August Accountability and Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been easing into Intermittent Fasting and have been waiting until 2 in the afternoon to breathe my fast. Today, while rushing to an event, at 2 I was so famished and weak that I bought and wolfed down 3 candy bars in the terminal. And now on to the event.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Height: 5"3
    Heaviest weight: 154lbs
    Current weight: 134.7lbs
    Goal weight: 125lbs
    July SW: 134.7lbs
    August SW: 133.3lbs
    August GW: 131lbs

Aug 6:133.5lbs
    Aug 13:133.6lbs
    Aug 20:133.3lbs
    Aug 27:
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've done an early weigh in this week, I feel like I've done much better this week

31/7 140lb
    5/8 137.2lb
    12/8 138lb
    18/8 136.4lb

• WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Height 5 ft 8
    SW: 147.8
    GW: 125 to 130
    August GW: 145

8/5: 147.8
    8/14: 146.8
    8/20: 146

What is making a difference: Not eating after dinner. Not only is my weight trending down, but I sleep more restfully and I wake up without the alarm clock. What also helps is that I do all my pre-bedtime ritual right after dinner. Dinner is at 7, bedtime is 10ish, so I'm still comfortably full at bedtime, but without that pre-sleep snack, my weight is finally coming down.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Lots of losses everyone, well done!

@2tall4thisworld I'm glad our words helped! And well done on the drop, that's a good one!

I feel like I am a bit stuck, struggling to get back in to things. Mind you, it is that time of the month and yesterday I was so crampy. We were out for dinner and when I normally am quite good at this particular restaurant (lots of sub 600 cal options), I had a pizza (hellooooo 1300 cals!). I then suggested (thanks to my PMT, I'm sure) that we have pudding, which in my case was a banana and chocolate calzone with ice cream and salted caramel sauce (helloooo 600+ cals!).

I am continuing to log on weekdays. However, on Friday evening I fly out to see my parents for 5 days. I think I'll be slightly better there food wise, but I can't see myself logging anything. Mind you, my best friend has already suggested we go for a run together when I'm there, so I do intend to get two 5k runs in. And will probably go for one after work today too. But my eye is kind of off the ball for now. I've got this holiday, then it's my birthday early September followed by a BBQ with homebrew drinks at ours the weekend of the 9th. So I can be good on the days in between, but I cannot bring myself to calorie count on the 'fun' days. Right now it simply feels like I have to allow myself that bit of freedom and then properly focus again from the 11th of September.

So yeah. I'm not being all bad, but the weight is stuck for a few weeks I think. See what my PT can do in terms of turning my training in to more weight stuff, like a challenge of some sort that I can aim for.

I dunno. I'm going to keep logging here though (and start a September thread) because all of your updates and wise words help keep me in line.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height - 5' 3"
    SW - 127 (Feb 2017)
    GW - 110
    August SW - 119
    August GW - 115

Aug 7: 116.6
    Aug 14: 115.8
    Aug 21: 116.0
    Aug 28:

Feeling pretty bloated/icky/nauseous this week so wasn't anticipating a loss, and I was right. Not concerned about 0.2 lbs though.

For now, I'm just trying to survive a few more weeks until my dr's appointment to switch to a better birth control pill that doesn't make me so sick (I believe some of you commented on my thread).
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs

August 4th- 174.2lbs
    August 7th- 174.2lbs
    August 11th- 173.1lbs
    August 14th- 172.6lbs
    August 18th- 169.5 lbs
    August 21st- 168.2 lbs
    August 25th-
    August 28th-

August Goal 169.5 (achieved on 8/18)

Happy Monday Ladies! And for those of us in the U.S. Happy Solar Eclipse Day! The last time an eclipse traveled across the whole country was in 1918! Pretty cool stuff. :smiley:

I took Saturday and Sunday off from my regular gym routine. I did however get a good climbing session in. I made really conscious eating choices this weekend and I'm happy about it! My goal is basically now just to stay in the 160s for the rest of the month. I don't want to fluctuate too high if I can help it. I do have a guy friend coming to town this week.... And I'm SUPER excited about it. I pick him up at the airport on Fridayyyyyyy. Nervous excitement is at an all time high right now.

@rianneonamission i know what you mean about calorie counting on the "fun" days not being so fun! I hope you enjoy your time with your parents and of course your upcoming birthday!

@WallyAmadeus i always love your posts! congrats on your loss! not eating after dinner really helps me too!

@mrssunshine78 congrats girl!!!
  • krismet777
    krismet777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joining super late but better late than never!

