100 days log (plus progress, struggles and reflections)

Options

Replies

• VampireAngelWings
    VampireAngelWings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where I left off but I have been busy the last few days. I'm waiting for my boys to go back to school then I'll start up again. When I'm on the floor my 4 year old has a tendency to sit on me.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

8/13 45 minute Heat Building Flow w/Floating Yoga School

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think every other day is better for my back. This slipped disc is really not fun. I have found if I do yoga every day, it's a bit much, but every other seems not to cause as much pain. still figuring out how to manage it...

BTW--thanks to everyone who adds a yoga video to their post--love those--I have done a few! Thanks for the new resource!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 14 / 100 done!

https://youtu.be/MLbo7mSffuM
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Day 14: About 10 minutes of warrior variations and hip stretches. I actually am feeling more sciatica today after the sciatica "relieving" yoga yesterday. I'll keep at it.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    Day 14: About 10 minutes of warrior variations and hip stretches. I actually am feeling more sciatica today after the sciatica "relieving" yoga yesterday. I'll keep at it.

I'm sorry - that's not good. But keep working on finding the right sequence of stretches that will help alleviate the pain.
  • carlsoda
    Options
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 15: Yoga for sciatica with MaryBeth again. Got TOM, so that explains a few things. Mother nature is fun. Perhaps that hip opening sequence will be good for tomorrow. Being a ball of inflammation makes yoga challenging AND rewarding- a little of each. Just "going with the flow"....HA HA, I crack myself up! :p
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have not been checking in, but I've done my daily poses, and I had one longer, formal practice last week in the form of a yoga DVD. So I am on track! It's great to hear everyone's progress. Is anyone meditating?
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options

8/16 17 minutes
  • carlsoda
    Options
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 16: Flipped through Jessamyn Stanley's yoga book and did a few poses. Camel was the one I did the other day, with my hands on my heels. Still enough to challenge my back in a bad way. Miss Stanley's book was a lot of fun, as she's admittedly not the "typical" svelte yoga teacher. Her honesty and sense of humor is refreshing. I checked out the book from the library, so I'll do some of the series she outlines the next couple of weeks.
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 17: 1/2 hour doing flows/poses from Jessamyn's book. I think my (slightly) frozen left shoulder popped 3 times. That's always a good sign for me. It felt pretty good overall.
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    Day 16: Flipped through Jessamyn Stanley's yoga book and did a few poses. Camel was the one I did the other day, with my hands on my heels. Still enough to challenge my back in a bad way. Miss Stanley's book was a lot of fun, as she's admittedly not the "typical" svelte yoga teacher. Her honesty and sense of humor is refreshing. I checked out the book from the library, so I'll do some of the series she outlines the next couple of weeks.

I LOOOVVVEEE HER! She loves her body & makes me feel powerful!

• MiamiSeoul
    Options

8/17 practiced some Sun Salutations at the beach :)

• carlsoda
    Options
    17/100 done
  • carlsoda
    Options
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 18/100

Just a few simple poses today, nothing too fancy
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 18: I did more poses from Jessamyn's yoga book. I found myself kinda making up some stuff, which was fun. I wanted more stretch in my arms, so I went "off plan" and did my own thing. Some yoga teacher might have been upset since I wasn't following some pose, but it was just me and I gave myself a pass. Isn't it about self-discovery (and self-love) anyway? Lots of pigeon and camel for my hips- ahhh.