August Accountability and Weigh-In

Options

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    @KelseyRL If you know you're going to be drinking then maybe stick to lower calorie choices like prosecco and spirits? Depending on what you have it's roughly 80cals a glass/with a diet soda mixer.

I only ever have one drink anyway and it's always a cider because that's what I like and it's a calorie bomb in comparison but if I ever have more than one I switch to prosecco or vodka/diet coke so I'm not making it too much worse.

Congrats on your progress though. Not every habit can be broken overnight so don't beat yourself up too much. You're doing great. :star:
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks @glassofroses. I usually do drink lower calorie drinks, but at work they didn't have a proper bar, just canned beer and wine, and then after we went to a local brewery where the only choice is beer. I've always enjoyed craft beer and when it's local it's even better, but I've been sticking mostly to gin and soda because it's more manageable.

I'm usually pretty good about things, but if I'm going to go completely crazy one day, it'll always involve alcohol. I want to make a change with it for not just my weight, but everything else too. If I have 2-3 drinks, the next day I feel fine. But today I feel gross. I don't want to workout, I just want to nap and be lazy. Big nights out like that effect more than just that night, they throw off my routine. It's a work in progress though. I've been thinking about drinking for a while now and it's something I feel I should make a change with. It'll come. It just takes time.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @KelseyRL You're aware of it now and I agree a 2-3 drink limit is always worth it as a life rule. Push comes to shove you can always say no to drinking at all on occasion. Some people find it uncomfortable because of the social expectation but I do it all the time and it's something that gets easier. People try it on because you not drinking makes them more uncomfortable about what they're drinking but you can't let that stop you. You don't exist to facilitate them, y'know?
  • curlygirlusn
    curlygirlusn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Started Aug at 162, now weigh in at 157.5... I stalled for about 10 days where I didn't lose anything. I cheated some, but not enough to gain any weight back. I'm back on the bandwagon again. I think I will be at 155 before the month is out...
  • cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all been gone for a bit! Just checking back in and it looks like everyone is doing really well! Congrats all! I've been eating better and got down to 156 but now around 158. Girls are out of school a few more days so hoping I can get back into a more regular routine at that time and things will start coming down more!

5'7"
    SW August 163
    CW 158
    GW August 156
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs

August 4th- 174.2lbs
    August 7th- 174.2lbs
    August 11th- 173.1lbs
    August 14th- 172.6lbs
    August 18th- 169.5 lbs
    August 21st- 168.2 lbs
    August 25th- 167.8 lbs
    August 28th-

August Goal 169.5 (achieved on 8/18)

Just wanted to get my post in real quick! Proud of my progress. But I need to eat more I know I'm just so busy lately! Also hottie Mac hottie is in town so I'm gonna have a uhhhhh fun weekend !! :) check in with you gals Monday!!!!
  • evergreenlake
    evergreenlake Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @KelseyRL I think it's a really great thing that you've recognized this habit and are trying to address it. Once you notice it, it's easier to make conscious decisions. I've been in similar situations so I've set a limit for myself based on how I know I will feel the next day. It changes over time too, but I think having a limit of 3 is a good goal to have!

Its not my weigh in until Tuesday, but I am now at training on campus for my job and I have not found a scale yet to weigh myself so I have no idea where I am at.
    It's been an adjustment and I've noticed that my appetite has been fairly poor, hopefully that will change in the next week.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7"
    SW 150lbs
    GW 122lbs-124lbs
    August GW 128lbs

June Start: 144lbs
    June Finish: 141lbs
    July Start: 137lbs
    July Finish: 132lbs

8/5: 131lbs
    8/12:131 lbs
    8/19: 129lbs
    8/26: 128

Despite my knee injury preventing me from working out the way I want, I've been able to maintain my weight loss by eating extra careful... although I am afraid that I lost muscle and not fat because I do feel pudgier than normal. Either way, I am happy to be within 5 pounds of my goal weight! I am excited to get to working out hard soon, and am inspired by all the ladies on here! Happy end of August everyone!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Height 5'10"

HW- 183.1 lbs
    SW June- 180 lbs
    SW July-177.9 lbs

August 4th- 174.2lbs
    August 7th- 174.2lbs
    August 11th- 173.1lbs
    August 14th- 172.6lbs
    August 18th- 169.5 lbs
    August 21st- 168.2 lbs
    August 25th- 167.8 lbs
    August 28th- 167.5 lbs

August Goal 169.5 (achieved on 8/18)

Wow!! @RMC1995 congrats to you for being so close to your goal weight!! And I'm glad you've been taking it easy on your injury. You're doing so well! :smile:

