100 days log (plus progress, struggles and reflections)

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    19/100

More just generic poses, but boy feels good!!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    19/100

More just generic poses, but boy feels good!!
    Ditto on all counts, about 1/2 hour total. Hubby's been out of town a couple of days, so I've kept my mat smack dab in the middle of the living room. A gentle reminder to "have at it". I'd like for my right hip to be pain-free by day 100. I'm a work in progress for sure...

• carlsoda
    Options
    20/100
    More generic poses. Weekends are so busy can't wait until i go back to work and can do some real yoga
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 20: Carlsoda, you're life sounds like mine. I did planks, cat/cow, child's poses. No real "flow" though. I'll probably do some more after hubby goes to bed. Hoping to play with a video tomorrow.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    21/100
    https://youtu.be/ZiQh8jA5tVM
    Felt so good to do a longer session!
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 21: no time for a video today, did my usual stuff. I notice I'm way too fast if I don't follow a video. Being an overachiever (at times, for all the wrong things), I don't slow down enough. This is one reason I signed up for the challenge- to "take a breather", literally. Tomorrow I hope...
  • carlsoda
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    Day 21: no time for a video today, did my usual stuff. I notice I'm way too fast if I don't follow a video. Being an overachiever (at times, for all the wrong things), I don't slow down enough. This is one reason I signed up for the challenge- to "take a breather", literally. Tomorrow I hope...

I am the same way, I have trouble slowing my brain down thus I don't hold my poses long enough (already moving on to the next pose!). The videos sure do help! Maybe try holding each pose for 4 or 6 complete breaths?
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    I've seen anywhere from 3-6 breaths for a pose. I incorporated poses with stretching and leg lifts, push ups, planks, and even some squats with weights. It was a workout soup. When I got winded, I'd do some poses. I think it worked well, as I could stretch muscles out right after I worked them. It was a challenge to hold tree today. I'll blame it on the eclipse. I can still milk that excuse, right? Ha ha.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 22/100 done! This video is good!!!
    https://youtu.be/wqDZ1guFp18
  • carlsoda
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    I've seen anywhere from 3-6 breaths for a pose. I incorporated poses with stretching and leg lifts, push ups, planks, and even some squats with weights. It was a workout soup. When I got winded, I'd do some poses. I think it worked well, as I could stretch muscles out right after I worked them. It was a challenge to hold tree today. I'll blame it on the eclipse. I can still milk that excuse, right? Ha ha.
    Good job and yes you can still blame it on the eclipse
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/23 30 minutes SarahBeth Yoga

• carlsoda
    Options
    23/100 - busy evening but squeezed in some poses! :)
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 23: I'm having trouble getting that 1/2 hour set aside. I overdid it yesterday with that gardening. My forearms and back are a little angry. It's always good to stretch out the hips though.
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 24: Same as yesterday, but was able to do a little more. Hoping my body 's a little less sore tomorrow. I think I feel a little more flexible than when I started. Cool!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    24/100 - did Yoga with Adriene "I am worthy!"
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options

I have lost my streak..I had two periods in 20 days (I been to gynecologist, I am fine now) and felt like a bleeding balloon :smiley: Sorry if TMI. :) I usually enjoy my yoga time and I didn't want to ruin that with forcing myself when my body was in a completely different mood.
    So, I give it a rest for few days.

But, I am back now.
    I did my yoga yesterday, so that's 1/100 done :)

I have to say I am amazed with how you guys are doing!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Welcome back and sorry for the health issues....glad everything is a o k!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

8/25 25 minutes
  • carlsoda
    Options
    8/25 - quick poses today!
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 25- same as you carlsoda. Hoping I'll be able to set aside some time this weekend for a video practice. What happened this week? Life I guess...and that beautiful porchetta I made today that took all of my spare time. Man, I love to eat tasty food. Hubby said it was the best meal we've had in a long time, which I took as a complement (sort-of). I think if my hubby tried MFP his head would explode- all of the logging would freak him out. Kudos to us who've been doing this for a while. Namaste, crew!