100 days log (plus progress, struggles and reflections)

Options

Replies

• SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I did a bunch more poses later- after dinner when my tummy was all settled. My hubby was working on our car, so I had some time. Now it's way past my bedtime, but I feel good about getting all stretched and calm. I hope to sleep like a baby. Happy weekend, all.
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 26: 25 minute video with Adriene and a few other poses- loving that lizard for my hips.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

8/26 22 minutes

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    26/100 - more quick poses meaning another busy day
  • carlsoda
    Options
    27/100 - about 10 minutes of stretching and poses. Day filled with grandkids!!
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 27: ditto, except without grandkids. Tomorrow's another day. Already have blocked out some time for a longer video session. Loving that lizard pose!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I'll need to check out the lizard pose and see what it's all about. I am definitely getting on YouTube as soon as I get home tonight and find a great video to do! I miss my yoga but gkids come first...they are just too darn cute!
  • carlsoda
    Options
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 28: Hips and Core Vinyasa with Adriene, and a few more poses. Got a little sweaty this time. My lower back was toinky this morning, but I'm glad it loosened up today. I didn't sleep well last night, so that probably explains it. Carlsoda, you have so many great suggestions! I can always use more stretches for my hips. Happy Day 28! :)
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I'll need to check out the lizard pose and see what it's all about. I am definitely getting on YouTube as soon as I get home tonight and find a great video to do! I miss my yoga but gkids come first...they are just too darn cute!

http://yogawithadriene.com/lizard-pose-utthan-pristhasana/ Just for you!
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have just seen this thread. I have only done yoga a handful of times and enjoyed it. Can I join in on 1 Septmeber even though you will all be on day 32 by then?
  • carlsoda
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »

http://yogawithadriene.com/lizard-pose-utthan-pristhasana/ Just for you!

I will check this out tonight! Thanks!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    serser28 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have just seen this thread. I have only done yoga a handful of times and enjoyed it. Can I join in on 1 Septmeber even though you will all be on day 32 by then?

Absolutely...the more the merrier!!! :)
  • serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - thanks! :)
  • jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So here I am sneaking back in... :blush: I ended up with a back injury (not yoga related) and had to cease activity for 2 weeks. I am slowly easing into practice with 3 poses. No routines for now - just balance and core strength.

@wellnesschaser I am very interested in learning more about meditation practice.
  • jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This looks great for me!!

• carlsoda
    Options
    29/100 - this is another real good one!

https://youtu.be/2s1U-6ebq6E
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 29: poses on my own today. I noticed how much easier it is to stretch right after a shower. Hmmm. I'll try that again as long as it's not a long sweat-producing session. It's really hot outside, and I don't feel like taking 3 showers a day. Water in (my part of) CA is scarce AND expensive.
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 30: started 30 day workout DVD, so yoga will have to be at another time of day- perhaps just some cool down stretches/poses like today. I don't think I'll have the time to do a full hour of exercising. One day at a time.
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Day 31: same as above. I'm guessing this will be the continuing saga. I'll check in occasionally during the next month. I'll need to stretch, that's for sure. I feel more connected to my body, which is a good thing. Let's see where the next 30 days bring us.