Well I had a loooonnng weekend. Mom was in town, followed by hottie mc hottie! Woo!! I wasn't able to hit the gym but we climbed, and did a long hike! I also have been very aware of my portions this entire weekend. On Friday I didn't eat enough and i dropped to 166 and I knew that wasn't real loss. I was so hungry. But yesterday I had a normal day of eating and hydrating and I'm happy at 167.5! Looking forward to seeing you all in the September discussion. I'm happy to have made so many new friends!!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    August Goal weight: 113-118-I have a trip this month for two weeks so I am hoping that with my buffer I can be within my maintenance range again by the end of the month

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Aug 1-113.4
    Aug 8-110.2/ 111.6 by trend
    Aug 14-
    Aug 21-
    Aug 28-112.9
    Struggles: none really though I only hit the gym a few times on the vacation. Tried not to eat everything in sight. Not entirely successfull
    Successes: the weight loss buffer worked though I was too skinny before the trip. I only gained 3 lbs on holiday for two weeks in Italy.
    Upcoming week plan: I am back on horse today with my first work out since I got back. Scared and excited to get back into the gym. I am doing a 5 day cleanse of liquid dinner and breakfast and a carb free lunch. I start my training for the 1/2 marathon today. Glad to have a goal.

Seems like a tumultuous august for everyone. Hugs to those who need them and a woot woot for the many sucesses. It's back to cold beans and porridge as my gramma says.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Height - 5' 3"
    SW - 127 (Feb 2017)
    GW - 110
    August SW - 119
    August GW - 115

Aug 7: 116.6
    Aug 14: 115.8
    Aug 21: 116.0
    Aug 28: 114.8

This has been an absolutely tumultuous week at work (my boss is having an actual mental breakdown, and I'm the PR person). But, I tried to still stick to my calories as much as possible without giving into emotional eating. Although I won't lie, and more of those calories were wine than normal.

Also, I officially hit my August goal weight! Yay! I am going to keep going until I get to 112 and then finally start recomp ...

• glassofroses
    Options
    5'11.5
    Highest Weight: 220lbs.
    Start Weight: 212lbs
    Current weight: 140.6lbs.
    August Goal: Mini bulk to try and get back up to 142 at least.
    Ultimate Goal: 145lbs

Last July weight: 141.8lbs.
    August 1st: 140.6lbs.
    August 8th: 140.2lbs.
    August 15th: 142.6lbs aka Shark Week.
    August 22nd: 141lbs
    August 29th: 140.6lbs

I guess the best I can say for August is that I maintained above 140lbs, despite seeing 139 a few times, including this week. I've spoken to three doctors now and the best they have for me is that they'll start looking into it at Christmas. I understand that it takes awhile for the body to get back to normal but I went out and had 4 cocktails. Tall *kitten* fruity cocktails and the best my body could do was to push me to 141 for A DAY.

Sometimes I hear myself and my first world problems and I want to punch my own face. Clearly it's time for another coffee.

@bringbackthejoy Was the food good in Italy? I am thinking of planning a trip just for food. :wink:

@RMC1995 Congrats on keeping with the losses. That's great! I'm really glad you're healing up well. Being out for the count sucks but it's better to be healthy. :heart:

@2tall4thisworld You're on fire, girl! What's the new goal???
  • cheryljanine
    cheryljanine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    New as well. 5'3, 150. Trying to reach 145 forever, weight fluctuates between 152 and 147.
    Going on vacation September 22, hoping to be back in the 140's. Lots of eating of great seafood to chow on.
    24.5 days. I am hopeful.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The best dish I had was a penne with crumbled sausage in a butter sage sauce. I am drooling just thinking about it. And a ravioli carbonara where the sauce was inside the pocket. It just burst forth when you cut into that delicate pasta. And the wine...oh the wine....
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Ravioli and carbonara are literally two of my favourite things. Damn. I need an Italian pasta eating holiday for sure. As long as there is also quadrotti I'm pretty much sold.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @2tall4thisworld Thank you so much for the encouragement, it means a lot! Your weekend sounds busy but very fun - I'm jealous you are able to go out climbing so often; It's such a thrill. @bringbackthejoy I hope your trip to Italy was fantastic, it's awesome you were able to keep your weight gain to just 3 pounds - I hope you also enjoyed the fantastic cuisine over there!
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW: 186.4
    Aug 8: 177.2
    Aug 16: 179.8
    Aug 24: 176.4
    Aug 30: 173.6

I’m finally in the ‘normal’ range on the BMI Scale! It’s weird how our perceptions can change. I was around 175 for so many years and everyone in my life told me there was no need to lose any weight, that if I was any smaller I’d be too small, things like that, and I was actually in the overweight category the whole time! And I look at myself today and can totally see that I can lose more. There’s still a lot of extra fat on me that I want gone!