I'm 5'4" ...gained like 15 lbs after I started living again post seperation and divorce
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    krismet777 wrote: »
    Joining super late but better late than never!

I'm 5'4" ...gained like 15 lbs after I started living again post seperation and divorce

Welcome, it's never too late to join! You gained 15lbs of happiness I hope :). And now that you have found that happiness you can learn to be in charge of it!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    5'11.5
    Highest Weight: 220lbs.
    Start Weight: 212lbs
    Current weight: 141lbs.
    August Goal: Mini bulk to try and get back up to 142 at least.
    Ultimate Goal: 145lbs

Last July weight: 141.8lbs.
    August 1st: 140.6lbs.
    August 8th: 140.2lbs.
    August 15th: 142.6lbs aka Shark Week.
    August 22nd: 141lbs

Not sure if this is a true gain but we have upward mobility!

I had a bad week. This is not the way I wanted to gain. For the most part, I don't stress eat anymore, definitely not in relation to myself, but if the situation calls for it, it can happen. Let's just say, trying to keep a very poorly man well enough to stay out of hospital by yourself while having your own stress (dental anxiety, mystery tummy pain, my bed broke) was a trying time indeed. My dad actually went into hospital yesterday, it was inevitable, he needed oxygen which he doesn't have, but I can say I tried my best to keep him at home. Speaking of the bed situation. I ordered my new bed as a single unit (as in double) and they tried to deliver me a double mattress...with a single base. How the eff does that work? What logic lets that leave the depo? I'm currently sleeping on my old mattress, which is Satan's cheese grater (you can feel every spring), on the floor like a hobo and I was not pleased to have that turn up at 7am this morning.

So yeah, I am normally better behaved but I did in fact eat a takeout burger with burger sauce with disgustingly oily onion rings, fries, some of my brother's pizza one day, chocolate constantly, doritos and all kinds of nutritiously lacking foods for the last few days, as well as eating half a quiche one night. It was pretty indiscriminate. :lol: But it's like all things, your body pays for it. I feel very sick, not nauseous, but my skin doesn't feel right and my body feels sluggish. It's going to take a couple of days to get the crap out of my system but I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to normal. Right up until I have dinner out tonight, girls night Friday and a friend's dinner and drinks on Saturday. Honestly, I love food but this is too much. :lol:

Never measure yourself by how you fall down, but how you get back up. I've always been scrappy so don't count me out yet! One last push for August, everybody. We got this. :heart:
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    I'm sorry @glassofroses, but Satan's cheese grater made me chuckle!

Hope your dad is ok, first and foremost. You'll soon be on the healthy stuff again so don't worry too much. I know what you mean about the horrible greasy feeling you get from eating crappy foods.

Fingers crossed they sort your bed out soon. Expect a double bed frame with a single mattress next through...
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @rianneonamission I did go back and laugh myself. It's the only way to describe the stupid thing. I refused to take the order and I'm going to call them when I can tomorrow to tell them not to bother sending anything else and I want my money back. I had it last time when I ordered my bed, I ended up with a (single) mattress I couldn't use in my hallway for two weeks while they figured out their heads from their butts to take it back. By that point I was so frustrated I was like 'shove the mattress I'll just pay for the frame'. Went to a completely different place and ordered something else. Also ended up with a tall, narrow 5 drawer bed side table thing as well. :lol: I'm such an impulse shopper. Although I do need the storage.

My dad is on antibiotics and oxygen but won't be coming home tonight so we'll see how he goes. He has COPD which is why he's having such trouble but because of his other problems doctors have been constantly saying it's his kidneys, it's his heart the last 7-8 months that's giving him the breathing trouble when, shocker, it's his lungs.

I'm going out for Greek tonight and Turkish on Saturday which I find to be relatively decent in terms of being able to get something that won't give me the greasy feels. It'll just be the pizza on Friday. I'm such a pizza hoarder. I love it. Pizza Hut Texan BBQ thin base pizza for life.
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    HW: 68.8kg
    SW: 63.8 kg (last June weigh in)
    GW: 63-65 kg

