain weight much (was about 160-lbs at age 25, 180 at ages 27-33 or so and then started gaining after that). I even force fed-myself to try to gain weight when I was lower than 160 (16-yr old at 145 at my same height as I'm at now). At age 33 I went back to grad school and stayed up late everynight doing homework and usually ate chips and salsa and ice-cream to keep me going. That was the beginning of my bad weight gain!
    I hear ya. I was really referring to this group, the here and now. We've made the commitment to eat well and to limit our meal frequency, but yet sometimes wonder how much should we eat at our one meal. A certain number of calories? One plate? etc. Some feel guilty about reaching that full feeling based on past history. I know I did at first. Some feel like they might be starving themselves if they are full after 600 cal based on things that have been written. I've decided that I want to be confident, to be able to go into any circumstance and know that I'm going to not eat more than that point where I feel full. This is something I've had to learn and over the past year I've gotten good at what I call "pushing away" as soon as I reach a certain point of satiety, regardless of whether or not there is more on my plate. Often my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I prepare too much food but I absolutely will not finish it if I've reached that first feeling of fullness. For others this might be natural but for me this is new behavior.

When I was young of course I was taught to "clean your plate young man". Most of my adult life I ate for pleasure, I gorged. Fullness was an annoyance, something to ignore until the point where you could no longer ignore it. So basically I was too frequently over-eating, the wrong foods. The recipe for steady weight gain.

I have never felt guilty about eating or being full (that may not be a good thing but I've never been morbidly obese and didn't get fat tell later in life). If I only wanted to eat a little, I would probably force myself to eat more cause I know the next day I will probably blow it and be very hungry then If I don't eat more. I've always eaten as I pleased in the evenings while on this diet (21:3 for me) and that has worked as long as I'm doing the 21-hr fast for at least 3 or more days a week. I don't eat tell I'm going to burst and my servings are definitely less than pre-OMAD. Now I may have a little bit of ice cream (small bowl) and that is all I want. Before I wanted two big bowls and maybe even three sometimes so my behavior has changed a lot also. If it is a Holiday, I will eat tell I almost pop if I want to! I'm not going to worry about it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I have never felt guilty about eating or being full (that may not be a good thing but I've never been morbidly obese and didn't get fat tell later in life). If I only wanted to eat a little, I would probably force myself to eat more cause I know the next day I will probably blow it and be very hungry then If I don't eat more. I've always eaten as I pleased in the evenings while on this diet (21:3 for me) and that has worked as long as I'm doing the 21-hr fast for at least 3 or more days a week. I don't eat tell I'm going to burst and my servings are definitely less than pre-OMAD. Now I may have a little bit of ice cream (small bowl) and that is all I want. Before I wanted two big bowls and maybe even three sometimes so my behavior has changed a lot also. If it is a Holiday, I will eat tell I almost pop if I want to! I'm not going to worry about it.

DITTO! and I'm pretty much 21:3 too :) No guilt, eat what I want, enjoy the results! <3
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    I'm sorry, Sammy, but the way you put that "my dinner... and the aftermath", cracked me up! The way I see it, had that little square thingy not been on your plate, both burgers would've fit on it, and a lot more fries as well, hence, one plate! Lol
  • sammygold2015
    Weekly Weigh in update

Starting Weight -209.8
    Week 1- 202.0 (-7.8)
    Week 2- 199.7 (-2.3)
    Week 3- 197.3 (-2.4)

Total (-12.5)

xygg21rh9g7j.jpg
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    You're off to a flying start Sammy, good job.
    Love the colorful tally board.
  • sammygold2015

Thank you! This is my desk reminder. That way I can look at it throughout the day. Especially since my office provides snacks, and provide lunches once a week, and breakfast every Friday.
    :neutral: I must have something to remind me. It is getting easier.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member

Thank you! This is my desk reminder. That way I can look at it throughout the day. Especially since my office provides snacks, and provide lunches once a week, and breakfast every Friday.
    :neutral: I must have something to remind me. It is getting easier.
    Great idea to have it staring you in the face. I like it.

• sammygold2015
    edited July 2017

Great idea to have it staring you in the face. I like it.

Thanks, I needed it this morning. Doughnuts and Sausage Rolls. My all time favorite breakfast. It is usually not hard because the norm is bagels. I am not a big fan of those.
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Wow, you eat Beagles? I've never had dog meat before... Glad you're not a big fan of them!! Lol (I know you meant, Bagels)

Fantastic progress so far, Sammy! I love your desk chart, what a great idea. :)