Thanks everyone for all the support about the drinking calories. I was having a down day (mainly because I was hungover :blush: ). I’m usually fine with moderating my drinking but every now and then the party gets away from me. And you know what, I’m okay with that so long as it stays “every now and then”.

I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made in the last 2 weeks. I really feel like my life is normalizing after the crazy summer we had. I found a workout plan that I really like and have been doing that more regularly and I’ve gotten back into the C210K program. That plus having way more control over my food since we’re not going to events all the time has all added up to have me feeling really great about things and myself. I also just got a Fitbit and having a new toy to play with has got me out more these past few days.

@2tall4thisworld : Congratulations on your great progress and I’m glad to hear you had a great weekend with your mom and your hottie! I’ve wanted to get into climbing for so long but we just can’t seem to make it stick. I think when the weather gets crappy we might be more consistent. The only place to climb around here is inside and I just can’t bring myself to workout indoors during the summer.

@RMC1995 : Great work keeping things up even with an injury. Changes to your routine can be hard to manage with everything. You’re so close to your goal! Keep it up!

@bringbackthejoy : So jealous of your Italy trip! And well done for only gaining 3 pounds! When I was in France I swear I put on 10 in 2 weeks. Totally worth it though!

@brianneangell08 : Sorry to hear your job is going so poorly, but good work not letting that control your eating. There are other ways to deal with stress than eating it. Adding more wine to your calorie count won’t hurt either :wink:

@glassofroses: Health problems suck and having to wait on medical care till Christmas double sucks :neutral: I guess all you can do for now is just keep at it and see what happens.

Thanks for all the support this month ladies and I'll see you in the September thread!
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @KelseyRL Thanks hon. It's just concerning to me because I'm 140 roughly but that's without training. I train high level kickboxing for belts and to compete anywhere from 5 to 9 hours a week at my peak. Obviously I'm not at my peak atm as I'm just coming back from this appendectomy. But if I can't maintain a decent weight while being a couch potato what am I supposed to do about my training? I often get into the ring with the guys and every bit of weight I lose puts me further at a disadvantage in terms of power and being able to absorb contact. My doctors know this and it's still not a priority, which I guess if they really can't do anything about it until 6 months have passed then I'll have to lump it but I'm really not happy about it.

At the end of the day, I'm still a healthy weight, even if it's a low one so I can be grateful for that. Congrats on your strong loss! People's perceptions of our bodies are so weird. It's like my brother every now and again comes up to me and tells me I'm so small. He isn't saying it in the context of anything other than observing me so it makes me laugh. I think it depends on the person, their own weight and their perspective on what is aesthetically pleasing. People who are heavier, not even necessarily overweight, just bigger, tend to 'worry' a lot more. Usually until they see me start eating (I eat everything) and then suddenly they become less 'concerned'. It's your body and your aesthetic, if you want to lose more fat, then do it. Who gives a monkey.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Another lovely 5 day break over with and have only put on 0.4lbs since my last weigh in, so I am not worried. And I have my PT session tonight so should be back to normal soon, probably tomorrow. Goals not met but *kitten* it, I have had a great summer!

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs
    SW August: 168lbs (last July weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Currently 160lbs but will revise when I get there.
    August goal: 166lbs (adjusted from 163lbs)
    Body fat goal for August: Sub 26.9%

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    5th July: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    12th July: 167.6lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    19th July: 168.2lbs - Body fat 27.1%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    2nd Aug: 166.8lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    9th Aug: 167.2lbs - Body fat 26.8%
    16th Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    23rd Aug: 168.6lbs - Body fat 27%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%

I will read through all your updates later, although I did spot that @2tall4thisworld is now officially lighter than me!

Will go and prep a new September thread.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @bringbackthejoy Italy sounds lush. Wherabouts in Italy were you?

On another note: Liquid dinner & breakfast and no carb lunch when trying to gain? Didn't expect to read that. How does that work? Forgive my ignorance, but I though carbs were an integral part of gaining/bulking.

@brianneangell08 well done for staying on track despite the stress! Hope your boss will be ok too.

@glassofroses Well done for staying above 140. Surely it shouldn't take that long for your body to adjust again though, especially now that you're exercising again?

Excellent result for August @KelseyRL! You and @2tall4thisworld are on fire!

Welcome @cheryljanine, come and join us on the September thread?