08/01: 63.4 kg
    08/08: 63.4 kg
    08/15: 64 kg
    08/22: 63.7 kg

So I've been doing a lot better food wise despite being stressed out about my move today and some family stuff that's been going on. I've definitely cut down on the fast food, and I've been doing better about eating less dairy.
    I start a training for my new position before school starts up again, so I'll have a whole new schedule to make and adjust to, but I'm excited! Finally going to start running again!
    @rianneonamission I totally understand about not logging food as much, especially when it's on fun days. It seems like your finding a balance though, keep it up!
    @glassofroses that sounds like such a stressful week! But it sounds like you made the best decisions you could.
    I cannot believe they made such a bad mix up with your bed!! I would rather sleep on the floor than satan's cheese grater lol
    @2tall4thisworld you are crushing your goals!! It really helps motivate me to see you going after them and knocking them out of the park! Ps: have fun with this new guy friend :tongue:

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Pretty good response for August ending in a week or so. Lots of sites get really slow in the summertime.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @evergreenlake I have a mattress topper that mitigates most of the a**hattery. Plus my joints would never forgive me for sleeping on the floor. Who knows what I could dislocate. :wink: Really awesome job getting back on it. It can be really hard during and after a stressful time to not fall back into bad habits and clearly you rose above! :star:

I feel like logging is something you have to do to start with, but once you get your bearings as to what contains what you can free wheel it a bit more. I always log an approx. if I go to a restaurant but it's more for my mental tally than anything else. Maybe it's just I'm boring and eat the same foods that I love?
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Yesterday's session with my PT just about wiped me out. But: An unexpected loss, albeit only 0.4lb.

Feeling positive! Hopefully I can do pilates tonight and tomorrow, and get a run in tomorrow too.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW August: 168lbs (last July weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Currently 160lbs but will revise when I get there.
    August goal: 166lbs (adjusted from 163lbs)
    Body fat goal for August: Sub 26.9%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    5th July: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    12th July: 167.6lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    19th July: 168.2lbs - Body fat 27.1%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    2nd Aug: 166.8lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    9th Aug: 167.2lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    16th Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    23rd Aug: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27%
    31st Aug:

• rianneonamission
    Options
    Ooh, I lost more than I thought: 0.6lb, so my weight is 168.4lbs today (I take a photo of the number). Woop! Had to nip to the supermarket during lunch and found myself walking a little taller. Maybe that means I'm back on track?
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    Currently 112
    I don't really have a goal weight. Originally it was pre baby weight (115-118) which I have hit. Now I am more focused on losing body fat and gaining muscle. So if my weight drops or rises, but visually like my progress - cool.
    My leanest bf% was 17%. I just got back from a 2 1/2 week vaycay and its about 20% right now. I'd love to be 17% or even leaner.

Right now I am still babying a shoulder injury. I just attempted yesterday some light lifting that uses my shoulder (not shoulder focused obviously) so just going to take the slow. Until I can get back on my 6 day split, I will be primarily doing legs and core with two cardio days. And whatever little back exercises I can throw in without causing detriment to my shoulder. (I MISS BENCH!!)

Need more lady friends!
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I should add I started the month 111 before I left for vacation on Aug 3. Not sure body fat % probably 18-19%.
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW: 186.4
    Aug 8: 177.2
    Aug 16: 179.8
    Aug 24: 176.4

Hi again ladies. Another week has come and gone. I'm making a bit of progress finally. I was feeling really good this week and yesterday weighed in at 175.2 but on top of that, I just really felt good. I got dressed and my skirt felt loose and I thought I looked really slim, I was really having a good day with things.

It happened to be our annual PD day at work, so we had breakfast and lunch provided to us and I was really conscious about what I was eating and made sure to go for a walk during the lunch break. But then, the drinking started. We had free beer and wine at work, and then I was told that a bunch of my coworkers were going out afterwards. I used to be really good at monitoring my drinking and drinking appropriately, but lately that's been lacking. I estimate I drank 1700 calories last night :o I ate quite a bit when we were out as well, but because I'd saved some calories and made sure to get some walking in, I could have still stayed within 100 calories of my goal, but the booze set me way off.

I need to come up with a different strategy for alcohol. I can't just say I'm not drinking, because that's really unrealistic for me. But I feel like I need some kind of limit. The Canadian recommend guidelines are "no more than 10 drinks a week and no more than 3 drinks in one day". I feel like that's something I could stick to. If I tell myself I can't have any, I'll end up having one anyway and then since I already broke my rule, I'll just keep going. But saying no more than 3 a day and no more than 10 a week, I can still indulge, but I'll have a decent cut off point.

I know that one day doesn't make you gain weight just like one day of healthy eating doesn't make you lose weight, but it's been pretty common for me to drink like that (and eat a lot more on those days) once a week and those type of habits are the ones that cause you to gain weight over time, or at least not be able to lose it. Without making a change in these behaviours, I'm not going to get where I want to be.